Well, I've been looking for a ho alt for my brother's Caliber :morepower1: and so far, the only company that has said they can/will build one is Excessive Amperage. I was wondering if anyone here had any experience at all with them. Nathan said he would build me a 200a unit that will do approx. 130 at idle. He also said that the alt is controlled by the car's computer and suggested I also purchase an adjustable external regulator from him for another $135. :ughdunno: I'm not sure I need the regulator as we don't ever plan on running at higher voltage. Any input is very appreciated.

I never owned an EA product. I am sure they are good. Probably comparable to Mechman and Ohio Generator.

DC Power will not help you out? They are discontinuing their XP line but I am sure they can make you one based on the CS130D or another variation. They can be difficult to get ahold of sometimes but they really do make the best alternators available.

Ive had my EA alt since 2005..

Had it on my town car, now its on my navi

I've got one and love it. No problems and Nate is a really nice guy.

I had a 180amp one on my Camry and it worked perfectly on it.

Do not buy from them. Nate isn't a nice guy. I had to drive to his house to get my situation straightened with him after he kept dodging me on the internet and phone. Every alternator I've had from him has failed (two different vehicles). I tried time after time to give him the benefit of the doubt by sending back my broken alternators to him and they kept breaking and leaving my in a bad spot. I'm back to using my factory alt now. He used to delete posts on Realm of Excursion when people had trouble with his alts or said anything negative about his products.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/general-discussion/159198-do-not-buy-excessive-amperage.html

http://www.floridaspl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3547

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/320241-excessive-amperage-has-my-money-my-alternator.html

I read a bunch of negative things on the internet about Nate and was quite hesitant to purchase my alternator from him, but after calling him and personally talking to him for around 30 minutes, I was much more comfortable. My friend has also purchased an alternator with an adjustable external regulator and it works fine. I don't know why it is so hit-or-miss with him. I've found him to be nothing but polite, helpful, and quick with his responses and work. It is a strange situation for sure!

I read a bunch of negative things on the internet about Nate and was quite hesitant to purchase my alternator from him, but after calling him and personally talking to him for around 30 minutes, I was much more comfortable. My friend has also purchased an alternator with an adjustable external regulator and it works fine. I don't know why it is so hit-or-miss with him. I've found him to be nothing but polite, helpful, and quick with his responses and work. It is a strange situation for sure!

Until you have a problem... perhaps

Thanks for all the input guys, I appreciate it. I talked to Kyle about it for a while over the phone and I will be ordering from DC Power tomorrow.

Well dam lol

ohio gens or mean green.

I have a mean green alt as well.

Seems like alot of companies are hit and miss these days.

DC Power FTW!! I plan to order one Friday as I just picked up an 11 hour shift today :) Its the last day for the friday check and I knew if I worked 11 hours today randomly I would have enough for it! It was a long day but i cant wait to get the alt!

He was a nice enough guy, responded to my emails very quickly and was helpful/polite to me as well. I decided to go with DC though as they offer more power and their unit works with all the factory schtuffs.