Impious

The Official TeamSSA Subwoofer Thread

tempting, very tempting, cant say for certain right now though

January? Sounds like a bday present for me :D

I think I could be interested, been looking for a good 18" (or two or three) to put in the van for a while now, hehe...

January? Sounds like a bday present for me :D

I think I could be interested, been looking for a good 18" (or two or three) to put in the van for a while now, hehe...

get two and we can build you for SS NW 1-2 :finger:

someone want to run the numbers and come up with some rough ideas for ported and sealed applications?

also would there be a logo? if so that would be even better

I am guessing 1000+ watts rms?

Why are my posts disappearing?

and knowing the power handling would be nice too.

squeak already said the power handling

coil should be good for 1000+w

but dont need more than 500w or so mechanically

someone want to run the numbers and come up with some rough ideas for ported and sealed applications?

Sealed Qtc of .7 happens at 10cuft.

Ported.....you don't want to know....LOL

Logo? If someone wants to design something I can stop by my local graphics shop and see what it would cost to cut some of them out.

Sealed Qtc of .7 happens at 10cuft.

Ported.....you don't want to know....LOL

Logo? If someone wants to design something I can stop by my local graphics shop and see what it would cost to cut some of them out.

I'd like to thank squeak for all his work on this. I was reviewing the posts and I don't recall seeing if the basket is cast or stamped (I'm guessing stamped at that price). The logo might be cool for some but I would like to keep it off of mine if I get one. If they are adhesive that shouldn't be a prob but if it were an adire put on logo then I guess I would have no choice.

Are you going to link this to SIN, if you do I think that you could easily pick up the remaining numbers you need (and what is that number by the way) I'm trying to talk my friend into a pair.

later,

b

Edited by haydenlake

I'd like to thank squeak for all his work on this. I was reviewing the posts and I don't recall seeing if the basket is cast or stamped (I'm guessing stamped at that price). The logo might be cool for some but I would like to keep it off of mine if I get one. If they are adhesive that shouldn't be a prob but if it were an adire put on logo then I guess I would have no choice.

Are you going to link this to SIN, if you do I think that you could easily pick up the remaining numbers you need (and what is that number by the way) I'm trying to talk my friend into a pair.

later,

b

Cast basket, 4-spoke I believe. Logos cost $$ and we don't want that.

I don't know how Josh would take this on SIN. I'd just keep it here and let word of mouth bring interested parties. At this price, even $300, it's really tough to pass up, and being an Adire driver, you know it will perform and last.

how much more? it could be posted up in the Adire section maybe...

let me guess 15 cubes ported?

later,

b

Cast basket, 4-spoke I believe. Logos cost $$ and we don't want that.

I don't know how Josh would take this on SIN. I'd just keep it here and let word of mouth bring interested parties. At this price, even $300, it's really tough to pass up, and being an Adire driver, you know it will perform and last.

yea we should just have Dan sign it... has a higher resale value lol

squeak i might be down for one.....how do you do IB in the home theater? links would be very nice...

thanks

how much more? it could be posted up in the Adire section maybe...

I don't know.....I think I need to start a poll-thread dedicated solely to those who are DEFINITELY in, have money for the downpayment, etc....so far I have like 7 definites and a whole lot of "maybes"....LOL

I'll try to go through and do a re-count later tonight or tommorrow though.

let me guess 15 cubes ported?

LOL....I think last time I ran the #'s in WinISD it was in the 20cuft range

squeak i might be down for one.....how do you do IB in the home theater? links would be very nice...

thanks

cut hole in wall/ceiling/floor -> install subwoofer -> sonic nirvana begins.

:D

LOL....here are some good pics: http://home.comcast.net/~infinitelybaffled...IB-Gallery.html

thanks for the link.....just woundering why you wanted a IB subwoofer?

.just woundering why you wanted a IB subwoofer?

IB > all

:D

Seriously though....for sound quality, it's about as pure as you can get. Nothing acting on the subwoofer but the subwoofer itself, acoustic suspension wise.