whats the difference between the kolossus fleks kable vs kca kable, installed on a system of atleast 2000 watts rms, wit stock alt and bat, i know that you see a dif when running high power, but with low power?

would the kca kable do a good job for the Big 3

just wanna know so i can order the kca kable, dont have enough for the kolossus fleks

thank you

whats the difference between the kolossus fleks kable vs kca kable, installed on a system of atleast 2000 watts rms, wit stock alt and bat, i know that you see a dif when running high power, but with low power?

would the kca kable do a good job for the Big 3

just wanna know so i can order the kca kable, dont have enough for the kolossus fleks

thank you

KCA is copper clad aluminum. It doesn't carry current nearly as good as Copper. 0 Gauge KCA would roughly carry as much current as 4ga Kolossus. People will recommend to either use two runs of the KCA or to use a size up (like 4ga up to 0ga) but both of those (I think) cost more than just using Copper wire to start with. Just save a lil money and get the Kolossus Fleks. It's worth the extra cost.

EDIT: Lol Reading > Me. I'm not sure if you want to use it under the hood as the KCA is more prone to heat buildup. I suppose if you're using 0ga on a stock alt then you might be ok. I would still just get a size smaller copper wire knowing it would run cooler and be more efficient if I was really pressed for cash. Or just do a part of the big 3 now and a part later if you absolutely have to have something now.

Edited by An-i-no

Do yourself a favor and order from weldingsupply

Heck yeah since it's just big 3 wire.

it will still be the same, will not afford it at the moment, only had about $100, but was for the 1/0 cable, fuse holder, terminals, and 8awg speaker wire, and wanted to buy all in one store,

so the KCA sucks under the hood, just wanted to know that, ill see if i can spend some extra cash for the kolossus

All of this is straight from the website...

Kolossus Fleks Wire

Overview –Kolossus FleKs Power / Ground Wire consists of oversized, fine stranded, tinned Oxygen Free Copper (99.99%) conductors. By design, we increased the surface area of our cables to allow for higher current loads. (~300amps) Applications include marine and mobile audio. The FleKs Kable features an ultra flex matte PVC jacket that makes it bend to any radius and stable in temperatures from -40C to 105C. Colors available include Black, Blue, and Red.

Notes –While our Kolossus FleKs Kable is oversized, most manufacture’s terminals will still fit our cables. The tinned OFC will resist oxidation thus making the cable suitable for marine or any high moisture applications.

KCA

Kolossus Copper Aluminum Kable (KCA Kable) has arrived! The KCA Kable uses the same ultra flex PVC found in the Kolossus Fleks Kable and the Copper Clad Aluminum (CCA) conductor from the KLMX Kable. Copper Clad Aluminum (CCA) is made up of 90% Aluminum and 10% Copper. CCA overall provides a cost effective solution to most audio systems. Assembled from stranded 34 gauge CCA, the KCA Kable is equal in size to the Kolossus Fleks Kable, but is designed for lighter current loads and not lightening your wallet.

The KCA series 1/0 Black Cable offers improved flexibility over the 'KLMX' Series and a rugged PVC outer jacket that is impervious to grease and oil. The PVC outer jacket can with-stand the extreme temperatures (-40 to 105 C) and capable loads of 250A. Price is per foot.

You're going to end up spending a good bit more by buying everything from knu.

what? u might want to reclarify what u just said...

WS- 25ft of 1/0 black $83 shipped

Knu- 50 FT of 1/0 KCA $98 shipped

Looks like you get a lot more wire for your money by going with Knu..

If u want to use this wire for a LONG time, regardless if u go with Knu or WS, u need some No-Ox at Lowes.

yea, i know, but really dont want to buy on seprate stores, just a temp fix for my voltage issues, until i get paid and get a battery

The whole "increased surface area" isn't just marketing BS, but a straight up lie..... In the DC realm Awg = Awg as far as current capacity w/the same type of conductor material.... Stranding makes no difference whatsoever...

Welding cable.

If u want to use this wire for a LONG time, regardless if u go with Knu or WS, u need some No-Ox at Lowes.

That's an unfair comparison. The KCA is cheaper for a reason. In all truths the WS wire, being ofc, is simply a better proudct. Copper wire > Aluminum wire. Period.

That's an unfair comparison. The KCA is cheaper for a reason. In all truths the WS wire, being ofc, is simply a better proudct. Copper wire > Aluminum wire. Period.

Do you know how much of a difference he will see using the "ofc" over the "cca"..... None.

X2.

One thing I LOVE about the welding wire I use is that the jacket can withstand heat. Not that there is a lot under a hood but I want to be on the safe side.

Copper wire > Aluminum wire. Period.

Agreed. Worth it in a car ? I don't think so :)

Do you know how much of a difference he will see using the "ofc" over the "cca"..... None.

You could be right. Until I see a straight up voltage drop/heat/current capacity test that says so then I'll keep buying copper.

Hmm, it seems like I'm bashing CCA. I'm not, it's just that the copper wire is better at the intended purpose (carrying current). He asked the difference, right?

Edited by An-i-no

So the kolossus will do the same job as the welding, i just dont want to buy from 2 different stores and pay 10 on welding and 10 on knu on shipping, when it could be 13 on knu only on shipping, but thanks for ur opinions

So the kolossus will do the same job as the welding, i just dont want to buy from 2 different stores and pay 10 on welding and 10 on knu on shipping, when it could be 13 on knu only on shipping, but thanks for ur opinions

Hell yeah, I feel you on the shipping thing. That's one reason I like to save up money and buy a bunch of stuff at once. Free shipping will sometimes be the difference between whatever online store and ebay...lol

fuses, holders, terminals, etc. are where you'll end up spending more than you need to by buying from knu. $6 each for fuses that say knukonceptz instead of $10 for 10 fuses that say Install Bay. I'm pretty sure the only difference is the lettering on them. $20-$25 for a fuse holder that doesn't work any better than the $10 Tsunami, Raptor and DB Link fuse holders you can buy all over the web. $1.75 a piece for cheap ass ring terminals? No thanks! There are plenty of places that offer free shipping on these items as well, do a little shopping around and save yourself some money.

Why would KCA be so bad if Knu rates it at 250a and Kolossus is rated at 300a? I'm in this same debate and it's about double the price to run Kolossus. My alt only does 250a so I figure I'd be okay to do my runs of power and ground with KCA since I won't be pushing more than 250a through it?

Why would KCA be so bad if Knu rates it at 250a and Kolossus is rated at 300a? I'm in this same debate and it's about double the price to run Kolossus. My alt only does 250a so I figure I'd be okay to do my runs of power and ground with KCA since I won't be pushing more than 250a through it?

It's not "bad" wire. It's simply fact that the Kolossus Flecks carries more current than the KCA. The Copper wire will run cooler and carry more current. If you want to run KCA that's fine, just don't push it to it's limits. If you want a sports car, buy a sports car. If you want a gas saver, buy a gas saver. Can't have both.

It's not "bad" wire. It's simply fact that the Kolossus Flecks carries more current than the KCA. The Copper wire will run cooler and carry more current. If you want to run KCA that's fine, just don't push it to it's limits. If you want a sports car, buy a sports car. If you want a gas saver, buy a gas saver. Can't have both.

Well I'm just trying to figure out if I will be okay, I'll be running it to 3 Shuriken BT120's and running a new AQ3500d and AQ4x90 off it, so around 450a of draw at full tilt.

Well I'm just trying to figure out if I will be okay, I'll be running it to 3 Shuriken BT120's and running a new AQ3500d and AQ4x90 off it, so around 450a of draw at full tilt.

You wanna run a potential 450 amps into a wire with a 250 amp fuse?

Just think about that for a second...

I wouldn't actually be running 450a through this wire though, seeing as how my alt only gives out 250a...

I wouldn't actually be running 450a through this wire though, seeing as how my alt only gives out 250a...

If it's power wire, and your amps try to pull 450 amps the fuse will blow, what your alternator charges at has nothing to do with it.

250 x 2 = 500

500>450

hmmmm. Look like it should work. You're not helping him too much. You way (running copper) isn't the only way to do things.

Yeah but still, you'll blow the fuse like Duran said. And even with copper wire you'd need 2 runs. That AQ has 2 Zero gauge inputs anyway?

250 x 2 = 500

500>450

hmmmm. Look like it should work. You're not helping him too much. You way (running copper) isn't the only way to do things.

What? Where are you getting 500 from? What he wants to do is too much for KCA, I'd recommend two runs of KCA or Kolossus Flecks for that? The KCA doesn't carry as much current as Copper, duh. That's all I'm saying geez.

Edited by An-i-no