Sign in to follow this  
bakedboy08@yahoo.com

Amp for Fi bl 12"??

whats up everyone. Just ordered a 12" fi bl fully loaded and was wondering what you guys think about what amp you guys would choose and would be better. Right now i have the new RF t1000bdcp. i got the dual 1 ohm which i can wire to either .5 or 2ohms. my RF puts out about 1400 watts @ 2ohms. i was thinking about maybe going with a aq2200 and wiring it to 2 ohms and would be getting around 1500 i thinking?? which amp would you guys choose??

Budget and goals with the BL?

When you jump up in power you will need to address the electrical.

Just keep the amp you have and save for electrical upgrades. You don't always need to bump up the power. RMS rating is there for a reason. You're not going to have any audible difference between 1000w or 1500w. You really shouldn't.

budget isnt really the case because i could sell the t1000 and get the aq2200 with that, electrical i have a redtop under the hood and the big 3 done, was wondering which amp would be better for my bl

the one you have now. Just keep it. AQ2200d puts 1200 @ 2 ohms so 200 watts more than your rf has no difference.

Troubleshoot it if you can. Find out why its getting hot. Voltage may be getting low, sub may be wired incorrectly and causing a very low ohm load.

Sign in to follow this