the727kid

Challenger Build, 2nd Round

Hey am interested in doing a baffle setup like this and am wondering if you ever got it finished and how it worked out for you. I am trying to decide whether to use the Daytons or the Fi IB3s I want to do 2 15" subs in IB to save space as you did and to get some good low end :P

I haven't ordered my other sub yet. Right now it sounds pretty good even for having a big ass hole in the baffle. Can't really crank it right now though.

Ended up going a different route for the amp rack. It was too cluttered for me and I still needed to add another amp, and little more trunk space is nice.

DSC00679.jpg

DSC00681.jpg

DSC00683.jpg

DSC00686.jpg

Looks like a mess but it about as clean as I could possibly make it and it is 100% better than before.

DSC00687.jpg

DSC00688.jpg

DSC00689.jpg

DSC00690.jpg

Very nice build. I am wondering how those Sundown neo mids sound. Jacob said they were not aimed for SQ use.

Your new amp rack looks great. What fused distribution block are you using?

Now that it is all in, how does it sound?

Very nice build. I am wondering how those Sundown neo mids sound. Jacob said they were not aimed for SQ use.

Your new amp rack looks great. What fused distribution block are you using?

Now that it is all in, how does it sound?

There laid back pro-audio drivers, off course there not aimed at SQ. It doesnt mean they cant sound good or be EQ'd to do well in any application. They arent your typically balls out loud midrange driver with no midbass, they will have midbass and still have stellar output. If your looking for true SQ then my guess would be to not look at pro audio speakers.

Actually pro-audio 8s can be the way to go for an active set up from what I've found. I am not an extreme SQ guy, and I needed something to keep up with horns, which is very hard to find while still having mid-bass. We will see how well they perform in a few weeks.

Actually pro-audio 8s can be the way to go for an active set up from what I've found. I am not an extreme SQ guy, and I needed something to keep up with horns, which is very hard to find while still having mid-bass. We will see how well they perform in a few weeks.

I agree with you and that is how Im using my 8"s as well as others, I wanted some mids with good midbass and decent output as well. I just wouldnt downplay them cause someone says there not geared for SQ, that they wont sound good or cant be used in sound quality install (SQ is subjective).

Ill bet with the low amount of power your running yours at with those horns, it sounds lovely. Wish I was in your area to get a listen, im looking for some ultra horns myself.

haha wow I just realized your in st pete, FL. Same here! what area you in?

This is a VERY clean setup !!! Textbook attention to detail !!!

The only way I would like this setup better is if I got a demo ... :peepwall:

(SQ is subjective).

Sound Quality is not subjective !!! Its perfection in Car Audio installation and sound reproduction !!!

And I would love to see this car in the Sound Quality lanes !!! I thing it could bring in some very impressive scores !!!

The727Kid ... Keep on trucking bro !!! :popcorn:

looks great bro!!! :fing34: :fing34: :fing34:

(SQ is subjective).

Sound Quality is not subjective !!! Its perfection in Car Audio installation and sound reproduction !!!

And I would love to see this car in the Sound Quality lanes !!! I thing it could bring in some very impressive scores !!!

Haha thats hilarious. If you say so, what is used to measure this perfection (ears, taste and biasness doesnt count)?

Surely there must be bias in judging sq , since there us bias in an original interpretation of music

Guys, I was only complementing this guys car !!! It looks really nice and does not deserve to have his thread screwed up ... So sorry bout the whole SQ thing ... I just figured all that work deserved a few nice trophies for his efforts ...

Again, great work on your install The727Kid !!!

By Ulmerton/Belcher

Nice I'm in the old northeast area, I could demo my q 12, or i could get you a demo of my friends 18in n2 on a 3500bc

Appreciate the compliments guys.

Sween... when ever... my buddy has 15" Mayhems bandpass blown thru the rear deck of his car that is pretty impressive. You go to any shows around here?

Appreciate the compliments guys. Sween... when ever... my buddy has 15" Mayhems bandpass blown thru the rear deck of his car that is pretty impressive. You go to any shows around here?

I haven't been going to them but my friend reelbigfish92(btl n2 18) goes to a good amount if their close enough. I'm going to the downtown USF show(that might be more of a car show though, not sure) and this one

September 11th, 2011

12 pm -5 pm

9-11 Tribute Car, Truck, Bike & SPL Show

Boston's Restaurant and Sports Bar

9316 Anderson Ave

Tampa FL 33634

so if your gonna be at either of those ones we can do it then

No picture updates, but I got everything hooked up for now. Still waiting for my sub amp so they aren't hooked up yet. But I am extremely happy, the Sundowns really come alive with some serious power.... and lets just say it gets loud.

Edited by The727Kid

How much power are you throwing at your Sundown 8"s?