Sign in to follow this  
ex650

fi btl n2 12 help

ok i bought a fi btl n2 a little more than a month ago i built a box spec from this web site and all was well at first...i have a brand new alt the big 3 upgrade and a soundstream 2000d and two yellow tops i tuned my amp with a o-scope and i always watch my voltage and it never drops below 13.5....but the speaker pops now on certain low notes and it doesnt do it all the time....is there something wrong with the sub??? im not a pro but i know alot about car stereo (maybe not as much as most of yall) but it ohms out just fine and i never run it hard for very long....and when i checked the power going into is it was 1237 watts @1 ohm.....any advice would help cause i dont want to hurt the sub and its out of my car now

Sounds like your amplifier is clipping, the more this happens, it could end up blowing your subwoofer if the amp keeps going into protect. Recheck to if you wired it correctly. You may just want to purchase a new amplfiier. I had one of those Soundstream 2000d and never had a problem, but i did have to solder the power wire into place since the terminal cracked previously to buying it.

Are you sure it was not the song you played that was sending a clipped signal? This happened to me when I got my btl.

..turn the subsonic filter up

Are you sure it was not the song you played that was sending a clipped signal? This happened to me when I got my btl.

I have found a few songs that clip too, but usually its the ones I hate anyhow.

..turn the subsonic filter up

^ This is probably the most useful thing to do. Damn I need to get on Nick's level.

it does it on most songs that have a constant note...ive had it out for a lil while and the subsonic filter was at around 40 hz and it only goes up to 50 hz...im thinking of buying a new amp..what would be a good match for this sub???...i used the box cut sheet on the forum here and i have enough jucie for a amp...but i normally run around 14.6 on the max for voltage

Sign in to follow this