ulrisa

2 12" XCONs Sampler

Posted up a new video of the XCONs today. I wished I had gone to a better location to film, the video didn't come out like I wanted. Also, using the macro on the Zi8 is awesome! Too bad I figured it out after I filmed lol. Next time I'll use an even greater variety of music.

Enjoy!

Windshield flexes a lot, hell everything does, kinda has me wondering what mines gonna do :P

*Looks for build log on fitting carbons in doors*

Oh and I watched all 4 minutes and 2 seconds, unlike most vids. :drink40:

Seems loud as hell! :)

Windshield flexes a lot, hell everything does, kinda has me wondering what mines gonna do :P

Thanks! I'm happy it was enjoyable, I was afraid I did a horrible job on it lol.

If you haven't found it in my build log yet, it starts here http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/39469-ulrisas-volvo-s40-build/page__st__30.

Apparently the link in my sig. isn't right so thanks for making me look! lol.

Looks loud. Love the camera. what kind is it?

Kodak Zi8. My girlfriend got me one for my birthday and I'm finally putting it to use lol. Great camera all around.

I can't wait to finish sealing it off finally and get it even louder! :woot::morepower1:

Thanks! I'm happy it was enjoyable, I was afraid I did a horrible job on it lol.

If you haven't found it in my build log yet, it starts here http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/39469-ulrisas-volvo-s40-build/page__st__30.

Apparently the link in my sig. isn't right so thanks for making me look! lol.

Yeah I just did a search under build logs with your username, I never thought about doing the pod like how you did, hmm :P

I'm redoing mine, currently glassing bottom, then going to hot glue wood dowels to baffle, then wrap and glass.

fbtake2.jpg

Still deciding what to put though, these look nice: https://www.madisound.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=45_245_318&products_id=8472

Yeah I just did a search under build logs with your username, I never thought about doing the pod like how you did, hmm :P

I'm redoing mine, currently glassing bottom, then going to hot glue wood dowels to baffle, then wrap and glass.

Still deciding what to put though, these look nice: https://www.madisound.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=45_245_318&products_id=8472

Yeah it was my first glassing experience and it turned out pretty well. I'm too lazy to do tons of body filler and sanding though lol, I was too excited to get them in. I need to re-wrap them some time, but they sound so good I'm not sure if I want to touch them.

Are you going to have more than that one set of speakers? You might want to look into higher power handling or sensitivity speakers because even the AA's don't keep up with my 12"s on some songs lol. I love the way they sound though, it just worked out so well in my car.

Yeah it was my first glassing experience and it turned out pretty well. I'm too lazy to do tons of body filler and sanding though lol, I was too excited to get them in. I need to re-wrap them some time, but they sound so good I'm not sure if I want to touch them.

Are you going to have more than that one set of speakers? You might want to look into higher power handling or sensitivity speakers because even the AA's don't keep up with my 12"s on some songs lol. I love the way they sound though, it just worked out so well in my car. Not going to add horns or super tweeters either, don't need to go deaf :P

Most of the time I'll be listening at mid volume where mids should be okay, and full output for demos and what not.

Yeah it's my first time too, Be easy on me baby! :wub:

:roflmao:

Well I OG planned on 6 1/2s, made pods, then saw they hit the dash when door closed... so I took them out and threw'm away.

Then I thought about 3 4" mids. Now I'm back to 6" or 6 1/2" and just space it out a little. So I'm still not really sure what I'll end up doing.

My goal is to have some nice midbass at fairly loud volume, I'm not planning on or expecting midbass to keep up with xcons. Just going to be a well rounded system at lower to mid volumes, but turned all the way up, it'll just be bass drowning everything else out.

Are you going to have more than that one set of speakers? You might want to look into higher power handling or sensitivity speakers because even the AA's don't keep up with my 12"s on some songs lol. I love the way they sound though, it just worked out so well in my car. Not going to add horns or super tweeters either, don't need to go deaf :P

Most of the time I'll be listening at mid volume where mids should be okay, and full output for demos and what not.

Well I OG planned on 6 1/2s, made pods, then saw they hit the dash when door closed... so I took them out and threw'm away.

Then I thought about 3 4" mids. Now I'm back to 6" or 6 1/2" and just space it out a little. So I'm still not really sure what I'll end up doing.

My goal is to have some nice midbass at fairly loud volume, I'm not planning on or expecting midbass to keep up with xcons. Just going to be a well rounded system at lower to mid volumes, but turned all the way up, it'll just be bass drowning everything else out.

Yeah that's pretty much what I was going for as well. I can tell you that the AA's are great for midbass, it sounds like I have a sub in my car with my subs off :). I'm tuned in to your build, it'll be well worth the wait.

Edited by ulrisa

Very nice, Looks nice n loud, I cant wait till my box arrives to see what my Xcons can do. :drink40:

Looks really nice Sir!

Badass Subs!

Thanks! I wish they were ZCONs :P.

Yeah that's pretty much what I was going for as well. I can tell you that the AA's are great for midbass, it sounds like I have a sub in my car with my subs off :). I'm tuned in to your build, it'll be well worth the wait.

I thought about the AA mids but I'm not ready to shell out the cash to go active and get a cross over and etc. I'm going for a comp set around $200-250 and a basic 2channel amp.

I thought about the AA mids but I'm not ready to shell out the cash to go active and get a cross over and etc. I'm going for a comp set around $200-250 and a basic 2channel amp.

That will definitely be much easier and cheaper lol. I'm sure it will sound great.

Very nice, Looks nice n loud, I cant wait till my box arrives to see what my Xcons can do. :drink40:

I'll keep an eye out on your build, hope you get your box soon!

Saw that on youtube subscription updates. Looks good! :drink40: