Sign in to follow this  
manrossdamn

1986 Nissan 300ZX Non-turbo Alts

Hey DC! Have ya'll ever made an alternator for my car?

If so, can you give me the options I have?

I'm looking for a little over 90 amps at idle, and maybe if anything, 150 at full output if possible

Thanks!

P.S. Do you think you can make a Voltage regulator for it?

Thanks again!

Edited by ManRossDamn

We can go 2 ways here.. I can build you a true 150 that will do about ~110 at idle, or I can do a 200 that will do ~130 or so at idle.. Cost wise your going to be about $350 for the 150, and $400 for the 200.. These are also NEW alternators, not rewound stock cased units so they are a little more pricey but performance wise they'll blow ANYTHING on the market away.. They will be 100% direct bolt on as well, and use stock diameter pulleys so no belt changes either (and the idle output numbers I gave were for that)..

We can go 2 ways here.. I can build you a true 150 that will do about ~110 at idle, or I can do a 200 that will do ~130 or so at idle.. Cost wise your going to be about $350 for the 150, and $400 for the 200.. These are also NEW alternators, not rewound stock cased units so they are a little more pricey but performance wise they'll blow ANYTHING on the market away.. They will be 100% direct bolt on as well, and use stock diameter pulleys so no belt changes either (and the idle output numbers I gave were for that)..

I love it!

I understand your techniques completely! I would love performance and quality over quantity!

I am eying the 150.. Sounds perfect for all I need!

Soon.. Waiting on paychecks so I can repair other misc. items on my car.

Can you create a VCM for my car? Or can you show me how make my own?

Thanks!

reason for the VCM is that, my car idles really low, and I've been trying to fix that, but I believe it is vacuum related and I'm looking at diagrams for it.

Sits around, 600RPM at idle, and my voltage sits just above 12 volts, so roughly 12.5 volts? And once I bring it to 1,100RPM, roughly charging at 14.8 or so.

Thanks again Sir Rob!

You *can* run a VCM, but it wont be necessary.. Your new alt will do 14.4-14.8v at idle no problem.. The good thing about having monster idle output, is things like low idle dont hurt you like they would if the alternators didn't charge good at idle.. I'm telling you straight up, for what your looking for our new 150 will do all you want and more.. It will do ~160 hot, and at least 110 worst case at idle, hot, even at 600 rpms... Get the alt first, make sure your wiring is upgraded, and then worry about voltage. 99.9% sure you wont even think about it after the alt is installed. Rob

Sign in to follow this