Sign in to follow this  
tysonm

Which speakers for Mazda 3

I just bought a 2011 Mazda 3 sedan and already bought a Pioneer avh-3200bt along with everything that it needs to get hooked up (I hope), haha guess i'll find out when I hook it up. Now I am looking for speakers.

My last system had two 6.5" Polk Audio DB651s, and two Infiniti reference 9623i 6x9's which were just powered by the HU and they sounded good to me, but now I want to get speakers that will get very loud and stay crisp. I already have a 12" RD Alpha V.2 sub which will be powered @ 1500rms so bass isn't a concern with the speakers. I know there is lots of different reviews on speakers so I am hoping that I can get some opinions from people off of here that can help me decide which 6.5" would work best for me.

I listen to all types of music, but my favorite types of music are metal, alternative, rap, and techno. I am planning on amping my speakers (never done this before) and I don't know if I should just get two speakers and amp them or get 4 and amp all 4. Which would sound better in a sedan? and which speakers do you like the best that are under/around $300, I don't want to be cheap but the more money I have in my pocket at the end the better :fing34: and that price is just for the speakers not including the amp. Not sure what is a good price on an amp for speakers.

:thanx:

Edited by Crash

Oh and another important thing that I forgot to mention is that I have 3.8" mounting depth

Are you looking for coaxials or a component set? I would just buy something nice for a front stage and leave the rears out. You should have no trouble finding a great set with that budget. You could buy a nice amp and speakers with that budget (or even less).

I have Hertz hsk components and love them.

Also, if you are looking for a amp, I have a Rockford Fosgate 400x4. PM me if ur interested.

Good luck man.

Edited by swagger_wagon468

I am not sure between coaxial and component, I haven't ever heard any component systems.

I have always wanted to try hertz plus they usually get very good reviews so I wouldn't mind buying some hertz if that is what you guys think will satisfy my ears :) haha as long as I can turn it up loud and have the speakers still playing crystal clear and being able to hear over a subwoofer then my goal will be accomplished!

I was reading some reviews on the Hertz esk and there are some good reviews and some negative ones saying that they "fall apart" at high volumes. I also read that the Pioneer 720prs are very nice solid drivers as well as the alpine type x pro's. Anyone have personal experience with both of these and which did you like better and why? Also where could I buy the speakers from at the cheapest price new?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12224_Pioneer-TS-D1720C.html

Pioneer awesomeness, great for the money.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_15059_Polk-Audio-MM6501.html

If you liked Polk before, You could try these.

http://www.vertexaudio.com/store/pc/CDT-Audio-COM-626-COX-622-Front-Rear-Package-65p174.htm

If you're set on having rears, this would be good.

And Hertz HSK and ESK sets can be found on Ebay. Just do a little shopping.

I've listened to everything but the ESK and CDT. I'd personally go for the Pioneer's as I liked their sound the best. The Polk's had a little easier tweeter but less midbass than the Pioneer. The Hertz are alot louder and slightly clearer than both the Polk and Pioneer but I had those on a stronger amp. They also had slightly less midbass than the Pioneer. More than the Polk though. But that could've been how I had them eq'd so ignore that nvm.

Edited by An-i-no

Those pioneers are 6.75", I know that 6.5" will work in my door, but will 6.75" still fit in my doors?

Those pioneers are 6.75", I know that 6.5" will work in my door, but will 6.75" still fit in my doors?

They come with a 6x8 Adapter. :fing34:

what amp would be best for the pioneers? Also could these take more than 60rms without distorting or having any other problems? that doesn't seem like a lot for components.

dont worry so much about power. a decent 100x2 rms 2 channel amp will be fine. on the cheap side you can find a used or refurbed kicker 250.2 or something similar. sundown makes some great amps, 125.2 would be awesome.

something that hasn't been mentioned but very important is install and deadening. check out sounddeadenershowdown.com

Not trying to thread jack buuuut..

I recently got my Z31 300ZX N/A running!

And I also need new speakers and I'm looking for a decent set of 6.5" Component sets, I saw some on woofersetc made by RF or Alpine for about 80$.

Any other input? I'm going to browse the SSA store in a few moments.

Edit: It's being power by a Alpine CDA-9887 H/U.

Edited by ManRossDamn

what amp would be best for the pioneers? Also could these take more than 60rms without distorting or having any other problems? that doesn't seem like a lot for components.

Oh hecks yes. Most component sets will say "60wrms" or "80wrms" when you can actually give them say 90, 100, even 120wrms. Just know to back off if they start to strain.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_16644_Pioneer-GM-5400T.html

This would be perfect if you plan on only amping the fronts and like for your stuff to match.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22382_Pioneer-GM-D9500F.html

This one would work if you want to amp all four speakers, or want to bridge the rear channels for a sub. Just do a little bit of shopping. Sundown is always a nice choice, but there are other brands that will get the job done just as nicely.

I have never used Pioneers amps, do they put out there manufacturer rms wattages, and do there amps have long life? I am asking, because I am interested in buying the Pioneer GM-D9500F.

Also, if I buy those Pioneer 720PRS speakers, could I put both the crossovers under one of my seats or are they recommended to be closer to the speakers? Like I said, I haven't ever used components or even heard them before.

I have never used Pioneers amps, do they put out there manufacturer rms wattages, and do there amps have long life? I am asking, because I am interested in buying the Pioneer GM-D9500F.

Also, if I buy those Pioneer 720PRS speakers, could I put both the crossovers under one of my seats or are they recommended to be closer to the speakers? Like I said, I haven't ever used components or even heard them before.

I've never used that amp in particular but I have/had an older pioneer amp and besides running a little hot it never gave me trouble. (My dad gave it to me and he had been using it since 2006. I replaced it a month ago.) The fuse rating is up to par so I see no reason why it wouldn't put out rated power. The crossover you can put anywhere as long as you wire it correctly. One for the left and one for the right (if thats what you were asking? kinda confused.)

What size of wire would you use for the pioneer speakers? just 12-14gauge?

I used 12 for my doors and it was hell in a microwave. Use 16. Don't worry about it not being big enough. It'll do exactly what you need it to and be WAAAAAY easier to run under carpets and through holes.

Also, no problem. I like to give people a hand where I had trouble.