Infinite913

2001 Chevy Astro....Custom Install!

it might not be the VAN but damn it shes just so darn CUTE! she claims not tired.

Nice numbers for sure. :drink40:

Nice numbers for sure. :drink40:

honestly OHJAY I am not happy with the numbers! I mean they were better before and I hope I can get back to what they were but it was fun for sure!

take that poor kid to bed!!!

today was a fun day and very impressed by how loud and clear the speakers are. its very impressive to say the least

Oh I see how it is don't invite the black guy once all the work was done... lol

the black guy is the one who has been too busy to chill haha... i got the text after he asked me about the cards. i work out by him so it was simple

box now tuned to 29.5hz but peaking higher and lowered scored WEIRD! Im going back to factory settings on the box!

so you put a port plug in, lowering the tuning, decreasing port area, which made you peak out at a higher frequency with a lower number? Not surprising, as the lower tuning should lower your peak at tuning, harmonics and 1/4 wavelengths will shift as well.. port resonance... which can also more closely match up with cabin/vehicle resonance.... so over all, tuning lower you have a smaller SPL, and now your port resonance and vehicle harmonics become larger than your tuning but are still not as loud as around tuning when you were tuned higher.

honestly OHJAY I am not happy with the numbers! I mean they were better before and I hope I can get back to what they were but it was fun for sure!

is this after removing the plug and back to the enclosure you had before the plug?

KW its with plug in. I'm going back to factory settings. LOL OEM I guess you would say

I know it's burried in the 16 pages, but what is original vs plug? cubes and tuning. Have u taken sweeps of the inside showing FR?

Sweeps like this would be nice:

volume7sub0.jpg

volume14extremis180revwindowsdwn.jpg

but burps in 1Hz increments like this can still help:

132.5dB @ 15Hz

136.7dB @ 17Hz

140.3dB @ 18Hz

142.5dB @ 19Hz

143.8dB @ 20Hz

144.9dB @ 21Hz

145.7dB @ 22Hz

At 1:02 it sounds like the subs are bottoming, that is the doors flexing over 3" at 22Hz at 145.7dB despite the door jam pockets. You can hear him say " the door doesn't like that".

I was tuned to 25Hz but when I started at 15Hz with 132.5dB, you can see the 2nd and 3rd harmonics were well below the fundamental 15Hz.

147.7dB @ 23Hz

147.9dB @ 24Hz

148.2dB @ 25Hz and 26Hz at the floor

148.2dB on music at 25Hz... I set the LP at 31.5Hz with a 30dB/oct slope so that I only hit the low note. If I would have had it at 80Hz where it was supposed to be I'd be in the mid to upper 50's but I only wanted to know what I got from 29Hz down.

fast forward to 2:50

put on 148.2dB

147.7dB @ 23Hz hair trick unintentional. The guy is incorrect about the SPL reading being false due to the bottoming out noise... the Term Lab is a pressur sensor and does not register anything other than bass. NASA used one to measure the space shuttle launches.

LOL @ your little girl. So Damn Cute.

Big difference with the plug.

Does it sound better now? I bet it does.

it does sound really good but with higher tuning it still hammers lows damn well but loses a lot of numbers... especially with shows and comps coming up, he needs the higher tuning to get those numbers

see, we understand that but when it comes to the competitions its all about numbers ya know?

Yall never say when you/we gone chill... pickIn up some paint & come to finish my panel!

Edited by Dj_Scarface

yes, I do. I went to get metered myself out of curiosity, and of course I was hoping for big numbers... but I also didn't go above 29Hz because I knew if i would have I'd have easily been mid 50's but that wasn't my goals. To each their own, it just upsets me that I get picked on for doing what I want... not caring about looks, saving $$$, and tuning lower over bigger numbers. I am all for others spending more $$$ on their subs, tuning higher for more output, and spending more $$ and putting more time, energy, and work into cosmetics... but don't ride me for doing mine the way I want mine :)

i'm by no means speaking for ramrod.

DJ, i haven't seen him since monday after work. i'm going to try and stop by tomorrow to talk about this weekend and what not. we'll see what happens

cbf8fb88.jpg

b2b131a3.jpg

094d601c.jpg

215dafea.jpg

6e5004ae.jpg

there gose the hood all these white folks moving in... They done put mr & mrs woofer out they house

Edited by Dj_Scarface

This is how I am able to continue doing builds and tweaking because I charge rent to sleep in my BOX!