Aldundra

1 month later and I still don't have my alternator.....

Man, i could only imagine if more companies had online forums.

Rob i just look at it this way, ur bending over backwards after you have explained the situation.

People still complain.

Which means everyone is going to expect the same if the situation arises again.

and there still going to complain

In the end man i dont see the money being worth the headache from some people.

:popcorn:

runforrest.gif

DSCN2731.jpg

Finally got my alternator!!

Now I just gotta get this bish installed.

quick question though, isnt this supposed to come with a "birth" sheet? To show what is does on your test bench? Because there wasn't one in the box

Edited by Aldundra

Congrats man!!!!! Enjoy modo powa!!

quick question though, isnt this supposed to come with a "birth" sheet? To show what is does on your test bench? Because there wasn't one in the box

normally yes, but I don't have a profile saved yet for that model so it won't *print* the output curve. I do have a pic of it on my phone, pm me your emaill addy and I will email it to you.. Thanks again, Rob

That is so sexy!! Congrats on finally gettin your baby!!

I might get to order mine next friday :) hopefully my check is big enough!!

good stuff bro.. make sure you install that ish soon... We want to know how it works out ... BAM!

I thought all your alts had a custom machined drive end?

normally yes, but I don't have a profile saved yet for that model so it won't *print* the output curve. I do have a pic of it on my phone, pm me your emaill addy and I will email it to you.. Thanks again, Rob

Pmed you my email address, whenever you can send me that picture, please do.

I'd love to see what this alternator will do

Another bump

Got the alternator installed, ran into one issue, because the pulley is so much smaller on this alternator, i have the alternator belt adjusted to go as tight as it can go, and there is still enough slack in the belt to squeal every now and again.

You should give people a heads up that you should run a smaller sized belt with your alternators

Also, I'm still waiting on that picture of the "birth" sheet for my alternator

Other than that, the alternator is working well, all my voltage drop is GONE! :fing34:

As far as I know... Most HO alts have smaller pulleys. I have a brand new gatorback waiting for my alt. What equipment are you running?

As far as I know... Most HO alts have smaller pulleys. I have a brand new gatorback waiting for my alt. What equipment are you running?

I know h/o alternators run smaller pulleys, but I was under the assumption that you can still run the stock alternator belt with them. The squealing and squeaking is getting to the point where this weekend I have to get the stock belt swapped out for a smaller one.

I'm running a small eclipse 4ch for my door speakers and I got a DC 2k on my sub, it's a custom 12'in. Also got a C&D Tech Ups-12 490 in the trunk as well.

We can always run bigger pulleys on our alternators and still have good idle output, however most stereo Junkies want the extra idle output. Replacing the belt is the best option however I can see what I can do if you want a bigger pulley... let me know.

We can always run bigger pulleys on our alternators and still have good idle output, however most stereo Junkies want the extra idle output. Replacing the belt is the best option however I can see what I can do if you want a bigger pulley... let me know.

Nah, it's all good, swapping out the belts is the easiest thing for me to do, I was just looking for a heads up that swapping the belts was something I was gonna have to do.

Some people don't really need to. It's dependent on the vehicle, belt, and how long it's been in use... for example, im still using my stock belt on mine..

Some people don't really need to. It's dependent on the vehicle, belt, and how long it's been in use... for example, im still using my stock belt on mine..

Guess I just got unlucky, every time I start the car in the morning, I just hear a loud screech for a good 10 seconds, so keeping the stock belt is not an option for me

With a 2" pulley, your not dropping too much in pulley diameter and we really haven't ever had anyone have this problem (that we've heard).. The whole point in running a 2" pulley on that car is to A) get better belt wrap, and B) avoid belt changes.. I must have deleted the pic I took of your alt on my way home last week, got kind of angry sitting in traffic and was deleting pics.. I know it ran 214 on the top and did ~115 or so at idle though. Next time I run one I'll make sure i take a pic for you though, and I guarantee you it will be within .5-1% of what you have..

if you need any help with a belt, please let us know.. Rob

With a 2" pulley, your not dropping too much in pulley diameter and we really haven't ever had anyone have this problem (that we've heard).. The whole point in running a 2" pulley on that car is to A) get better belt wrap, and B) avoid belt changes.. I must have deleted the pic I took of your alt on my way home last week, got kind of angry sitting in traffic and was deleting pics.. I know it ran 214 on the top and did ~115 or so at idle though. Next time I run one I'll make sure i take a pic for you though, and I guarantee you it will be within .5-1% of what you have..

if you need any help with a belt, please let us know.. Rob

I'm actually leaving in an hour or so to get my stock belt changed out for a smaller one I bought.

If it fixes the problem I'll post it up here, otherwise I might need your help after all

I also had to buy a different belt for my 1997 Honda Accord SE. So i know how you feel. Sorry to bump a old thread

Did you ever get your slipping resolved?? I have 2 alternators in here now, I see where the confusion came from.. One of these years had a 2.25" stock pulley, the other is 2.64".. going from 2.25" to 2" is no problem at all, going from 2.64" to 2", forget it.. I'll double check our BOM's and make sure we have everything correct and make a new one and generate a new part number for the one with the 2.64" pulley..

The belt I grabbed was too small, so i have the next size up but I have yet to install that.

For some reason, the cold seemed to have an effect on the belt, when I first got the alt in, my belt would squeal all day erry day, but now, I can beat on my system and I'll only get a squeal every now and again.

How ever, it IS still squealing, so I do eventually have to swap my stock belt out

Edited by Aldundra