Dictator

1992 volvo 240 wagon build log

Picked this wagon up last winter for my spring/summer project vehicle

The instal will consist of

Subwoofers:Two 12inch fi bl's fully loaded daily versions (2010 3inch coil version)

Amplifier: will be a Aq 2200d wiring it subs to 10hm load on the amp.

Electrical: At this moment the electrical is a work in progress what i all have done so far is installed a yellow top up front and one in the back with 0guage running to the rear batt! I am upgrading my alt trying to do that atm as we speak the big 3 is going to be done when the alt is being installed.

Front stage is the next step after alt thats going to be a whole different story because it needs alot of work. Plan on taking the fiberglass pod's route with a modert loud 2way setup.

Lets stop blabing and see some photos of a swedish made BEAST!

hpim4717.jpg

Some of yall might of already seen the box pics but to recap for who ever didnt enjoy!

Box build photo comparison to see the wood before i started the staining and varnishing process!

hpim4662.jpg

hpim4661n.jpg

hpim4666s.jpg

hpim4668.jpg

hpim4670.jpg

hpim4681.jpg

The instal it self went pretty smooth ran into some trouble but who doesnt!

Start of with front battery welding supply 1/0gauge wire with a raptor 1/0gauge fuse 250amp fuse inside it

hpim4704.jpg

Next photo is the spare battery in the back. Right now the battery is just ontop of some mdf for a little platform. Planning to upgrade to a bigger battery soon. Works for now though

hpim4701.jpg

hpim4702t.jpg

Now the amp is in a little hidden compartment and i know the worries of the amp heating up is a problem ordering some fans some time this week so i can get good airflow to the amp wont be a problem! Instaling them wont be a problem battery is right behind the scrap metal the fans will be mounted to :)

hpim4708r.jpg

hpim4709.jpg

The sexy photo of the Bas A*s look of the wagon!

THE SUBWOOFAS!

hpim4706.jpg

OMG i see no wires WHAT!!!

hpim4707.jpg

hpim4712.jpg

hpim4716.jpg

Some interior shots. Interior is in really good shape the outside just needs a new paint job and some other detail stuff thats the next project after all the audio equipment is installed!

hpim4715.jpg

hpim4714.jpg

hpim4716.jpg

Thats it for now for the low end of the system its not Crazy loud right now since i only have a 70AMP ALT!!! in it so the gain is only up a quarter with a 2volt pre amp deck so its not even nearly loud as it could be. Going to go with a 275ohio genarator alt for the upgrade!

For the front stage i was thinking two 6.5 pro audio drivers and 1bullet horn tweet each front door and call it a day on some channel amp in the back to power them

Heres the door enough room to make a decent size pod never used glass before but my good buddy sirlancelot is going to help me with the start of it then the rest i will finish!

hpim4703.jpg

Thats it for now Special thanks to Sirlancelot for letting me use his Hydraulic Crimper that tool is amazing for instaling stuff takes the pain out of 1/0guage terminals!

If yall have any advice or anything just holla!

PEACE volvo FTW!!!

:popcorn:

:fing34:

This car needs some beautiful rims.:peepwall:

ooo yeah!...Rims are on the future things to do list :)

Looks Good Mang. Nice and clean. :drink40:

Hit me up later, I wanna hear it.

Ill hit you up after work today. Its banging but its not wanging not nearly as loud as it could be but it will be very soon.

New deck installed clarion cz500 115$ shipped awesome deck for a budget!

hpim4722.jpg

Looking good so far, keep it up

HU looks good Mang.

One cool thing about the hu is the volume knob its so smooth :)

Alt is being built this week. I think 275ho alt should feed me some power.

Very nice/clean setup! Gotta love a Volvo with bass! :)

Edit: Do you have anything holding down the back battery? It would suck to have it hit a ground :x

Edited by brandonf

Edit: Do you have anything holding down the back battery? It would suck to have it hit a ground :x

Especially with all that bare metal around it...

Especially with all that bare metal around it...

No i dont but i did think of that the ground is bolted in up higher higher area enough where its not possible for the battery to hit the ring terminal!

Rear battery is the only spot i didnt spend alot of time on.

"Very nice/clean setup! Gotta love a Volvo with bass! :)" Thanks its loud for 12's

Sweet! love the box and the wagon. can't wait to see more....

You could fit more sub back there! Looks good, look forward to the pods. Nice to have a guy like lancelot around to help, he seems like he kinda' knows what he is doing :roflmao:

Stain/varnish looks pretty clean, dont see that much.

Enclosure looks great!!! No wires?? Isn't that how it's suppose to be? Very clean install!! Will be watching for the pods, it's awesome that you can work with an SSA member like SirLancelot and get an intro into fiberglassing. :woot:

I really like the enclosure and everything. Well done. I'm excited to see what you do with the rest of the vehicle!