Luke.H

First set up sub suggestions

Good luck with your decision. I know that a first system is always a fun ride and a lot of thought is put into it. I really think that any of the subs that you have listed you are going to be really pleased with. I know you are leaning towards a single 15, but if i were you i would re-visit the dual 12" option and run the SAX-1200d. Look into the SA-12 or the SKAR VVX 12. You can get a great deal on 2 of those subs, and the current SKAR audio deal is two subs with a free dual 12 box.

Just my .02 =- let us know what you decide to go with :drink40:

Just ordered the SAX-1200 today ftw. Thinking I'll go with a Mach5 IXL-15. Better for my budget and I like what ive read about them alot. My friend has the older one without the mach5 logo on the dustcap and I know it sounds good to me. I wanted an Icon but they are out of stock sadly.

Should be a good match, Isn't shipping on mach 5 products killer?

Should be a good match, Isn't shipping on mach 5 products killer?

nah its not too bad its 250 shipped to the us. Its normally 200 tho locally so yea technically its 50 dollars shipping lol but its still cheaper than the fi's. I dont think shippings included in the fi's is it?

No, you calculate shipping after you put the sub in your car with Fi. Mach 5 is in canada, eh'. That's why i ask about shipping.

No, you calculate shipping after you put the sub in your car with Fi. Mach 5 is in canada, eh'. That's why i ask about shipping.

Yea haha it is so thats why its so high. For the price tho I cant think of a better sub for my purposes i think it should be good with the SAX

Figure I'll update this thread to let you guys know what I ended up going with. I ordered a 15" BL from Fi a little while ago. Should be in some time this week. Getting started on my box this week hopefully. Planning on going with 4.0 ft^3 tuned to 35Hz. Thanks for all your help guys I'm looking forward to the first set up. A new XS starter battery and I'll do the big 3 before I get the sub hooked up.

i've got a 15" bl, very happy with it. sounds like you've got the right plan going for ya' :morepower1:

I hope so. I think I'll like it. I took some pictures

301375501-e1a0ea17c4753a798e625979fd2cea3f.4dd44f70-scaled.png

301376414-396b6f5f6acfcf3eceec4aaeeb835ffb.4dd45678-scaled.jpg

Figure I'll update this thread to let you guys know what I ended up going with. I ordered a 15" BL from Fi a little while ago. Should be in some time this week. Getting started on my box this week hopefully. Planning on going with 4.0 ft^3 tuned to 35Hz. Thanks for all your help guys I'm looking forward to the first set up. A new XS starter battery and I'll do the big 3 before I get the sub hooked up.

yo i have a 06 3.5 se altima i have big 3 with 1/0 and my volts never drop under 13.5 with a 1200d

yo i have a 06 3.5 se altima i have big 3 with 1/0 and my volts never drop under 13.5 with a 1200d

Hopefully I end up with similar results. I don't feel like running a second battery