Sign in to follow this  
EricMyers

15(s) in a Ranger

I was wondering if anyone has managed to put one or 2 15" FI audio subs in an extended cab ranger. I have a 95 that I would like to upgrade. I currently have 2 Jensen competition series 12's in a deathbox II and its just not enough for me.

I have seen 15" subs in rangers before, but I would worry about fitting a big enough box so they sound nice, and FI subs seem to need slightly larger boxes than some other 15s

BTW, If anyone is selling USED amps or subs that are in good shape, I would love to know!

bust out a tape measure and see what you got to work with, long as you have the room

What type of power are you running/want to run? Are you looking to have a sealed or ported box?

i have a '95 ext. cab ranger myself. i have had plenty of set-ups with 2 15's. i had 2 15" kicker l7's in a ported box, iv had 2 15" crunch ground pounders, also 3 12's in a sealed box befor. i just removed my 2 12" mtx 9500's the other day. if u take the jump seats out, u can get a total of around 52" for length, 17 depth, and id say around 30 for heith and those are the MAX spec's i myself have found.i am 6'2" and those are the maxes for the depth. hope it helps bro!!!

Ford for the winnnnn

ha

P.S...

if u plan on getting a big amp, i suggjest doing "the big 3" and adding a second bat. i have a kicker zx1500.1 (150 amp) and it would almost shut off my truck when turned up. i solved most of the problem by doing the big three and getting a wal-mart (yes i said wal-mart) big boat battery. there around $85 and cant go wrong. YOU DONT NEED TO SEPND $175 ON A OPTIMA!! DONT lol everyone says the optima is the only way to go. well its not. and i have proof.

Edited by Lantz

i have a '95 ext. cab ranger myself. i have had plenty of set-ups with 2 15's. i had 2 15" kicker l7's in a ported box, iv had 2 15" crunch ground pounders, also 3 12's in a sealed box befor. i just removed my 2 12" mtx 9500's the other day. if u take the jump seats out, u can get a total of around 52" for length, 17 depth, and id say around 30 for heith and those are the MAX spec's i myself have found.i am 6'2" and those are the maxes for the depth. hope it helps bro!!!

Ford for the winnnnn

ha

P.S...

if u plan on getting a big amp, i suggjest doing "the big 3" and adding a second bat. i have a kicker zx1500.1 (150 amp) and it would almost shut off my truck when turned up. i solved most of the problem by doing the big three and getting a wal-mart (yes i said wal-mart) big boat battery. there around $85 and cant go wrong. YOU DONT NEED TO SEPND $175 ON A OPTIMA!! DONT lol everyone says the optima is the only way to go. well its not. and i have proof.

Thank you very much for the info. I didnt want to spend forever trying to design a box that would be big enough if it was impossible. Did you have the subs firing up? or forward?

Ford for the winnnnn

ha

P.S...

Yeah Optimas aren't great for car audio. May I ask if this "big boat walmart battery" is a sealed agm?

Ford for the winnnnn

ha

P.S...

Yeah Optimas aren't great for car audio. May I ask if this "big boat walmart battery" is a sealed agm?

I think I know what battery he is talking about, and if so, its just a normal lead acid. On a ranger theres room under the hoot for 2 more batteries, so all is good there. My problem is, my ranger has a 95amp alternater, so i will need to upgrade that. I already get my voltage gauge dropping with just 2 jensen 12's and a 250w amp, or just my headlights and fog lights (The fogs are 150w HID variety. They were free and BRIGHT)

Ford for the winnnnn

ha

P.S...

I think I know what battery he is talking about, and if so, its just a normal lead acid. On a ranger theres room under the hoot for 2 more batteries, so all is good there. My problem is, my ranger has a 95amp alternater, so i will need to upgrade that. I already get my voltage gauge dropping with just 2 jensen 12's and a 250w amp, or just my headlights and fog lights (The fogs are 150w HID variety. They were free and BRIGHT)

That's pretty sweet you have extra space under the hood for batts :P I'm jealous.

Yeah just don't put a normal acid batt inside the cabin, sealed agm is fine.

Ford for the winnnnn

ha

P.S...

That's pretty sweet you have extra space under the hood for batts :P I'm jealous.

Yeah just don't put a normal acid batt inside the cabin, sealed agm is fine.

Heres the engine compartment. If you look on the lower left corner, theres room right there for one, and I cant remember where I could put a third. lol

46602_1489482448374_1573352208_31163186_6150168_n.jpg

And since this is a car audio forum, two more pics. One is my BIG audio for my truck

40507_1461144579945_1573352208_31089236_6236332_n.jpg

Yes, I can scare people shitless

And the other is a BIG piston

189930_1739409096384_1573352208_31622619_3296441_n.jpg

What type of power are you running/want to run? Are you looking to have a sealed or ported box?

I like the SQ of sealed, but I need to compete with type R's and W6's, so I'm guessing i will need to go ported. I wanna make sure people know who has the baddest system, and who makes the baddest subs

Sign in to follow this