edouble101

New Crescendo amps FTMFW!!!!!!!

Sorry but I have personally had experience with several setups that all involved sundown amp problems.

they are too protection happy.

Can't have that in the lanes..

If the price of Crescendo scares people.. then why aren't you sundown guys running Critical Mass?

The way the point was put, if it's cheaper in price, then it must not be as as good.. that was funny.

Now i know a couple of guys that have never had problems either.

But from me being in the comp scene.. there are other amps that stand a lot stronger and stay on.

x100000

Rather my amp go into protect than not and blow something. :ughdunno:

In the lanes though....

I don't care where i am. Still would rather it go into protect than break something.

Sorry but I have personally had experience with several setups that all involved sundown amp problems.

If the price of Crescendo scares people.. then why aren't you sundown guys running Critical Mass?

The way the point was put, if it's cheaper in price, then it must not be as as good.. that was funny.

But from me being in the comp scene.. there are other amps that stand a lot stronger and stay on.

x100000

In the lanes though....

I don't care where i am. Still would rather it go into protect than break something.

I meant that it COULD be a disadvantage in some cases. An engine that bogs when you're on it too hard is a plus for inexperienced drivers but a con for ppl at the dragstrip...if you get me.

x100000

In the lanes though....

I meant that it COULD be a disadvantage in some cases. An engine that bogs when you're on it too hard is a plus for inexperienced drivers but a con for ppl at the dragstrip...if you get me.

In a way, yeah. We could take this further, but i feel we are too far off topic. I'll leave with the same thoughts though. I don't like breaking stuff. :)

x100000

In the lanes though....

Knowing that nothing is going to break and the amp still go into protect in the lane is a fail in my eyes.

I still win though and still am apart of Team Sundow and i'm still happy :)

Crescendo just called really nice guy ftw, set up payment on paypal, which is pending since I am $36 short (paycheck has not gone through,should be in before 12). Payment was $588.49 USD shipped to Florida if anyone cares..I will post pics when ever it ships, he said 16 days they will be receiving them I believe. :fing34:

Crescendo just called really nice guy ftw, set up payment on paypal, which is pending since I am $36 short (paycheck has not gone through,should be in before 12). Payment was $588.49 USD shipped to Florida if anyone cares..I will post pics when ever it ships, he said 16 days they will be receiving them I believe. :fing34:

Good to hear. How solid is that date, did he say?

Not sure, he said it pretty straight forward no mubbles or guessing, but hopefully it is at my door in 3 weeks ;) or else.

Not sure, he said it pretty straight forward no mubbles or guessing, but hopefully it is at my door in 3 weeks ;) or else.

I am in the same boat. Luckily they let me switch orders.

x100000

In the lanes though....

You are misunderstanding my point.

I'm not suggesting other amps are too loose on protection, i'm saying SA's are TOO sensitive based on several i've messed with in installs.

An amp shouldnt go in protect because of a heavy clipped signal or because strapping them causes instability.. (3 users vehicles have had problems strapping 2000, 1500 and 4500)

Direct amp swaps solves the problems in testing... Even the oh so called low end amps, Audiopipe doesn't have this problem.

The point is a dirty signal or just plain strapping isn't going to damage the amp.. just too sensitive.

I gave up when i witnessed a pair of 1500s strapped go in protect when NOTHING was even playing, hu was on pause...

Voltage was checked immediately, over 13v at the amp's terminals and then shut vehicle off, tested DCR= 0.9 ohms strapped.

That is still safe operation for these amps. Turned the vehicle back on and played fine.. didnt go back in protect..

Just random stuff i've witnessed...

Hank with the 48 10s had his amps all go in protect at Carl Casper because he turned it up to loud?

That isn't acceptable in this hobby..

Really what does Sundown and other amp brands have to do with the release of the new Crescendo amplifiers?

I'm sure everyone can go and describe problems with every brand out there. It comes down to install and knowing what your doing.

The most notorious failures I have seen over the last couple years have come from AQ amps.

Really what does Sundown and other amp brands have to do with the release of the new Crescendo amplifiers?

I'm sure everyone can go and describe problems with every brand out there. It comes down to install and knowing what your doing.

The most notorious failures I have seen over the last couple years have come from AQ amps.

x2 for first and second lines. And Crescendo told me that the pre-order has been extended until Monday the 25th.

From what I been told they should be here before may 5th then give them the next week to kick orders out. :captain:

Edited by crunkjuice1

I know there is a straight on view somewhere of the initial renderings made before production, but is a 3/4 view....

And this is the DC........

Not very similar.

Please read the post before this.

I said from the picture I first saw it looked similar, but it was a poor quality picture.

Also, only reason I'm trying to say they are similar is because of people saying Crescendo is to cheap. But yet its very similar to DC's amps(there are a lot of DC nuthuggers, who swear DC is the best).

Not trying to say Crescendo copied or anything.

I'm not really a DC Fan, but you say this in like 66% of your posts. Makes you seem mad hater-ish. Someone could just as easily come over here from SMD and say everyone here are SSA nuthuggers or Fi Nuthuggers but duh. This is the SSA FORUM. DC is a sponsor over there so naturally all the DC fans go over there. I'm just sayin...

Anyway, I need a 150x4 dammit! Me likey for my shiz to match....

If I need to say something about DC, I'm not going to hold back or any company for that matter.

Now if I being up DC or whatever randomly, sure. I could see your point. But in this thread? No. As these amps are similar, and need to be pointed out so people don't go pay a great deal more for very similar.

And if you was ever on that other forum, you would see what I'm and the others are saying. Nut hugging is one thing, but they are getting pushy with sales.

You don't see any sales man over here... Sure, they're on here, but they don't push their product and push their product and push their product over everything else. Instead of letting the customer come to their on conclusion.

I'm just saying.

Because here, there are business ethics and standards, not to mention they would be banned so fast their neighbors dog will pee in the kitchen and hide under the table.

An amp shouldnt go in protect because of a heavy clipped signal

Really ? That is pretty silly to say.

When should it go into protect?

LOL.

I don't see the argument of having a good protect circuits is a bad thing, even in the lanes. Just because it goes into protect with you, doesn't mean its totally useless to everybody else.

LOL.

I don't see the argument of having a good protect circuits is a bad thing, even in the lanes. Just because it goes into protect with you, doesn't mean its totally useless to everybody else.

Agreed, this is the first negative thing about a sundown I have heard, except for their price. :lol2:

Edited by reelfish92

<<<<<<someone just place an order for a 2K model!!!! Nothing left to do but wait. oh and it was 247.99 shipped to the house. If you are in the market or even think you might want to be in the market for a amp you can not pass this deal up.

Edited by 144dbFiBl15

<<<<<<someone just place an order for a 2K model!!!! Nothing left to do but wait. oh and it was 247.99 shipped to the house. If you are in the market or even think you might want to be in the market for a amp you can not pass this deal up.

That's a freaking steal !

I have high hopes for these amps, you did get a steal for the BC2k, My invoice for the 3500 was $580 something shipped w/ Florida 7% tax, still in my head was a good deal =]

2K under $250 is a great deal, I need to get some duckets together and order already.

Are these still on their pre-order pricing? I didn't catch it to see what the deadline was.

5500 was $850 shipped. Last I hear there supposed to be in on the 6th and shipping out on the 7th

LOL.

Don't change what I'm implying or saying...

I do not own sundown monoblock amps, I was speaking on behalf of many users that own them that have all had the issue.

I was not involved with any of the installs so do not think I have anything to do with it.

STOP THE PRESS!!!! sorry guys it was 274.99 not 247.99 typo....just dont want to mislead anybody....