Notorious97200

Looking for a set of 8" midbass speaker

Hi,

A friend of mine is looking for an 8" midbass speaker. He has several sizes speakers in his car ! It's not really perfect as ///M5 would have done it, but it sounds so good !!! It's one of the best sounding cars in my island : loud, nice and gets low when needed !

The 8" will be powered by 2 channels of a JBL amp, a pbx 300.4, so about 125 watt rms per side at 4 Ohms. He runs a second JBL amp (100.4) on the smaller speakers and tweeters.

Electrical is very good.

He has 4 Sundown saz 1000's on 2 SSA Xcon 15" in a small Renault Clio (build log here on ssa forum).

So...

All his speakers are in the front doors (2 doors car), and he has just told me that he doesn't care about the depth of the speakers. He's a good builder !!!

He's using only Davis Acoustic for now. The one who blew was a coaxial, he took off the tweeter in them.

He wants to cross them between 100 to 500 Hz, or lower.

what to look for ?

I know about Madisound or Part-express, and they deliver in my country.

Budget ? I don't know but I think under $200 (+ shipping).

Give me some ideas, opinions, directions please.

Thank you !

Not sure if they ship to your island but these are a heck of a buy.

Dayton Reference, peerless SLS or SDS if you can find them in that range, I think you could find something from Vifa in that range, Kicker RMB8s or SSMB8s. They don't make them anymore so you'd have to find them used of NOS. I could go on.

i would recommend emailing both parts express and madisound the question and get their input as well.

peerless sls 8

dayton rs225

exodus has a nice new 8" coming out soon

Thanks guys

I have some readings to do now !

Yes Madisound and parts-express deliver to my island !

Not sure if they ship to your island but these are a heck of a buy.

My friend loves this brand !!!

But these speakers are so cheap !!! Why ? Not that we like to spend money, but here everything is so expensive ! And Davis Acoustics is priced like Focal, both are French brands.

He will be scared of the price, but can buy several sets !!! He never had so cheap speakers.

All new lines coming out, so they blow them out on Madisound and other dealers.

I wouldn't be afraid to buy those Aura's! Hell buy up to $300 worth and sell them locally and get a nice return on your money :drink40: .

I wouldn't be afraid to buy those Aura's! Hell buy up to $300 worth and sell them locally and get a nice return on your money :drink40: .

I need to try them before. but that's a nice idea !!! We will buy at least 2 sets for this price !!!

Tirefryer : they were cheap even before, I can see the old price ! when you're used to focal and Davis, it's surprising !

M&K blew out some Peerless SLS a while back with their logo on them. I would imagine someone on a forum may have a set for sale cheap because of it.

Otherwise, pretty darn good options so far you've received.

I happen to have a set of Kicker RMB8s, NOS, just sitting on my office floor in box looking for a home.

Thanks again you all.

I need to study now !

I will tell you my choice. Or ask you some more questions !!

We finally bought 4 Aura midbass speakers.

Big thanks to 98GMC : my friend loves them ! He installed two in each front door, but he had to take out a burnt set of medium Davis and a set of "GK" Davis too. Results : too much midbass and not enough mids !

Finally he only kept one Aura in each door and put back the set of (expensive and big) GK.

Now he loves it ! the sound is accurate now : the congas and percus(drums) are wonderful : we had to turn the bass down, it was already soooo beautiful !!!

I think a set of midbass like those and a tweeter that can play low enough would be a good front stage !! Maybe I'll try something like that one day !

I ordered on a thursday afternoon, and received all 4 speakers the next tuesday; I would have gotten them on monday evening, but the Customs wanted to take some money from me. They got it ! That was a super fast delivery !!!!

He wants to buy some more to build some speakers for his pro audio equipment !!!!!