Dutchie.

I don't want to lose lower notes

I currently have two Fi SSD 15's being powered by an Audioque 2200d. The output and accuracy of these speakers is amazing, but I feel it is time for a new system to toy with, so they will be going up for sale soon. Also, the box that they are in is slightly too large for my vehicle, so the configuration had to be sub up, port up. I am looking to do four 12's in about 6 ft^3 with a sub up, port back configuration. The only concern I have is losing the low notes. I absolutely love them and play a lot of slowed or chopped and screwed music. The 15's are tuned to 30hz and that is probably where the 12's will be tuned to. I am looking into four sa-12's, but am still keeping my options open. What subs/configuration/etc. would you recommend from experience?

The vehicle is a 1993 Range Rover LWB with a 220amp alternator, 1/0 big three, and the second battery will be put in when I get home. It's a 35ah Shuriken. My voltage doesn't drop below 13 volts as it is, so electrical should be okay.

As far as goals, this system will just be a daily beater. Looking for something musical that can tap into the lower not spectrum, and also doing this box with aeroports just for fun.

Edited by Dutchie.

When I had my IA lethal injection it killed the low notes in a box tuned to 32 hz. I'd imagine 4 would be awesome!

Edited by ulrisa

My 12inch bl's make people shit them self's when they hear the lows!!! and my sa-8's in my sedan sound amazing for bass!

You wont be disappointed it will bring the kick as long as the box is designed correclty!

Thanks for the input! There are two Lethal Injection 12's for sale pretty close to me that I was looking at earlier, but I won't be buying anything until the 15's are sold and I am home. It looks like the 12's are going to be a go! :)

Another option : get (2) 15" BTLs and a second amp like yours ! you would love that setup !

Be sure to build a serious box for the subs, with enough bracings. It need to be strong with several woofers.

:morepower1::morepower1:

4 Skar 12s?

They dig lower than the SAs IMO

I did think about this. It depends on what presents itself first.

Another option : get (2) 15" BTLs and a second amp like yours ! you would love that setup !

Be sure to build a serious box for the subs, with enough bracings. It need to be strong with several woofers.

:morepower1::morepower1:

I wish I could, trust me, but it would be a little over the budget for now.

4 Skar vvx12s on that 2200d would be legit. My brother has 2 of them running at 4 ohms off a hifonics bxi1606d rated 550 rms @ 4ohm on all stock electrical and it's pretty loud already (for about 500 watts anyway), we're waiting on DC Power to build his alt then we'll see what they do at 1 ohm.

If you were to stick with the SSDs but go to 12s, in the box you described, it would still kill the lows no problem.

:sleepwerd4: phi's got a great suggestion there

Just curious, what's the budget for the 4 12''s?

Just curious, what's the budget for the 4 12''s?

Right around $600

If you were to stick with the SSDs but go to 12s, in the box you described, it would still kill the lows no problem.

This is true, and I did not think about this. I'll definitely be on the lookout for some SSD's too.

Edited by Dutchie.

That's not much to spend on 4 woofers. ]

What's wrong with the current 15"s?

That's not much to spend on 4 woofers. ]

What's wrong with the current 15"s?

Getting bored of them. I like to change things up a bit. Also, I would prefer a sub up/port back instead of sub up/port up. With the 15's, I have no room to do this.

Edited by Dutchie.

the vvx-10s are on preorder right now, 4 of 'em for $480 shipped, might wanna look into that if you're just looking to change things up and try something new on a budget. :ughdunno:

the vvx-10s are on preorder right now, 4 of 'em for $480 shipped, might wanna look into that if you're just looking to change things up and try something new on a budget. :ughdunno:

Leaning towards 12's, but that is a great deal.

All great suggestions, really. Only problem I see is that 4 12's are going to use as much space, if not more than 2 15's due to the extra space taken by the 2 extra motors. If space was a problem with the 2 15's I fail to see how 4 12's are going to gain you anything except a skint more cone area. Just kind of stands to reason to me that you'll still have problems porting to the rear. Now going the route of 4 10's would still yield great output, still hand out the low notes, and be much more reasonable on the required space. Just my .02

All great suggestions, really. Only problem I see is that 4 12's are going to use as much space, if not more than 2 15's due to the extra space taken by the 2 extra motors. If space was a problem with the 2 15's I fail to see how 4 12's are going to gain you anything except a skint more cone area. Just kind of stands to reason to me that you'll still have problems porting to the rear. Now going the route of 4 10's would still yield great output, still hand out the low notes, and be much more reasonable on the required space. Just my .02

I reasoned that running four 12's would yield less space, but I see what you're saying with the volume the motors use. I was actually planning on inverting them, so the motors wouldn't use box space, and I could run them in 6-7 ft^3, which would be smaller and work with the space I have. I'll definitely think about this though, because four 10's would be a better deal. Just gotta work with the dimensions.

I reasoned that running four 12's would yield less space, but I see what you're saying with the volume the motors use. I was actually planning on inverting them, so the motors wouldn't use box space, and I could run them in 6-7 ft^3, which would be smaller and work with the space I have. I'll definitely think about this though, because four 10's would be a better deal. Just gotta work with the dimensions.

you are covered :morepower1:

What suppose you went with two beefy 12s? With a $600 budget you could get something like two Bl 12s which would kill the lows like you want, you would have more than enough space, and you could power them just fine with the 2200d. Just a thought

check your PMs bossman

ABSOLUTELY DO NOT PM pricing on here, I don't care if you know Kevin or not, team or not. Do not do that, EVER!!!! The SSA store pays for the majority of the SSA forum expenses, and to use it to under cut the SSA store that pays to keep the site on line, is beyond not appropriate. This is your ONLY warning, IP/Permabann will follow. Not kidding at all. We had a serious issue with this in the past with other brands. It will not be tolerated, period!