An-i-no

F**K Monoprice RCA's.

TO EVERYONE!!!: I never said the RCA was bad. I never said I didn't like the snug fit, or the cable itself. They are damn good cables, as far as noise is concerned. I tried to twist and ease it off but it was a no go. So I pulled? Oops? The only reason I'm replacing the cables is so that I don't have to worry about this in the future.

I must call bullshit on this entire thread. The piece coming off wasn't the RCA's fault in the least.

And on the "All RCA's are the same" part, come on, really? I have PERSONALLY taken some junk ass Wal-Mart RCA's out that had interference, and replaced them with a good set of Stinger Pro's that did NOT have the same issue. With the wire in the EXACT same location.

LOL. It couldn't have been anything else right?

No, it could have been. But that is the best example I have. As NOTHING else was changed.

I am certain they use better materials in higher end RCA's as well.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the important part of RCAs are all going to be made from copper, lead/tin solder, and brass or gold for the connector. Besides that some rubber, composite or plastic casing.

And to the guy who calls bullshit on my thread, uhmmm....? The rca connector was tight, I pulled on it and the rca jack came off with it? I didn't yank or pull it from the cord if that's what you're saying? This wasn't meant to be a "everybody talk about Monoprice" thread, I was just EXTREMELY frustrated that this happened. Spending money on unnecessary things is hard on minimum wage.

And to the guy who calls bullshit on my thread, uhmmm....? The rca connector was tight, I pulled on it and the rca jack came off with it? I didn't yank or pull it from the cord if that's what you're saying? This wasn't meant to be a "everybody talk about Monoprice" thread, I was just EXTREMELY frustrated that this happened. Spending money on unnecessary things is hard on minimum wage.

LOL,

I think he was calling BS on us saying there is no real difference in RCA's not on you personally.

Sorry to take over your thread Bro. I hope you get something worked out and dont have anymore trouble.

:fing34:

I had that happen with some KNU rcas, like my monoprice rcas a lot better than those.

As for the looks. Monoprice>knu :drink40:

Sorry about your troubles, OP.

The same thing happened with my Sundown SAX-100.4 and some high end JL RCA's. Should just pop back in.

The same thing happened with my Sundown SAX-100.4 and some high end JL RCA's. Should just pop back in.

I haven't tried that. I can't actually, because the damn jack is stuck in the RCA end and I'd have to cut it up to free it. Might try that in the morning.

UPDATE: I had to pry off one of the tabs to free the rca end. Unfortunately this bent it but nothin a lil heat and pressure coudln't fix. Then, shortly after, I unplugged another one of the rca's (100000x more carefully than last time, I twisted, tugged, everything) and it took that one off too. I love these cables but damn man.

OH, and sorry I forgot to take pics because I was so glad to have everything back running. But everything is all good now.

Glad to hear it. :fing34:

I have a 25' monoprice RCA and it is hella stiff but it is really nice quality stuff.

I have a 25' monoprice RCA and it is hella stiff but it is really nice quality stuff.

You have the same as me lol. They are stiff, but a couple of hot days in the car will make em a lil more freindly. They'll loosen up with time and use.

In car audio...you get what you pay for!!! (most of the time)

Sorry bro but that's totally wrong. Ever priced an 8" W7? Yeah, nuff said.

OP: Sucks man, but I wouldn't have put the title as F**K Monoprice RCA's. I love my MP cables of every kind, very well made quality wires for CHEAP. We understand your problem but it wasn't MP's fault. Just saying.

Figured some j-wad would say this!! Hahaha

wasn't meaning the more you pay the better you get... If its cheap and looks cheap well then it's probably cheap!!

You can keep ur monoshit RCAs, as I will keep my stinger lvl 3...... :-)

wasn't meaning the more you pay the better you get... If its cheap and looks cheap well then it's probably cheap!!

Monoprice rca's are perfectly fine.

All this talk about RCAs, has me wondering... What's an RCA?

:D

Why pay more than needed for shit that does the same thing with the same quality?

Would you rather pay 50,000 dollars for a ford f-150 or 5,000 dollars for a yugo f-5-10? Same truck on the inside, assembled just as well, just as durable, but no name brand or 'fancy looks' on the shit nobody sees?

Get my point kid?

J

Damn mang. Did NOT mean to start this ish...

Anyways figured I might as well update. These Knu's are ballin. The jacket is way more flexible but duhhh. They'll be easier to run and most importantly won't break mah stuffzz. Oh and having one 2 channel and one 4 channel is another plus. That is all. They both do the same damn thing, but the Knu's fit my application better

If you've ever seen the first Men in Black, running the Monoprice rca's (keep in mind I had 3 25ft ones.) was like the baby squid scene....

hey superman don't pull so hard! LMAO lol JK sorry to hear about your misfortune!

Don't get pissed at a company using good quality stuff.

And don't get pissed that you wasted a fourth of how much other RCA's cost.