Sub: 1 Fi BTL 18" (Second Gen)

Amp: Waiting for the Crescendo 2k

Battery: 1 XS d3400 and 1 d925 up front

Stock Alt. 110

More 6 Cadence 6" Mids

and 6 crescendo tweeters

Ran off a crescendo 4 channel

Stay tuned!!

Im tuned in, when you get the Crescendo and use it for a bit, tell us how you like it. Crescendo is supposed to be coming out with new amplifiers soon, so im thinking about ordering one up.

6 tweeters and mids sounds overkill. Tuned in though :P

Yeah I don't think I will do that though. I only ordered 1 more pair Of cadence mids, and crescendo tweets. And I also got 2 audiopipe 1500s for the btl 18, not sure about the crescendo, since the efficiency won't be very good at 2 ohms. So I'll do the audio pipes at 1ohm on each coil. And have the sundown amp for mids on way. Will take a bunch of pics for you guys.

Overkill on the tweeters but not the mids... I just put in two cadence 5.25" components with tweets and two 8" mids along with two Dayton 2.5" pillar speakers and infinity kappa 6x9s in the rear deck and I still need more mids. I AM A get four or eight 4" Dayton mids from parts-express for like $15 each, hopefully that does the trick.

It's just a test fit for the doors/tweet locations, panels are still rough, and the sub is OFF

Check out those Dayton speakers for some quality inexpensive mids, they have all sorts of sizes and alignments... no coaxial bs either. Assorted crossovers to match. go easy on the tweeters: two supers tops.

Edited by SubSam

Overkill on the tweeters but not the mids... I just put in two cadence 5.25" components with tweets and two 8" mids along with two Dayton 2.5" pillar speakers and infinity kappa 6x9s in the rear deck and I still need more mids. I AM A get four or eight 4" Dayton mids from parts-express for like $15 each, hopefully that does the trick.

It's just a test fit for the doors/tweet locations, panels are still rough, and the sub is OFF

Check out those Dayton speakers for some quality inexpensive mids, they have all sorts of sizes and alignments... no coaxial bs either. Assorted crossovers to match. go easy on the tweeters: two supers tops.

I agree with mids, I've actually toyed with the idea of doing a couple 8s or 6s in my doors, but can't fit'm all :P

Oh and, got a link to the dayton mids and crossovers?

Okay I see these: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=295-328

and below they show their 80hz hpf, what about lpf?

@stefanhinote they have two way and three way xovers on the site, the lpf for the midrange and the hpf for the tweeters usually coincide, same with the woofer lpf and mid hpf on a three way. I strongly recommend the 3.5 k or higher xover for a supertweeter. If I had a choice I would run my mids, highs and tweets off all different amps and only active xovers, but I'm not ballin like that. Yet :P

Thanks for the link and info :)

I bought my cadence mids for 13 dollars each on amazon like 1 week ago. Their now 30 each on their. Their pretty damn good, and their loud!! Sensitivity is 100db. And it's all about fitting. If I could fit 4 more, I totally would, but for now I'll just add two more. BTL should be here in the AM

I bought my cadence mids for 13 dollars each on amazon like 1 week ago. Their now 30 each on their. Their pretty damn good, and their loud!! Sensitivity is 100db. And it's all about fitting. If I could fit 4 more, I totally would, but for now I'll just add two more. BTL should be here in the AM

Did you already have crossovers for them? I can't imagine they came with crossovers for 13 bucks.

Haha noooo shit! You did end up going with a 2nd gen 18" btl afterall?? I hope you enjoy it :) i know i enjoyed mine for sure.

Looks good I wish i had the money to do a build like this. Just bought two Rockford 1500, still waiting to get them..

Sign in to follow this