Leon Tan

Which is louder? Fi BL 15? JL w713? RF T2 15?

my friend has a RF T2 15 2010 model, and my other friend has a JL w7 13, and im going to be a proud owner of the FI BL 15 fully loaded... we were wondering which would be a good quality all around sounding woofer? i prefur FI but i would like to get more opinions on this topic...

depends, if you get a VR3 amp on the RF sub and free air it through the backseat it wins

if you get a HiFon for the dubseven and quasi-8th order BP it it wins

and if you SAZ the Fi vented @33Hz it stomps them all

Would be dependent on enclosure

if i had to choose, i'd go with the w7..love those subs

Edited by eggyhustles

They are all good quality

So many different variables in determining which one is louder. Enclosure, port area, port tuning, your vehicle, the power, your electrical system, cone area.

I've heard that the w7 is more built towards a sound quality based driver, the BL is more just being loud. Both are great subs no doubt, but for me, it would depend on the price your getting for that w7. I could do 2 Bl 15's for the price of the 13w7 at the local shop and still have some left over.

Up to you, your sub, your car, your music preferences.

The 15BL will beet them all as long as you have a proper built ported enclosure and a good amp like a sundown SAZ 1500d or an AQ amp.

The fart box will be the loudest. The driver makes a difference, but the enclosure will decide the answer to your question.

depends, if you get a VR3 amp on the RF sub and free air it through the backseat it wins

:WTFBubble:

your face.

lollll

Type R.

the sony xplod 12" from walmart in a scosche "assemble the panels yourself" prefab sealed enclosure on a pyle amp will stomp them all.

the sony xplod 12" from walmart in a scosche "assemble the panels yourself" prefab sealed enclosure on a pyle amp will stomp them all.

^^this.... :peepwall:

:WTFBubble:

and here I thought the oozing sarcasm was painfully obviouse...

but OK... 3 very capeable subs, completely application dependant. Any subwoofer used within its limits can be EQed flat, alll three subs could get very loud with the right setup, give any of them a bad amp box and vehicle they could all very easily suck...

better yet, let me install any of the thee and youd swear against any of the three

if they were all tuned right, and played diffrent tones or songs on each sub, the bl will proboly be the loudest...

JL w7 is build more on the SQ side, iv had one its a very impressive driver, but it just dont have the output/loudness factor the BL would have, as for SQ the JL and BL would be pretty close, depends on the enclosure and tuning of it.

as for that sony explod LMFAO

People turning this place into ca . com.... I'd roll with the BL, I've never been impressed by Rockford Subs and finding a new W7 at the same price as a BL seems unrealistic. Also, if you ever blow the W7, the recone is insanely expensive, a recone would be much cheaper for the BL. Also, when you order from Fi, you get top notch customer service and they'll deal with you personally.. I don't think the owners of JL are directly helping out their customers.

as for SQ the JL and BL would be pretty close, depends on the enclosure and tuning of it.

No the hell they wouldn't

All install dependant! The JL Audio W7 should not be mentioned in the same sentence with SPL, not what it was designed to do.

The BL in a properly aligned ported enclosure will have the capability to be the loudest. But it comes down to install and vehichle acoustics can play into this as well.

as for SQ the JL and BL would be pretty close, depends on the enclosure and tuning of it.

No the hell they wouldn't

i dont know, iv heard some pretty damn good SQ from the BL line of drivers, but then again it all falls back upon, your build, enclosure, and what you tune it toward.....

I use to own a w7... And holy crap, If you have a good box.. That thing is the Cleanest sounding sub I have heard to date!

The w7 is by far IMO the cleanest sub out of the 3 for SQ.. I have a fi now and the w7 was wayyyy better at SQ. I'm not sure about "loudness" I would suspect they would be very close overall if they were both placed in perfect enclosures with the right amp.

But still sq=w7.. But for the price.. get 2 bl's :) I had JL and I even agree they are very overpriced. They do sound AMAZING but still.. compared to their competition.. go with ssa-sundown-fi :)

I loved my single 12" W7 with the H.O. vented box and the jL 1000/1 amp made about 142 db and sounded great so i have nothing bad to say about the W7

Now i have 4 FI BTL N2 15"s with two sundown 4500's and 6 14v batts etc.. :morepower1:

You should be very pleased with your purchase. :fing34: