AJ Abreu

what do you think about this amp? looks good.

i was looking for amps to power 2 or 3 fi btl 18 subs which each rms at 3000, i was going to get two because amps were really expensive and didnt have enough money but then i came across the kicker wx10000 for 1600 dollars i though was a really good price do you guys know any other amps that have good prices. what do you guys think about this amp and how would i connect it? http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Car-Amplifiers/NEW-KICKER-WARHORSE-07WX10000.1-CAR-AMPLIFIER-WX10000.1/07WX10000.1.aspx

btw i dont know much about car audio i only know a few stuff

If you dont know alot about car audio that amp isnt for you, your going to need multiple batteries to run that thing, multiple alternators and an un godly amount of 1/0 ga wre run throughout your vehicle. I could imagine easily matching the price of the amp if your lucky in electrical upgrades.... rms on the BTL is 2000rms not 3000... unless you bought some N3's.

If you dont know alot about car audio that amp isnt for you, your going to need multiple batteries to run that thing, multiple alternators and an un godly amount of 1/0 ga wre run throughout your vehicle. I could imagine easily matching the price of the amp if your lucky in electrical upgrades.... rms on the BTL is 2000rms not 3000... unless you bought some N3's.

thanks for you opinion im gonna get everything installed professionally, i was gonna get the n3 but i think ive changed my mind on getting them instead i think im gonna go with 2 n2 18 those rms at 2000, what amp do you recommend for it and also what is better dual 1 or dual 2 ohms? if i go with 2 n2 how many extra batteries will i need and which alternator?

thats a whole lot of questions I honestly dont have a great answer for. Im sure someone will jump in here and help you out.

there is one guy here that is preparing for a warhorse i believe. take a look.

thats a whole lot of questions I honestly dont have a great answer for. Im sure someone will jump in here and help you out.

ok an i saw you have 1 btl i was wondering did you buy your box if you did how much did it cost you?

First off how are you planning on running the subs? None of the amps you listed run under 2 ohm, which limits what you can do with your setup. And I agree with smashedz28 you will need ALOT of power to even see have of the rated power!! If I were you, I'd look into a sundown amp for those prices or a crescendo amp. These two amps that I stated pick up more frequencies than those you stated also.

I had a local craigslist kid build it, did excellent work and im thinking i paid 250 or so for it, its been a while i forget. Since then ive starting building my own boxes and its ALOT cheaper.

man imma give u a tip since ur new to the game. DONT GET UR SHIT INSTALLED BY A "PROFESSIONAL"!...Just cuz they own or work at a shop doesnt mean they know what there doing. honestly i love the whole idea of go big the first time but thats a big task to get urself into not knowing ur audio. id start with something smaller and do your research and do it yourself. 1. its cheaper 2. you will know ur systems limits and 3. u will learn car audio and love it that much more. but to each there own i guess man.. look thrue build logs u can learn alot that way

First off how are you planning on running the subs? None of the amps you listed run under 2 ohm, which limits what you can do with your setup. And I agree with smashedz28 you will need ALOT of power to even see have of the rated power!! If I were you, I'd look into a sundown amp for those prices or a crescendo amp. These two amps that I stated pick up more frequencies than those you stated also.

ok i was looking at the dc 3.5 k or at the aq3500 which do you recommend. and when i buy the sub what is better 1 or 2 ohm,

also i have the bose stock speakers in my hummer what would be a good upgrade to them

I had a local craigslist kid build it, did excellent work and im thinking i paid 250 or so for it, its been a while i forget. Since then ive starting building my own boxes and its ALOT cheaper.

I don't know how you guys build so cheap , in wood alone my current box has cost me 250 euro's (so approx 300 dollar) what does a sheet of 1inch thick mdf cost in the US ? and 3/4 primed hardwood multiplex ?

i think 1" might be the common thickness in ur country but in the u.s. 3/4" mdf is what is mostly used. and a 4'x8' sheet runs about $30-35 bucks. if u measure right using the most of a sheet with minimal scrap i was able to pull off a 4ft^3 slot ported box. i also double baffled and doubled the back out of 2 sheets. plus had enough scraps left to build a small sealed 12 box.

also wuts this multiplex u speak of? is it what we call birch ply? birch is a little more expensive then mdf here, but dont cost enough to run $300 bucks for one box build unless ur building BIG

also i have the bose stock speakers in my hummer what would be a good upgrade to them

Acsendant audio mids, crescendo components, or the bravox mids. Theirs a bunch of others, but those come to my mind when looking at upgrades. You can YouTube them all.

Sometimes I wish we never had the cheap power boom in amplification and Xmax wars. Now everyone thinks they need big woofers and more power than they can even comprehend.

Sometimes I wish we never had the cheap power boom in amplification and Xmax wars. Now everyone thinks they need big woofers and more power than they can even comprehend.

I agree. For those that don't get it, how do you think things were done in 1990?

I think your getting way over your head. if you dont know the difference between 1 ohm and 2 ohms, i dont think your ready for a 10kw amp or everything needed to run it safely.

I agree. For those that don't get it, how do you think things were done in 1990?

Power was very pricey then, trust me I know.

And it was in small quantities as well. 150 watts powered an entire system to deafening levels.

And it was in small quantities as well. 150 watts powered an entire system to deafening levels.

That is for sure. A 500watt system was killer then. I stillhave some of those oldies.

ok i was looking at the dc 3.5 k or at the aq3500 which do you recommend. and when i buy the sub what is better 1 or 2 ohm,

My best advice to you is to read read read bro. Then read some more.

www.bcae1.com <- Go here and click on anything you don't understand and read until you do. If this is going to be your first serious system then you should really start much smaller.

What you're trying to do is NOT EASY and you WILL NOT be able to just buy things online and have someone else put it in. You're looking at serious effort. Box designs, building battery trays, finding places to run several 0 gauge wires, sound deadening...so unless you're ready to strip the car down to bare metal (remove all the seats and carpet and door panels and interior pieces) to lay down deadener and run wires then this is not the build for you. You'll probably have to get fiberglassing done to house all the mids and highs you'll need to keep up with all the power you want...so yeah..

If you can simply understand your electrical system, and how many actual additional amps you have for your system from your stock alt, you'd be in good shape. Multiple batteries will work, but not forever. Your alternator will eventually die because of how much voltage your amps draw. So I would build around a solid amp, check all the specs, see what's the lowest ohm load it can be ran at, and buy subs around that. With the more popular LOUD and Recognized brands like Fi, Sundown, DC, SSA, acsendant, incriminator audio, etc.. You'll usually see their subs ran at dual 1 or 2 ohms. And good bat ties I'm familar with are kinetiks and xs power batteries. It's alot deeper than that, but you'll just have to read, and study up on the craft.