escarado

New Numbers

Well I went to my teams shop last weekend and decided I would do a little testing with my new setup. The equipment used is a 21in warden and SAZ 3500. The vehicle is a 97 blazer. Electrical is one yellow top under the hood one extra battery in the back and 2/0 welding cable. Box is a little over 9 cubes and tuned at 40 htz. If any one would like to give feedback on how to get it louder or just comments in general everything helps. Resized to 61% (was 1024 x 768) - Click image to enlarge2011-04-02_17-51-02_310.jpg

Also that score is at the headrest because I am in Meca and the day after that score was done i hit a 149.6 I just didn't get a picture of that one but it can be proven if need be. Like I said anything helps and Thanks in advance.

:drink40:

Get a HO alt?

I cant believe I left that out I also have a Powermaster 200amp H/O alternator. Sorry about that guys. We are having a problem with the sub geting hot from magnets on up to the dustcap. I was doing a demo about an hour or so after I did my run and thats when we started to notice the sub getting warm. My amp has been set with an oscope so I really dont think its a clipping issue. And I have everything well grounded to the frame of the vehicle. Any input on this would be great. I was told at the show by someone that they think the box its in is too big. The box is built to IAs specs. The box is 36.5 wide X 30 deep X 20.5 tall. Thats the outside measurements of the box and its built out of 1.125 plywood. Port measurements are 6.75 wide X 10 deep X 18.25 tall. There is 1 45 in the box infront of the port its about 5 inches wide. So with the port and sub displacement the box should be around 9.1 cubes tuned at 40 htz. I will get pictures of the enclosure in the morning if you guys want to see how its designed if that will help with any questions. Any help would be great my Dad and I have been racking our brains trying to figure out whats going on. Sorry for the letter guys I just wanted to make sure I included all the information that I could.

Awesome numbers Bro ... Congrats !!! :drink40:

Once again thanks cableguy. lol . I'm on too many forums i think .

I'm a 21 warden in a 96 blazer as well. Can you post pics of your setup. I get a little heat on my dustcap as well. My box has a 2" fiberglass window in it and the coil never smokes or glows so that may be normal. It just depends on how the cooling system is designed from what I can tell from the many subs I've had. Like my IDmaxes where the the dustcap is used to draw out heat so its always warm after running for awhile.