davidaustincook

Delay on Q's?

I have read here that there is a delay on the BL models due to lack of steel. I just ordered a Q12 and was wondering if it would be delayed also. And is the Wednesday night chat still going on? Thanks for all your help.

Steel for the BL's is in and they are shipping, I'm not aware of any delay on Q's.

According to the website today, there is a 30 day wait. Does anyone have any idea what order dates this will affect? (I placed an order about a week ago). Hope I don't have to wait a month!!!

no theres no delays on the q's, the steel was only for the bl's and the ssd's. i ordered my bl on march 14th and still havnt gotten it shipped but i friend of mine ordered a q about a week ago and they have already shipped it.

We do now have a delay on the Qs. This is due to us swapping over to US metal and we are experiencing delays in their production much longer than anticipated. Once we sort through ALL of our motors initial wait times for dies and tooling, it will be significantly faster for all future orders. Currently N2, N3, and BL motors are sorted and rolling smoothly. Qs are the next motor we are out of and are waiting a few weeks longer than anticipated for them to be to our liking. SSDs/IB3s are a whole other story/problem and we are working rapidly on solutions for them.

We appreciate everyones patience while we finish the transition to US raw parts.

Thanks,

Scott

So what is the order date cut-off for the delay? I am guessing if my subs haven't shipped yet, (I ordered a couple weeks ago) then they are probably subject to this delay? I am not in a huge rush, and not overly bothered by the wait, but it might be a good business practice to only sell what you have on hand, and update the website as soon as the metal you do have has run out. That way there is NO unexpected delays. Again, I am not overly bothered though, and I think it will be well worth the wait for these bad boys :-D

Man I don't want to wait thirty days but I want to order one of these. It's a real hard choice, it's between a Q 15 and a sundown audio 15, but I think the q will be better.

I appreciate the info though straight from the source, joined the forum just to see if I could get the scoop on the delay time and it looks like this is it.

I will still likely be ordering this sub so please keep us up to date on the expected delay and how the sorting process is going.

I hope to have a semi firm date tomorrow. I will post up any details should they become available.

Thanks,

Scott

I am also interested in purchasing an fi q 12, and would like some information on the status of the production time. Thank you and I would really like to buy on of these.

Agreed. I have two Q15s which I reconed as 12s. I just ordered two more Q12s so I can have a system with four Q12s. These are an amazing sub and are worth the wait. I'm just hoping that this delay can get resolved soon so I can get my order in at least a month from now.

I hope to have a semi firm date tomorrow. I will post up any details should they become available.

Thanks,

Scott

Any update on this?

I just joined these forums to see what was up with the delays, and I got my answer, I just sold my subs to buy a Q15 and now i have to wait 30 days with no bass!?!?! This is torture.

Hey Scott, if I order the Q 15 with all options for the seal application when will It be shipped? Because I NEED bass!

Like Scott said.

When we have concrete information we will make an announcement.

Until then..it is what it is.

Like Scott said.

When we have concrete information we will make an announcement.

Until then..it is what it is.

How bout a reply about how things are going and if thiings are on track. It is what it is is not what I call a response to a question. How about an update to people who spent alot of hard earned money on subs to put thier mind at ease. Customer service, I guess it is what it is huh.

what more can he tell you besides whats already said in this thread? There doing what they can. If you have spent money then sit tight, your in good hands. When that sub arrives at your door you will forget about the wait.

How bout a reply about how things are going and if thiings are on track. It is what it is is not what I call a response to a question. How about an update to people who spent alot of hard earned money on subs to put thier mind at ease. Customer service, I guess it is what it is huh.

Take a walk in our shoes for a minute.

When you have never done business with a foundry before you have to learn all of their capabilities (which has been the past few months as we decided to move all raw material production here to the states). You also have to learn what their machines can and can not run and how big the dies can and can not be. They have to be machined a certain way for extra material to flow out of them so they can be machined down at a later date. You also have to take into consideration on how you are going to machine the excess material off because in certain places it makes it harder on our lathes and CNC machines here to cut the excess steel bits off.

Once you have done an initial die you have to get a few parts pulled off of it, machine them down and finish them..and then you have to approve the design. (Which we have already done)

Keep in mind that they are not our own personal foundry here in the states. They have a number of people who are employed there and work there and they fill orders in the order that they are received. So, once we approve the forging we get our spot in line for our certain blend of steel material. As our materials are totally different than any other product that is being used that they make. So, we have to wait for that cycle to come around until they are able to melt our material and add the proper alloys and what not you have the proper chemical make up and metallurgy, otherwise..the magnetic properties of it is far below what it should be and the speakers do not work right. They can not melt our material down and add the proper alloys and what not to make other pieces that they make either. Our blend of steel literally is our blend of steel at this foundry. A foundry does not work like a toddlers play doh factory where you simply put yellow play doh in the die and get spaghetti, and next time you put red play doh in the die to get hair, or switching things up to make hot dogs with the round play doh die out of the orange material. I wish it were that simple, would have parts a long time ago if it was.

Now, If I were to call them every day and ask them "Hey when are you running our parts?", "Hey when are you running our parts?", "Hey when are you running our parts?". They would become very annoyed with me. Because I already know what the situation is, and we understand that our materials will be made when their schedule allows. They understand that we need the parts as soon as we can possibly have them. There is absolutely no sense in bugging them as they have already stated they will contact us when they are running them and let us know how the production run is going.

Business to business is a bit different than business to consumer. We have stated numerous times here that we are waiting on the forgings. Everybody knows that we are waiting on the forgings (The flashing 30 day lead time on the website). Everybody also knows that we will update the forum and the website as soon as we have concrete information to stand on. Until then, as I previously said. It is what it is. We are not going to change the website nor are we going to make an announcement until we for sure know when we are going to have the forgings in our hands.

If that is not good enough for you, then I must apologize. I am not going to feed anybody a bunch of lies about what it is and what it is not. Until we have concrete information to stand on and make an announcement with the status stays the same in that we are waiting. We are at the mercy of others that is outside of our control.

Hope this clears some things up.

Take a walk in our shoes for a minute.

When you have never done business with a foundry before you have to learn all of their capabilities (which has been the past few months as we decided to move all raw material production here to the states). You also have to learn what their machines can and can not run and how big the dies can and can not be. They have to be machined a certain way for extra material to flow out of them so they can be machined down at a later date. You also have to take into consideration on how you are going to machine the excess material off because in certain places it makes it harder on our lathes and CNC machines here to cut the excess steel bits off.

Once you have done an initial die you have to get a few parts pulled off of it, machine them down and finish them..and then you have to approve the design. (Which we have already done)

Keep in mind that they are not our own personal foundry here in the states. They have a number of people who are employed there and work there and they fill orders in the order that they are received. So, once we approve the forging we get our spot in line for our certain blend of steel material. As our materials are totally different than any other product that is being used that they make. So, we have to wait for that cycle to come around until they are able to melt our material and add the proper alloys and what not you have the proper chemical make up and metallurgy, otherwise..the magnetic properties of it is far below what it should be and the speakers do not work right. They can not melt our material down and add the proper alloys and what not to make other pieces that they make either. Our blend of steel literally is our blend of steel at this foundry. A foundry does not work like a toddlers play doh factory where you simply put yellow play doh in the die and get spaghetti, and next time you put red play doh in the die to get hair, or switching things up to make hot dogs with the round play doh die out of the orange material. I wish it were that simple, would have parts a long time ago if it was.

Now, If I were to call them every day and ask them "Hey when are you running our parts?", "Hey when are you running our parts?", "Hey when are you running our parts?". They would become very annoyed with me. Because I already know what the situation is, and we understand that our materials will be made when their schedule allows. They understand that we need the parts as soon as we can possibly have them. There is absolutely no sense in bugging them as they have already stated they will contact us when they are running them and let us know how the production run is going.

Business to business is a bit different than business to consumer. We have stated numerous times here that we are waiting on the forgings. Everybody knows that we are waiting on the forgings (The flashing 30 day lead time on the website). Everybody also knows that we will update the forum and the website as soon as we have concrete information to stand on. Until then, as I previously said. It is what it is. We are not going to change the website nor are we going to make an announcement until we for sure know when we are going to have the forgings in our hands.

If that is not good enough for you, then I must apologize. I am not going to feed anybody a bunch of lies about what it is and what it is not. Until we have concrete information to stand on and make an announcement with the status stays the same in that we are waiting. We are at the mercy of others that is outside of our control.

Hope this clears some things up.

so what your trying to say is that everybody's subs ship tomorrow? :thanx: haha

i never knew that there was THAT much involved. but your quality does show in your subs.

Lol and the hammer drops... any reason for the switch to us-made vs foreign-made? Just curious

Lol and the hammer drops... any reason for the switch to us-made vs foreign-made? Just curious

150+ day lead time on production of raw materials...that does not include the 30 days shipping time, and the 1 day to 6 weeks if not longer if customs wants to hold it..

You can not function with that. It is significantly more expensive to make stuff here, but we won't be out of it for over half of a year any longer and once everything smooths out there will not be any out of stock items.

How much longer after the 30 days can we expect to wait, I understand this is the weekend but today is day 30 and I have my doubts about my sub shipping Monday or any day this week. I'm not mad or anything, we have a temp MTX in for now borrowed from a friend, just would like some sort of approximate time, I can take it, if it's really long just be honest about it, I don't mind. Basically what I'm trying to say is that I would like an approximate number.

Edited by YGG

I can not give you an approximate number..which I took plenty of time yesterday explaining why I can not.

Until I hear something, it is staying the same.