An-i-no

Don't hate on me but....

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_34766_Rockford-Fosgate-P3D4-12.html

The styling on that bish is craaaaazy. I just want to know from designer's and manufacturer's how much thought goes into the looks department of a sub, or...any product for that matter. I know there's you "I could care less how it looks, it's all about performance" but to me that's almost never true. Those blue ass "HIFONICS" logos and smooth one piece dustcaps like the AA Havoc has all add to the final product. (Not saying you should buy a Hifonics or Rockford P3 or even a Havoc just for looks) So I just want input from other people.

I'll probably get mad hate for puttin the Rockford link, but all their new stuff is really pretty. I have no idea how it performs but it's damn pretty. The glossy cones on the component sets and the trim rings and grills that come with the subs are friggin awesome. I love my SA-12, but if it came with a color-matched trim ring that said "SUNDOWN-AUDIO" on the outside I'd love it even more.

EDIT: Had an idiot moment. "Color-matched" with black and white? LOL @ me.

Edited by An-i-no

I see what you mean how the cone looks, basket looks cheap to me.

I like inverted dustcaps, then I get sick of them and like regular style, and back and forth :P

I also like the carbon fiber looking dustcaps from psi / fix my speaker, but I'll never buy any of their products...

I like inverted dustcaps, then I get sick of them and like regular style, and back and forth :P

I also like the carbon fiber looking dustcaps from psi / fix my speaker, but I'll never buy any of their products...

Yeah I just noticed it was stamped (I think? Can't really tell). I was thinking it was cast. Motor structure is small too but I wasn't expecting a 8 inch wide triple stack lol

Hey do what makes you happy bro. If you want to trade off to be a better looking set up then a louder one so be it. people can't hate on that. On a side note iv heard the old p3 subs and there not bad at all!

The P3 was the first sub I ever had, it definitely wasn't that bad. Obviously I'd rather have something else for the price, but I wouldn't classify them as garbage either.

I was actually just checking these out the other day. I really like the look of them too.

I prefer their old school stuff, but have a natural bias.

Well, with smaller companies. Putting time, money, resources, and such into small things like that can raise the final cost much higher.

A larger company like Kicker, Rockford, or JL can spend the money then spread the cost over the R&D to make them prettier over say 100,000 subs, where as a small company can only spread the cost over say 1,000 subs.

But yes, the new RF stuff looks GREAT!

They do look good

+1 for looks...

the subs do look really nice. a buddy of mine just bought 2 12 P2s and they're not bad.

i had 4 12 P1s of 2 generations ago running off of a JL 500/1 that i thought got loud. it was fun, it was stupid, it was all in the back of a cavalier. wish i had kept them for what they were. I bought the 4 used for $60 from a woman selling her ex's stuff haha.

good luck with it, i actually do like Rockford stuff.

I prefer their old school stuff, but have a natural bias.

I am kind of the same way.

Reminds me of the Hertz HX cones.

http://130.com.ua/pu...-HX-380_enl.jpg

Exactly what I was thinking !

So they stole a good looking design ,probably for all the wrong reasons ... that idea does not do well with me

why would you never buy any of PSI's products?