An-i-no

F**K Monoprice RCA's.

So yeah...the RCA was being stubborn so I was givin it a firm pull and *POP*, the RCA jack came right off the amp.

I'm pissed beyond belief right now, and ordering Knu RCA's as we speak. Pics to come soon.

You get what you pay for.

Hell yeah. I hate re-buying stuff. Just money that could've gone somewhere else.

Hell yeah. I hate re-buying stuff. Just money that could've gone somewhere else.

That's why you get good stuff from the beginning.

That's why you get good stuff from the beginning.

The cable itself if far from bad. just the plug is tight as hell. They were so cheap that if I tried to return them I'd lose money by paying for shipping. :suicide-santa:

Edited by An-i-no

I just loosened them up a little bit before I used them, but I've had them piss me off before lol. That sucks, hope you get it resolved soon.

Well that sux balls, I use their speaker wire and had nothing but good results so far. They might ship you out a new one if you email them and tell them what happened. :ughdunno:

I'm not sure why people skimp on buying decent RCA's.

I know people who spent 2grand in amps and using 4 dollar RCA's.

I'll stick to my Knu, they don't cost that much more.

The irony.......

Uh, I remember a time when knu RCAs were kinda not recommended for some sundown amps because of the connectors on those RCAs. :ehh:

Sorry that I don't agree with you get what you pay for ALL the time. But I have had no problems with my monoprice stuff. I got Ethernet, RCA, and HDMI wiring through the house and car and have had no problems.

But I feel ya about the problem though. I hate problems... Have you tried to talk to them, they may send you a different set free.

You gain 0 by spending more.

I actually like the ones I just got from them, nice and thick case with a tight fit on the rca. That said I have not had them playing, but will next weekend and I will give a review when I do.

OP: sorry about your trouble, but I happen to like that they fit really snug.

You gain 0 by spending more.

I actually like the ones I just got from them, nice and thick case with a tight fit on the rca. That said I have not had them playing, but will next weekend and I will give a review when I do.

Wrong.

Knu's are purdy. So that's one.

Also, I haven't heard anything about Knu and Sundown... I thought it was Memphis, and only when used in strapping? Also, I think Sundown had the propblem fixed regardless.

I've used my Knu with 3 different 1500ds, one being the first batch. And didn't have any problems.

If it pulled off the connector then you pulled from the wrong spot. Had you grabbed the connector like you are supposed to it wouldn't have happened. I have over 3000' of monoprice wire in my house and have nothing negatice to say about.

You should have twisted the rca connector instead of just yanking on them...user error, I'm sorry. My monoprice rca's are great and just need to be loosened by twisting from left to right then pulling them off the connector.

You gain 0 by spending more. I actually like the ones I just got from them, nice and thick case with a tight fit on the rca. That said I have not had them playing, but will next weekend and I will give a review when I do.

X87675645345635856786978786786567...

When you buy a RCA cable you are only paying for the looks and fit. Thats is all. The end. User error is why you had problems, not the cable itself.

Edited by diablo

A tight RCA connector ain't a bad thing in my book.

I use an angled needle nose to disconnect my RCA leads. This way no pressure is on the connector to wire connection.

I would assume that any RCA connector can be separated from it's lead with enough force.

You gain 0 by spending more. I actually like the ones I just got from them, nice and thick case with a tight fit on the rca. That said I have not had them playing, but will next weekend and I will give a review when I do.

X87675645345635856786978786786567...

When you buy a RCA cable you are only paying for the looks and fit. Thats is all. The end. User error is why you had problems, not the cable itself.

Some brands, you might be buying a warranty also and durability. You won't hear audible gains from one cable to another. Lifetime guarantee covers a lot but that doesn't justify spending stupid amounts of money on audio interconnects

I must call bullshit on this entire thread. The piece coming off wasn't the RCA's fault in the least.

And on the "All RCA's are the same" part, come on, really? I have PERSONALLY taken some junk ass Wal-Mart RCA's out that had interference, and replaced them with a good set of Stinger Pro's that did NOT have the same issue. With the wire in the EXACT same location.

I must call bullshit on this entire thread. The piece coming off wasn't the RCA's fault in the least.

And on the "All RCA's are the same" part, come on, really? I have PERSONALLY taken some junk ass Wal-Mart RCA's out that had interference, and replaced them with a good set of Stinger Pro's that did NOT have the same issue. With the wire in the EXACT same location.

LOL. It couldn't have been anything else right?

LOL. It couldn't have been anything else right?

No, it could have been. But that is the best example I have. As NOTHING else was changed.

I am certain they use better materials in higher end RCA's as well.

I don't know about whatever almart rca you got but I replaced my kicker twisted rca with my monoprice rca and had no difference in sound but gained a stronger jacket and was cheaper. The kicker rca actually ripped inside the jacket somehow and I didn't know what was wrong with my system because it was not visible without a fine close up look down.

Maybe the your walmart RCA was faulty or didn't have a strong connection somewhere.

I don't know about whatever almart rca you got but I replaced my kicker twisted rca with my monoprice rca and had no difference in sound but gained a stronger jacket and was cheaper. The kicker rca actually ripped inside the jacket somehow and I didn't know what was wrong with my system because it was not visible without a fine close up look down.

Maybe the your walmart RCA was faulty or didn't have a strong connection somewhere.

I was actually going to say the same thing but it sounded like bullshit since he mentioned Stinger. I changed a set of Stinger RCA's with a cheapo set because I had noise. The noise went away, know why? Once i got it out and looked it over the Stinger cable had been pinched.

Picture for comparison: Monoprice vs Memphis. Way more beef to the monoprice to avoid what happened above.

img00082201103251603609.jpg

I'm not saying one brand is better then another, simply saying they all can't be the same. It's impossible.

I can't use thick ass RCA's, I have ALOT of channels running to the rear to support my two 4-Channels and bass amps.