markak134

need opionons on how to help my voltage

ok let me first start off by telling you my equipment. I have a sundown 3000d, 4 skar 12s , 2 deka intimidators, redtop under hood, stinger capacitor good for 10,000 watts , my alternator is one i found on ebay im sure it does more amps than the stock one but probaly not much , i would like to say getting a new alternator is out of the question reasons are i have a 2002 intrepid 2.7L and noone really makes a alternator for this car they want me to use brackets in stuff i dont really trust that and plus the alternator isnt in a place i could check the bolts all the time.

right now the car runs at idle 14.1 volts and i check the capacitor voltage by the amps it goes to mostly stays in the 13s and 12volts it wont go under 12 but this is with the gain only half this system would crush with the gain up more but i cant do it volts go way too low.

here is my plan i want to know if this is a good idea ill just get a new box for 2 12s then just run the 2 12s at 2ohm the sundown is rated at 1600 for 2ohm and then i will have more airspace in my trunk too do you think it will actually be louder than the 4 because im guessing i will be able to turn the gain up like about 3/4 of the way and have stable voltage because if it running at 1ohm now 3000 watts and it doesnt go below 12 wouldnt have of that power be way more stable

Two Intimidators have no problem supporting a 3KD, I had the same amp in my Stratus, with a 90 amp stock alt, and the stock battery up front, I had no voltage issues.

Try taking out your capacitor out, then roll a few burps to check voltage drop, that is likely the issue. Your charging system is stuck charging such a large capacitor, as well as the amp and your stock electrical.

i think it was worse with out the cap thats why i bought the cap to see if it would help it didnt really do anything idk maybe my wireing is mest up or somthing

i know what one problem could be i have the power wire going out of the cap then it breaks off to the 3000 and my highs amp its all 1/0 i should change the first part to 2/0 then it breaks off into the two 1/0s

but i have a feeling that really isnt the problem

illl probaly just down grade to 2 subs and see what happens

edit:

i just tested it at idle its decent it wont drop below 12 but i think it bothers me that i cant get what its capable of do you guys think it will hit harder with the 2 12s instead of 4 because i can turn the gain up for with 2

Edited by markak134

It won't be louder with only 2 subs. You have a problem somewhere. Did you do the big3 ? Are you sure you have good grounds everywhere ?

You definitely need to do the big three. Do that and get rid of the cap. If all that doesn't work you should check all of your grounds and wire connections throughout your vehicle.

i did the big 3 but i dont know if i put the engine block ground in the right place and i also disconnected wires when i replaced them with the wires i put in

im going to go check some wires

maybe i would be louder with 2 if a get a really good box

everything is in the right place im pretty sure

i dont think anything is wrong and the voltage was still bad without the cap so im not taking it out

maybe its because i used pyramid wire for my speaker wire

http://www.amazon.com/Pyramid-RPB825-Gauge-Brown-Ground/dp/B000K8MUWI

Edited by markak134

Speaker wire should not affect voltage coming from the electrical...

maybe its cause my car has that fuse relay center or some shit idk but the voltage always sucked on my car maybe too much of it uses electic power its a 02 intrepid or maybe since the car is so long the wire run is very long

You don't need to replace any wire when you do the big3. What happened ?

Maybe you can take the engine block wire to the (-) on your battery.

Good luck.

yea i have the engine block wire it doesnt get connected right to my battery its like going to the frame then another wires on top of that is going to the battery

my back batties are being charged good i just checked them i just dont know why im getting this bad voltage i probaly mest up the big 3

Edited by markak134

yea i have the engine block wire it doesnt get connected right to my battery its like going to the frame then another wires on top of that is going to the battery

my back batties are being charged good i just checked them i just dont know why im getting this bad voltage i probaly mest up the big 3

i did a little messing around and found a new engine block ground i have slightly better results

its werid tho it used to run at 14.1 then when i changed stuff its at 14.0 but seems more stable in the volts

i think i know what the other problem is in the back i have 2 batteries set up like this

324324342.jpg

in the batterie set up its all knu wire 1/0 but the ground is install bay 1/0 so maybe thats messing it up or maybe how i have it grounded is wrong for the 2 batties

also like i said before i have the wires splitting like a Y from the capacitor to the 2 amps

i just ordered some 2/0 wire to beef up some cables any way werid stuff if happening when i went to work this morning i was playing music loud as it goes i looked back and the cap said 14.4 but my other meter that monitors the under the hood redtop it said 14.0 but after work at idle with no music it was at 13.7 and would go up past that when i got home i turned it up loud it stayed at the 13.7 still and droped and stayed in the 12s idk whats happening should i get rid of the redtop and buy a big kenetick for under the hood would that help or just get a box for 2 12s and draw way less power what do you guys think i would rather keep 4 12s tho

im looking to get a Powermaster D3100 under the hood and keep my two dekas in the back

i just cant under stand why it was running at 14.0 then at the end of work its 13.7 is my alt mest up ?

i also think i need to make my grounds bigger and get rid of that redtop i think thats what is messing stuff up for me

Edited by markak134

i just ordered some 2/0 wire to beef up some cables any way werid stuff if happening when i went to work this morning i was playing music loud as it goes i looked back and the cap said 14.4 but my other meter that monitors the under the hood redtop it said 14.0 but after work at idle with no music it was at 13.7 and would go up past that when i got home i turned it up loud it stayed at the 13.7 still and droped and stayed in the 12s idk whats happening should i get rid of the redtop and buy a big kenetick for under the hood would that help or just get a box for 2 12s and draw way less power what do you guys think i would rather keep 4 12s tho

im looking to get a Powermaster D3100 under the hood and keep my two dekas in the back

i just cant under stand why it was running at 14.0 then at the end of work its 13.7 is my alt mest up ?

i also think i need to make my grounds bigger and get rid of that redtop i think thats what is messing stuff up for me

car was running around 14-14.2 at idle today nomore of that 13.7 for some reason. on the loud bass songs the lowest i saw it go was 12.4 i guess i changed something good ill have to wait to see what happends

after i make a few more changes in the next 2 weeks after that im looking for a company that i can send in my stock alt too and they can beef it up or use that to make one fit for me

i want to put the gain up more tho to get real loud bass its only a little past half now it sounds ok

Edited by markak134

You're messed up in all sorts of ways.

Caps are the worst invention for trying to stabilize voltage in a car.

I think the capacitor is sucking the voltage when it is recharging because the capacitor is so large, which is causing the voltage to dip some. Make sure the engine ground goes to the (-) of the battery, as well as the frame. When you do the big three, make you you add the additional wires along with the stock ones, do not remove anything. If you removed any stock wires, I would recommend replacing them. Try doing this and then running the system without the cap. For a voltmeter, I would recommend attaching the leads to the wires right as the enter the amp, therefore you are seeing the voltage the amp is receiving.

Yeah bro, def. get rid of that huge cap, Those things suck up more power than they give in a situation like yours. Maybe double up on all your grounds just to be safe if the voltage is acting weird.

i did mess up i bought this stinger 50 farad cap a while ago and i doubt its 50 farads cause how can their 10 farad cap be so close in price to this 50 farad i also read that the best help in caps is 1-3 farads so i just fcked up the big caps ussually waste power

so i guess capacitors are only good if you have a good high output alt , i just went for a drive and i found the truth about caps the bass was like super crazy loud only for like 1 minute then i guess thats when it couldnt keep up anymore and it went back to like normal damn

Edited by markak134

You'd need a 180,000 farad capacitor to store the same amount of power as your typical starting battery, they are a gimmick.