Spencerk

WHOS PUSHIN 150's BABY???

I am in a minor dispute here. I was looking to do a 150 trunk set up and I was talking about what I was looking to buy to a few friends of mine. One friend pipes up and says that "I can do 150 ease with 2 12s on 1k sealed in a 2 cube box".......BULLSHIT!!!

SO....I am asking you guys who have done it before to please post if you have done it and how so?? i.e. ( what subs, amps, box size, electrical ect) So I can get a better idea of what kinda cash in going to be spending AND to prove him wrong.

I am in a minor dispute here. I was looking to do a 150 trunk set up and I was talking about what I was looking to buy to a few friends of mine. One friend pipes up and says that "I can do 150 ease with 2 12s on 1k sealed in a 2 cube box".......BULLSHIT!!!

SO....I am asking you guys who have done it before to please post if you have done it and how so?? i.e. ( what subs, amps, box size, electrical ect) So I can get a better idea of what kinda cash in going to be spending AND to prove him wrong.

Given the correct installation skills, adequate electrical, shure, anything is possible ... but for the most part, i'd have to see it to believe it ...

In competition, i've seen 1 10 set up a 150db at around 65 htz ... but that was a major build setup ...

back in 1992, my first 150 "on music" was with 2 Blues Car Audio 15s sealed on 45 watts rms ... I was told it couldn't be done back then ...

IMO it depends on what kinda trunk. and what kinda metering your talking about... .see people love to say "trunked" but then they have thair seats down and all this nonsence.... then others meter with odd placement, and call it a score.

but yes.. 2 12's can achive a 150 score.

Given the correct installation skills, adequate electrical, shure, anything is possible ... but for the most part, i'd have to see it to believe it ...

In competition, i've seen 1 10 set up a 150db at around 65 htz ... but that was a major build setup ...

back in 1992, my first 150 "on music" was with 2 Blues Car Audio 15s sealed on 45 watts rms ... I was told it couldn't be done back then ...

On the Audio Control? lol

A good trunk build that has 2 12"s, a good box, and about 4,000RMS would get it into the 50's.

B&K Bro ... legal, in the record books ...

I am forced to call BS on that.

45 watts rms and a sealed box does 50's? How do I do that?

I know extreme vehicles with zero flex can have some insane numbers with low wattage... But I don't think his truck has bulletproof type glass, reinforced steel, and bolted shut doors?

:ughdunno:

Class A/b amp bro ... how old were you in 1992 ??

In 92 I was 0 for most the year.

I just want the secret for a 50 with 45w and a sealed box. When these days it takes 2 beefy ass 12"s, a ported box, and 3k to reach a 50.

How does an amp type design or his age come into play? I just don't see the correlation?

I just want the secret for a 50 with 45w and a sealed box. When these days it takes 2 beefy ass 12"s, a ported box, and 3k to reach a 50.

you just answered you own question bro ... I'm talkin old school and you are referring to new school ... BIG difference ...

Sub amp I have now is 50 watts rms and i can do a consistant 137.7 db at 28 htz ... Whats so hard to understand ??

Curious about this thread. As i cant decide on my next build.

2 15"or18" zcons, 8 sa-8s, 4 12" Fi Qs... assuming all optimal enclosures and Rms + a lil bit.... which would be easier to hit 150s with? I really wanna stay with SSA tho...

Edit::: 4 12" Fi Qs. Not 2 lol

Edited by swagger_wagon468

you just answered you own question bro ... I'm talkin old school and you are referring to new school ... BIG difference ...

Sub amp I have now is 50 watts rms and i can do a consistant 137.7 db at 28 htz ... Whats so hard to understand ??

So your saying the technology back then was better then it is now? Or it was rated differently, or since you had a a/b amp that it was more efficient?

I'm not following.

I didn't know that things were louder back in the day. :-/

alot of that had to do with system installation also ... There were alot of factors there ...

if you all say its bullshit, I really don't care ... Drew, you heard the truck I have now. and you seen my 50 watt rms amp too.

you still think its not possible ??

So your saying the technology back then was better then it is now? Or it was rated differently, or since you had a a/b amp that it was more efficient?

I'm not following.

It was back in the day called a "cheater amp" actually pushing ALOT more than rated ... :fing34:

how modded was the vehicle, cableguy? The A team has a vehicle that can do 170s, IIRC, with 1 15 and under 100 watts.

were the old school amps just like high voltage low current amps?

alot of that had to do with system installation also ... There were alot of factors there ...

if you all say its bullshit, I really don't care ... Drew, you heard the truck I have now. and you seen my 50 watt rms amp too.

you still think its not possible ??

I'm not saying yay or nay.

I just want to know what you mean by comparing your "old school" a/b design amp to the amps nowadays.

Your giving the impression that it was rated differently back then, that perhaps instead of 45watts or whatever, that it was more.

and/or

That your class a/b amp was super efficient, but even so, that's still only 45watts or so.

And obviously installation, enclosure, and vehicle will play a HUGE role, but you mentioned your old school amp as if it was something special, or more that meets the eye.

Not trying to be a dick, just want to know what you were implying or meant. :)

^Posted after last response, as Phi said, how underrated was it, how much could you really get out of it? 500watts? 1000watts?

Your original post didn't exactly help the OP if you state you did it with 50watts, but now it's really more, lol :P

I'm not following.

It was back in the day called a "cheater amp" actually pushing ALOT more than rated ... :fing34:

If you go back a few years ... Cheater Amps were the reasoning for all those power classification changes in the mid 90s ...

Amps like US Amps, Punch (rockford Fosgate), Linear Power, PPI, and especially Orion HCCA Amps ...

I remember stating correct installation skills bro ... :drink40:

I'm not following.

If you go back a few years ... Cheater Amps were the reasoning for all those power classification changes in the mid 90s ...

Amps like US Amps, Punch (rockford Fosgate), Linear Power, PPI, and especially Orion HCCA Amps ...

So it wasn't 45w..... when was the TL first put into official use?