Impious

The Official TeamSSA Subwoofer Thread

.just woundering why you wanted a IB subwoofer?

IB > all

:D

Seriously though....for sound quality, it's about as pure as you can get. Nothing acting on the subwoofer but the subwoofer itself, acoustic suspension wise.

so i could just throw this on a baffle and then im good to go? or do i need to make a manifold type thing? if i can just throw this on a baffle count me down for one....

something like this maybe....

ib6bx.th.png

I guess I'm not sure what you mean by "just throw this on a baffle"?

If you mean you want to just build a baffle, put it on a stand and toss it in the corner of your room....that will not work for infinite baffle. To be infinite baffle, the front wave and rear wave must be completely isolated from each other.

You'll either need to build a GIANT sealed box larger than VAS, or mount it in a wall/ceiling/floor.

I'm seriously thinking about the ginormous box idea, as I'm not a property OWNER and won't be one for a while...

humm wonder how amanda will like 2 18" holes in the bedroom floor of the new house, :D

Beat Dominator, info from Adire as supplied below:

The cone is a pressed treated paper; that's our favorite option for subwoofer duty.

Hmmm, ANY dust cap eh?

I vote for a phase plug :)

.... don't ask Mike3 (DBfan), he'll just want it shaped like a penis :69:

Thanks for the update squeakers :)

Oh and if you decide on concave/convex cap... My friend does graphic design and he's really good. Might be able to get him to do something.... he'll probably want a place to start, like a brand name, Team SSA, your name, primary use, or something.

So just toss up a few ideas in a PM or if you want everyone's input, start a new thread for it.

Edited by Beat_Dominator

Hmmm, ANY dust cap eh?

I vote for a phase plug :)

.... don't ask Mike3 (DBfan), he'll just want it shaped like a penis :69:

Thanks for the update squeakers :)

So are you in or out?

:)

:peepwall:

Oh and if you decide on concave/convex cap... My friend does graphic design and he's really good. Might be able to get him to do something.... he'll probably want a place to start, like a brand name, Team SSA, your name, primary use, or something.

So just toss up a few ideas in a PM or if you want everyone's input, start a new thread for it.

TeamSSA Squeakinator

:P

:( Tough to make this decision while I'm spending $$$$ on x-mas. If I get my friend to do a logo for you then I'll be in for one for sure.

No offense, but "Squeakinator" in any form would look lame :)

it goes squeak like so !!!!

rotflmao

but for a logo and MC Wiggles signature underneath would be sweet, damn I wish the gov't gave a bonus

20 cubes ported? I'm there!

Hell, two of them is doable :D

Did I hear, "SQ wall?" hehe...

I'd prefer a soft rubber surround, just a taste thing.

When do you need a commitment?

I'm pretty damn sure I'm good for one driver, but whether or not I'm going with two might be a decision I need to make...

You're lame!!

:(

LOL....j/k

what about just the Adire diamond?

20 cubes ported? I'm there!

Hell, two of them is doable :D

Did I hear, "SQ wall?" hehe...

if you actually do this, I will drive down and help on the install for sure

You're lame!!

LOL....j/k

But it's not technically an "Adire" woofer.....would hate to have any sort of trademark infringement going on........

You're lame!!

LOL....j/k

But it's not technically an "Adire" woofer.....would hate to have any sort of trademark infringement going on........

ahh makes sense, I like the wiggle sig idea, but then again my vote does not count until I put in an order

i think some sort of logo would be cool, and i am fine with it being called the Squeakinator

squeak, in case you missed it in IHoP, i'm strongly considering one as well

squeak, in case you missed it in IHoP, i'm strongly considering one as well

Well stop considering and jump in for one already :P

These are the only definites that I have:

Squeak - 1

Tirefryr - 2

UCP - 1

Jntar - 1

DBFan - 1

That's only 6 definites (or atleast said they were definite :P )....and a whole lot of "maybes".

When we make it to 11 I'll start collecting the downpayments. Again, $165 down (plus paypal fees if paying by paypal), balance due upon completion.

Also...surround material? Foam? Rubber? I'm interested to foam, seeing as how it's a little less tempermental in temperature variations. But rubber is a tad more durable (in general). Dustcap; we'll probably just stay with that simple convex in the pic.....unless the dustcap selection is a deal breaker for someone :P

I love boobcones.

if people are going to be putting these in attics then foam maybe better, I would rater use soft rubber so it doesn't scuff and such as easily.

Hey Squeak, my birthdays comin up.... B1G1F??? :D

Don't care about the dustcap, I love how it looks like a Maelstrom :D I've already said my preference on the surround...and as for being definite, I will know whether I'm a definite or not in two weeks or so. If that's soon enough...

i just came to the conclusion that i have no need/room for this beast.... im sorry sqeak. i will have to sit in the sidelines for this one :(

if only i had a van. i would SOO be on this thing.