Hey guys, had a few questions. I was looking through all of the topics, and it seems that most people either go with Knukonceptz, WeldingSupply, or Kicker. I was wondering if there were any benefits one has over the other (other than price, obviously).

About how many feet of wire is usually necessary for an SUV setup? This number should include wiring from front to back as well as the big 3. I was thinking right around 30 with some room to spare. I could be way off though, that's why I'm asking.

Finally, is the WS wire ok to run just as you would a "brand name" power wire? I would assume that there could not be too many differences in the two, but I'm not an expert. If there's no real difference, I'll probably go ahead and order from WS.

Edited by burko

depends on the power you are running. The more power, the more runs of wire you're going to want. Tell us the setup then we can probably help a little better :)

Weldingsupply is the shit, great products, great price and even better customer service. You run it exactly the same as you would any other brand wire. As Malibu said, tell us you're planning and we can help more.

depends on the power you are running. The more power, the more runs of wire you're going to want. Tell us the setup then we can probably help a little better :)

AQ2200D :popcorn:

1 run of weldingsupply 1/0 should suffice

Soundsagoot thanks guys :drink40:

How about the length question?

I bought 65' to do big 3 on 3 vehicles plus enough to do one full build and I think I'll have some extra.

So 50' of WS 1/0 should avail?

How much extra from the 50' are we talkin about here?

One more question. What brand/size speaker wire would be sufficient? I was thinking going with Knu on this one. I've read that 8 gauge wire is best for subs, while I've also seen you're supposed to run 10. The only wire Knu has in 8 gauge is the KLMX power wire. Is this wire ok to run to the speakers themselves, or should I just stick with 10 gauge?

Also, how many feet of speaker wire would you recommend?

One more question. What brand/size speaker wire would be sufficient? I was thinking going with Knu on this one. I've read that 8 gauge wire is best for subs, while I've also seen you're supposed to run 10. The only wire Knu has in 8 gauge is the KLMX power wire. Is this wire ok to run to the speakers themselves, or should I just stick with 10 gauge?

8 gauge wire for the subs??? That's power wire man. Knu 12ga should be perfectly fine. Unless I'm misunderstanding the question lol

8 gauge wire for the subs??? That's power wire man. Knu 12ga should be perfectly fine. Unless I'm misunderstanding the question lol

Yeah, I've seen where people run 8 gaue to their sub. Wasn't too sure.

How about length of speaker wire that will be necessary? I was thinkink 7-10 feet of each color (One for positive, one for negative).

8 gauge can be used for subs but depending on your wiring configuation it can be difficult to get 2 runs into one connector on the sub. 10 - 12 gauge is fine for most setups.

I would say that you will have about 20' left over out of 50' of 1/0 doing a normal install w/ the big 3 unless you go around the rear bumper getting to the amp.

Soundsagoot thanks guys :drink40:

How about the length question?

Take out the measuring tape and measure and buy a few foot more. :)

(you didn't even stated what suv..)

2 10guage wires fit in the connectors fi audio uses. :)

Edited by kirill007

8 gauge can be used for subs but depending on your wiring configuation it can be difficult to get 2 runs into one connector on the sub. 10 - 12 gauge is fine for most setups.

I would say that you will have about 20' left over out of 50' of 1/0 doing a normal install w/ the big 3 unless you go around the rear bumper getting to the amp.

Agreed, 8ga wire would a be a beotch to stuff in a sub terminal :D

To guesstimate, I usually just run a tape front bumper to back bumper and add a couple feet to compensate for the turns and such of your wires routing. 10-14 awg wire should be plenty for your subs(I use 12-14 for up to 1500 rms, it might support even more, idk), 14 is plenty for mids/highs unless you're running a shitload of power to them. I buy my speaker wire from monoprice.com

in my navi

from the front to the back is about 18ft

i bought 25ft since you get a better deal

if your going to run power and ground all the way back, plus big 3

then yea 50ft would be more than enough.

weldingsupply.com is good stuff