Aldundra

1 month later and I still don't have my alternator.....

So I ordered my alternator back on February 24th, it was the 210 amp PRO alternator for my 1998 Honda civic.

For the last two weeks, I've been on the phone speaking to Stan about what the status is with my alternator, and every time I was told that I would have a tracking number sent to my email in a few days and I would never get it.

When I spoke to him last Friday, he THEN told me that the engineer was putting together my alternator only to find out that they had the wrong housings.

Now I can understand having the wrong part or waiting for a missing part to come in, but why did it take 3 weeks for my alternator to finally be put together to only then find out that you had the wrong parts to put it together?

Shouldn't that have been something you realized a few days after my order, instead of WEEKS after my order?

This also means that when I was previously told that my alternator was being put together and I would have a tracking number in a few days, that I was being lied to.

One of the main reasons I went with DC for my alternator, besides the quality of the alternators themselves, was that a friend of mine recently ordered an alternator from your company.

From point of order to having the alternator in his hands, took about 5 days.

Now I completely understand that the alternators need to be hand built, so I was expecting there to be a bit of a time difference.

But for it to be a month later after my order and STILL not have my alternator is just unacceptable.

My name is James Leroy and my order number is 1200000402

Can SOMEONE please tell me when I can expect to have the alternator in my hands? I don't believe that's too much to ask at this point.

:L Urgh, I was planning on purchasing an alt next month from DC for my 1997 honda civic HB.. they said usually ships out 48hrs I thought?.. well at least if you pick one of the "3" on the site.. Now im nervous to order from DC.. I really wanted one next month but this makes me nervous Lol.. ( especially since we have the same alt choices as each other.. I was going to order I believe the same one you are speaking of Priced @ $320?.. )

:L Urgh, I was planning on purchasing an alt next month from DC for my 1997 honda civic HB.. they said usually ships out 48hrs I thought?.. well at least if you pick one of the "3" on the site.. Now im nervous to order from DC.. I really wanted one next month but this makes me nervous Lol.. ( especially since we have the same alt choices as each other.. I was going to order I believe the same one you are speaking of Priced @ $320?.. )

Yea, I saw your thread and after they said that it would take 5-7 business days to ship to you, I decided to make my own thread instead of posting in yours

And yes, I ordered the alternator you were thinking of ordering

I just checked a topic I started with them about these alts and they said est. 5-7 days, and He said if housings are in stock maybe even 1-2 bus. days.

BUT... On mine it says he is getting more housings for these alts in on monday the 28th of march ( this monday ) so it sounds like they were temp. out of stock and getting them in monday?..

They informed me of that not this past Friday, but last Friday

Three weeks AFTER I ordered my alternator.

Edited by Aldundra

I guess if I order mine next month, I will make sure to call ahead of time and make sure they have them in stock at that exact time before placing my order, I would prefer the 5-7 days as I know you would have loved as well.

Edited by Jd377

I guess if I order mine next month, I will make sure to call ahead of time and make sure they have them in stock at that exact time before placing my order, I would prefer the 5-7 days as I know you would have loved as well.

That would be a smart thing to do, and I wish i did that, then i would of put off my order until I knew that had the parts in stock

Yeah because $320 is a lot, and I could def. use it for other things until the parts are in stock if I would end up waitin a month anyway.

*What is it cost around with the shipping and tax included on the $320 that you ordered? Do you remember what it end up bein? Just curious because I am literally saving for one at this moment. I got paid today and tryin to figure total exact cost because I want to order mine in the next 1-2 checks if possible to get it in before "summer" So i can use it all summer long an enjoy it.

Yeah because $320 is a lot, and I could def. use it for other things until the parts are in stock if I would end up waitin a month anyway.

*What is it cost around with the shipping and tax included on the $320 that you ordered? Do you remember what it end up bein? Just curious because I am literally saving for one at this moment. I got paid today and tryin to figure total exact cost because I want to order mine in the next 1-2 checks if possible to get it in before "summer" So i can use it all summer long an enjoy it.

It was 344 dollars after shipping to my address, the total will differ slightly for you, depending on if you're closer to them or not.

James, to my knowledge it left last week, but I just checked and sure enough it hasn't. Come to think about it, I know I built this mid-last week and I really want to know where the hell it ended up because I specifically remember building it because I built a 180HP for it.. Your name or paperwork wasn't in my build queue for this weekend but I will get one built tomorrow since they are next up on the list. I finally just got housings for these Friday btw, I went and picked them up actually. I knocked out about 80 units today, and should get about that done tomorrow, and by the end of the week EVERYONE should have their orders..

Stan was relaying info to you that I gave him, and quite honestly I don't remember your name coming up specifically, just we had 2 customers waiting for this alternator. We did get shipped the wrong housings though, which is why I built a 180HP for you last week.. (Kind of aggravated about that now).

Now that we actually have parts to finally able to build alternators, machines to make parts, and are in control of things instead of waiting on other people things will go much, much smoother.. Please understand though, at the volume of business we are doing right now, our vendors can't keep up. And we're talking about companies like GM (cleaned out nationwide on idler pulleys), Denso (cleaned them out worldwide on regulators), Remy, Gates rubber (bought every belt in 2 sizes in the country) etc.. Big companies are big on running "JIT" parts and that just doesn't work for us. If we need it, we need it now, not 3-6 weeks from now!! Trust me, if you guys are waiting on something from us your not waiting on DC Power, (99.999% of the time), you're waiting on these guys..

The last few months have been an absolute pr*ck to run this business because of supplier issues. That said though, within 2 weeks (2 huge orders to clear first, along with all outstanding backorders) our ship times should drop to either same or next day on about 99% of orders. We've finally had big shipments of things (housings, windings etc) coming in, and when they do we build like mad.. It doesn't take us long to build a few hundred units, IF we have the parts to do it... Rob

James, to my knowledge it left last week, but I just checked and sure enough it hasn't. Come to think about it, I know I built this mid-last week and I really want to know where the hell it ended up because I specifically remember building it because I built a 180HP for it.. Your name or paperwork wasn't in my build queue for this weekend but I will get one built tomorrow since they are next up on the list. I finally just got housings for these Friday btw, I went and picked them up actually. I knocked out about 80 units today, and should get about that done tomorrow, and by the end of the week EVERYONE should have their orders..

Stan was relaying info to you that I gave him, and quite honestly I don't remember your name coming up specifically, just we had 2 customers waiting for this alternator. We did get shipped the wrong housings though, which is why I built a 180HP for you last week.. (Kind of aggravated about that now).

Now that we actually have parts to finally able to build alternators, machines to make parts, and are in control of things instead of waiting on other people things will go much, much smoother.. Please understand though, at the volume of business we are doing right now, our vendors can't keep up. And we're talking about companies like GM (cleaned out nationwide on idler pulleys), Denso (cleaned them out worldwide on regulators), Remy, Gates rubber (bought every belt in 2 sizes in the country) etc.. Big companies are big on running "JIT" parts and that just doesn't work for us. If we need it, we need it now, not 3-6 weeks from now!! Trust me, if you guys are waiting on something from us your not waiting on DC Power, (99.999% of the time), you're waiting on these guys..

The last few months have been an absolute pr*ck to run this business because of supplier issues. That said though, within 2 weeks (2 huge orders to clear first, along with all outstanding backorders) our ship times should drop to either same or next day on about 99% of orders. We've finally had big shipments of things (housings, windings etc) coming in, and when they do we build like mad.. It doesn't take us long to build a few hundred units, IF we have the parts to do it... Rob

Party like a rockstar! This means by the time I order mine next month I might be able to get one in 1-2 days shipped out :D that makes a grin come on my face !!!

And yeah OP I live in missouri so my shipping distance is almost half of what it is from cali to nj for you :)

So, I should have the alternator, IN MY HANDS, by the end of THIS COMING WEEK?

I'm stressing this because I was told by stan, on a FEW different occasions, that I would have a tracking number for my alternator in a few days, and it would never come.

I completely understand that waiting on parts to come in slows things down a bit, but you have to understand my point of view on this. You've had my money for over a month now and I have nothing to show for it, anyone can understand my frustration in this instance.

I'm honestly not looking for a refund, because I know you guys make quality products. I just want SOME assurance that I'm going to receive this by the end of this week, I honestly think I deserve at least that much.

I'm stressing this because I was told by stan, on a FEW different occasions, that I would have a tracking number for my alternator in a few days, and it would never come.

I completely understand that waiting on parts to come in slows things down a bit, but you have to understand my point of view on this. You've had my money for over a month now and I have nothing to show for it, anyone can understand my frustration in this instance.

I'm honestly not looking for a refund, because I know you guys make quality products. I just want SOME assurance that I'm going to receive this by the end of this week, I honestly think I deserve at least that much.

Not should, will have your alternator next week..

I completely understand how you feel, believe me.. Remember, I've been in (and still AM in your shoes) as a customer, only difference is you spent $320 for an alternator with us, where we've spent $20-$30k and are still waiting on parts that are weeks/months behind schedule from our vendors.. I wear the exact same shoe bro, we're just higher up the food chain and where your waiting for one *single* item for you, we're waiting for *hundreds* of that one *single* item that may have a hundred people waiting.. Trust me, if anyone feels your pain and knows how you feel, it's me. Frankly, I don't freaking like it not only for myself personally, but In my case it effects multiple people (such as you) and I really, really dont like people waiting when it's a result of me waiting on someone else. It's bad, very, VERY bad for business....

Not should, will have your alternator next week..

I completely understand how you feel, believe me.. Remember, I've been in (and still AM in your shoes) as a customer, only difference is you spent $320 for an alternator with us, where we've spent $20-$30k and are still waiting on parts that are weeks/months behind schedule from our vendors.. I wear the exact same shoe bro, we're just higher up the food chain and where your waiting for one *single* item for you, we're waiting for *hundreds* of that one *single* item that may have a hundred people waiting.. Trust me, if anyone feels your pain and knows how you feel, it's me. Frankly, I don't freaking like it not only for myself personally, but In my case it effects multiple people (such as you) and I really, really dont like people waiting when it's a result of me waiting on someone else. It's bad, very, VERY bad for business....

I completely understand what you're saying, when you're waiting on parts from other manufacturers, that obviously screws up orders for a lot of people who ordered from you guys.

The only reason I made this thread is because I kind of felt like I was given the run-around on the phone, everything that was told to me kept falling through.

It does make me feel a WHOLE lot better that I'm going to be getting my alternator by the end of this week. You should have my email address on file, will I be getting my tracking number sent to that once my alternator ships out?

Also, I'm figuring I should just ask here, will the 210 PRO alternator fit DIRECTLY in my old alternators location? I'm going to have a mechanic swap out my alternators and it's going to cost a bit more if the PRO alternator has to be modded to fit correctly.

Would like to know the answer as well, I'm hoping the 210 is a *direct* fit, and fits perfectly where the stock one is with out any adjustments needed :P

You guys are getting the same bs run around that I did. I delt with it for over 4 months. DC Power should list their products as out of stock until they actually have a functioning working product in their hands to ship. But instead they take your money and make you play the waiting game and expect you to be ok with it.

I agree, I Fully 100% believe in your product, and that is the only reason I am going with you guys.. I have heard horror stories about people getting things from you guys. That being said, The horror stories have always been in recieving the alt. From you guys. BUT they have all LOVED the alt. 100% once they got it finally.. It's just the gettin it part that is horrible i've heard.

Isn't it possible to list on site either "IN stock" or "OUT of stock"??.. I actually believe something as simple as that could help your c/s 10000%. I am actually in the customer service area of the company I work for and I am just trying to help because I know you product is amazing and the BEST you can find.. but if people were more informed accurately of how long they will be waiting it would fix 98% of the problems I have come across.

I honstely bet even if you said "this alt has a 4 week wait" or whatever next to it online, people would still buy it! They just want to know how long the wait is. Noone is happy hearing 1-2weeks and then getting it in 4-8 weeks.

I honestly want the best for your company, Everytime a friend talks about upgrading alts I recommend you guys and only you guys because of the RELIABLITY of the alternator.. I just want you guys to be THE #1 In every area company for alts which includes cs along with the actually product :)

PS this is in no way a bash or anything, I LOVE YOU GUYS!! I am still planning on making a purchase next month when I get the cash! I just want to help you soar above every other company out there.

Edited by Jd377

You guys are getting the same bs run around that I did. I delt with it for over 4 months. DC Power should list their products as out of stock until they actually have a functioning working product in their hands to ship. But instead they take your money and make you play the waiting game and expect you to be ok with it.

BS Eric... You were told exactly what was going on time after time, and when I finally gave you an exact date it would be done, guess what? It was done.. You just pitched a fit the day before, demanded a refund and I GAVE someone else the alt I built for you. Shitty thing is man I bent over BACKWARDS to get that done for you too because of how things went down and how bad you needed it. Too bad for you though man, the XP's for the Hyundai's turned out pretty freaking SICK. You could have had your alt and would have absolutely loved it too... Get over it and move on bro...

Rob, if your suppliers can't keep you stocked with parts, the customer is still waiting on you, not your supplier. You should notify customers of this on your website. Pure and simple. We have seen several instances now where customers are being told one thing time after time, and then one day it's the exact opposite. Now, we don't know all the facts or instances, but there is a trend happening here. For some reason it always take yourself to straighten everything out. Apparently there is a lack of or mis-communication with your associates. You guys seem to have a very good product, I just hope the CS can catch up and does not ruin your reputation.

I understand where your coming from, and unfortunately for us we have (had) too many different suppliers this was happening with and WAY too many things going sideways at the same time as a result. There have been somedays it's been so chaotic around here, we haven't even known wtf is going on. Last week we finally had all of our missing pieces come in and we got the ship back at least sailing straight.. Trust me, if there's one or two things going sideways it's not so bad, but when you get 2,3, or 4 suppliers all at the same time fall apart at the same time you get hammered with orders, thing's go to shit in a hurry. Just to give you an idea of what I have to go through and why thing's go bad, the first 3 months of the year we've shipped a little over 2,000 units (~30 a day). So, on a given day if I have 30 orders to fill if I have 2, 5, or 10 in my production queue that between the time an order was taken (could be that morning, previous day, whatever) and it get's into production we run out of something we have to stop. However, say we normally stock 10 of a given item, reorder point at 2 because that is sufficient for what we do, but, say we get a run on that part (say 10 pieces over 2 days) and we only have 5 on the shelf and I go to order parts and 3 different vendors are out of that part? Sometimes the orders come SO fast that we get oversold. It's not normally an issue on most items because I can get them easily. It's when we get so busy that we clean out multiple vendors so fast they cant keep us in stock.

The bad part is sometimes thing's just happen so fast, we can't avoid certain issues. We are working to fix it though. Kyle is building us an inventory management system, and hopefully within the next 30 days or so everything will be automated and we shouldn't have these issues. Every part will have a barcode, specific location, and mostly automated. We've grown to the point that we can't manage things ourself, there's just too much to manage. It's a good thing, but since we're growing so fast we have to take steps to both manage things better, and make thing's faster.

We know the issues we have had with communication and CS, believe me, we know, we're not blame free. The simple truth though is if we have it, it gets built, but if I can't get parts, I can't build it no matter what I do. For example, if it's an item that's not done and on the shelf but we inventory parts for it, I can have most unit's go from order point (meaning from the time you hang up the phone) to being on the test bench and ready to ship in ~10 minutes. We keep say 95% of our stock in a ready to assemble state so if I get an order for something it's as simple as get BOM, pick, pick, pick, assemble, test. Boom. Done. When I go to pick part's to build something and they're not there, my suppliers are all out of stock, yeah, that's when things go sideways..

Trust me, we're working on these things and now that we have the big pieces (and prime offenders of our problems) in stock, things will go much, much smoother...

I was told numerous, over 10 times atleast, that my alternator was going to be shipped on a given date. So after the fifth or sixth time of being told the same story amd after the promised date came and my alternator was not shipped you expect me to believe you?

Yes I am thoroughly disappointed with your company. Especially after PATIENTLY waiting 4 months for your product and then finally asking for a refund and you say "well guess what, now I have your alternator and you are not getting it". That's a good way to piss a customer off.

I am very loyal to companies that offer an excellent product and customer service. I am also loyal to companies that FAIL miserably at delivery a good product and that can not offer minimal customer support. You know where yours stands.

I speak highly of those companies that deserve it and I will speak on my behalf of those that I have had a bad experience with. So no I am not "over it".

I was told numerous, over 10 times atleast, that my alternator was going to be shipped on a given date. So after the fifth or sixth time of being told the same story amd after the promised date came and my alternator was not shipped you expect me to believe you?

Correction, you were given dates that my SUPPLIER gave me that he promised he would deliver parts, I never ONCE until the very last time I gave you a date did I ever give you a ship date. Get your story straight...

Yes I am thoroughly disappointed with your company. Especially after PATIENTLY waiting 4 months for your product and then finally asking for a refund and you say "well guess what, now I have your alternator and you are not getting it". That's a good way to piss a customer off.

I have the 2008 Hyundai Elantra. Remember....you sold me an alt that would 100% without a doubt fit my car. Then I go to install it and the mounting configuration is wrong! Wtf. So now +4 months later I still havd no alt.

I am slowly killing my $450 XS Power batteries and factory 90 amp. I ordered a $215 battery charger from XS Powrer yesterday, thanks DC Power now you are costing me money for the wait. WTF. Where is my alt that I spent hundreds of dollars on last year!!!!!!!!

And now Robbie you have enough time to check online forums but can't call me back! I left 5 messages and called over 10 times with no answer!!!

I am finished with the excuses and bs. I WANT A FULL REFUND IMMEDIATELY!!!

I WANT A FULL REFUND IMMEDIATELY!!

Ring a bell Eric?? You DEMANDED a refund, well guess what, I DID WHAT YOU ASKED and did it the second you asked for it. So if it pissed you off, be mad at yourself bro cuz I only gave you what you asked, (correction DEMANDED) for. I also gave you the option multiple times in that time period of a refund, which you also declined.. GET OVER IT!

While everyone else is asking questions... ill. O ahead and post here instead of yet another thread.

Do you have everything to do a 270xp for my 94 Camry v6 with the 1mz.? When can I order and have it soon after that?

Thanks.

Thank you for exploiting my comments.

I have not shared any information from my dealings with DC Power that have not been factual. Kyle offered me a refund in December of 2010 or wait till mid January 2011 for my.alternator. I choose to wait till January for my alternator....

There really isn't anything for me to quarrel with you about. I no longer want a DC Power alternator now nor will I in the future. But I will share my experience dealing with DC Power to others

While everyone else is asking questions... ill. O ahead and post here instead of yet another thread.

Do you have everything to do a 270xp for my 94 Camry v6 with the 1mz.? When can I order and have it soon after that?

Thanks.

You'd be better off just making a new thread for your question, you'll get an answer quicker