PhillBoy20XD6

And I thought AQ would be good

So today I wire my 0 gauge power to my distro block to wire my amp my amp shows power, the remote does not show anything and for a kick i have no power to my sub. I've tried several subs now and nothing happens. I've tried every possible wiring scheme and still absolutely nothing. i am so pissed at AQ unless there is some secret setting in my pioneer I forgot to change that will unleash the power I think I got a bad amp. Is there anything that I may be forgetting or any tips anyone could give to keep me from blowing up on AQ? ;( it's an aq1200d that i'm dealing with and its wired to a RE SX12

Edited by PhillBoy20XD6

if you have a friend with a system you can swap amps for a minute with, if the amp works in their car then something in yours isnt right, or swap it with another amp you may have.. you get the point.

For starters do you have DMM (digital multimeter)

if so please check the outputs on the amp when your system is on and playing, put the meter in A/C V

then check the RCA going into the amp if you see a voltage there then you know you have an amp issue if there is no voltage there you have a h/u setting gone wrong, or disconnected RCA behind the h/u.

also you can get one of those RCA to Ipod cables and plug your ipod directly into the amp with the car on and see if it will output anything!

do these and get back to us!

also what h/u are you using, please post a link!

So today I wire my 0 gauge power to my distro block to wire my amp my amp shows power, the remote does not show anything and for a kick i have no power to my sub. I've tried several subs now and nothing happens. I've tried every possible wiring scheme and still absolutely nothing. i am so pissed at AQ unless there is some secret setting in my pioneer I forgot to change that will unleash the power I think I got a bad amp. Is there anything that I may be forgetting or any tips anyone could give to keep me from blowing up on AQ? ;( it's an aq1200d that i'm dealing with and its wired to a RE SX12

?????puzzled.gif

what bromo said what is up with your remote also how do you know it isn't work?

to test this hook a little wire from your positive terminal of your amp to you remote of the amp!

No reason to blow up on anyone. Either you have something wrong, or the amp is bad. Either way, find out the issue and contact AQ if something really is wrong. Now if they tell you to screw off then you have something to blow up about. Things fail, it happens. No matter how good the amp is there are bound to be a few duds for whatever reason.

it just caught me by surprise to know i have a great amp and it not work. and i wouldn't blow up on these guys michael has been great helping me out just mad that I get the crap of thousands that have been used. like it said there is some sound now not much and i checked the power and i have 12v in. the remote to the amp (the little bass knob) not the remote turn on.

when checking the rca's should i have to unplug them to check or whats up because i put the meter on the a few different ways and got a low volt reading. im sure the rca's are good and they are for sure connected because i have my h/u sitting out so i can test it. any solution?

well if there is music playing the reading you get on your DMM should be a small one!

are you able to hook your ipod up the amp and see what kind a output you get? also i don't mean to sound mean or anything but which way is the gain turned on the amp? 2v or 8v? left or right clockwise or counter clock wise lol!

also hook your dmm to the output side of the amp of the amp and wht kind a A/c voltage are you seeing on that end?

When I got my aq, I thought it didn't work at first, but then after 2 hours of messing with wireing, I found out my subs coils where not in phase.

the speaker output is minimal to say the least but im not getting a reading on the rca's for some reason. the gain goes from .15 to 5v on this amp and its on 5v.

i say the h/u or rca from the H/U is your issue then!

again to test this theory out hook your mp3 player to the rca's of the amp and play a 50-60hz tone and see what results it yields! this will help to narrow down your issue or either a h/u issue or amp issue!

check to make sure sub preout setting on headunit is turned up.

It sounds like it's at least turned on.'

Is the remote gain controller plugged in?

If it is, the GAIN on the amp needs to be turned up around 75-85% of the way up.

this is the master GAIN controller, the one on the amp.

Now start to turn the gain up on the remote control, it will keep getting louder.

r u sure?

Have u confirmed the gain is turned CLOCKWISE.. from left to right?

Also, just for shits n giggles, lets open this amp up FULLY to see if it's user error-

Take gain, turn it ALL the way to the right,.

Subsonic filter - ALL the way to the LEFT.

Low pass filter- ALL the way to the RIGHT.

Remote gain controller - unplug it!

Play a song at volume 1 and gradually keep turning it up.

DO NOT TURN UP TOO LOUD!

IF and once u notice more bass is being produced at an exceptional level in SPL compared to now, STOP and turn down or off.

Because i have just told u how to run ur amp wide open, u can possibly kill your sub by playing too loud..

This is just to test user error.

ok so yeah this thing is moving a helluva lot now too bad i took it out of the box to test it and in the process broke a ring terminal. thanks shizz. now how should i go about fine tuning this thing

What's your box tuned to? The subsonic filter should be approximately 2-3 hz below your box tuning.

You had the gain all the way down....... Really?

ok so yeah this thing is moving a helluva lot now too bad i took it out of the box to test it and in the process broke a ring terminal. thanks shizz. now how should i go about fine tuning this thing

YO! ALL AQ REMOTES ARE BACKWARDS! ALL THE WAY TO THE RIGHT IS ALL THE WAY DOWN!!! Idk why it's like that but it is.

So yes, he probably had both the amp gain and remote gain all the way down.

Edited by An-i-no

YO! ALL AQ REMOTES ARE BACKWARDS! ALL THE WAY TO THE RIGHT IS ALL THE WAY DOWN!!! Idk why it's like that but it is.

Calm down.....

Calm down.....

Lol, I didn't know if he knew or not. That's pretty important

it is very important but yeah i wasn't under the impression that it was opposite day in the AQ factory when they thought up the idea for the gain settings. its tuned to 35hz