sundownz

Amplifier Stock News (Announcement Inside)

The size of the NS-1 will be larger than the 4500D length-wise but it's not twice as big or anything -- I've said many times in the past that I don't like SUPER large amps for reliability, practicality, and repair cost reasons. I am estimating under 30" long right now depending on final layout considerations.

I understand the reasons for not making super large amps.

But it seems now, everybody is using the same boards for their 8k+ amps, guess they figure if one works, why not copy.

I also see a lot in that range not having a warranty, I think one company has a warrantied price and a none price.(I was quoted for each, only 100 dollars difference, which could be well worth it to the custumer).

Jake have you ever thought of selling BNIB amps without a warranty for a discounted price? Like to say your team members and such? Since a lot who compete run the amps outside the warranty limits anyways. And in this case you wouldn't have to worry about them trying to get a broke amp fixed because of user error.

Little more information for you guys...

We expect about 1500 more watts than the actual output of the SAZ-4500D on a 12v system... output section was expanded from 16 to 24 MOSFETs (same part # units) so it is extremely over-built in this regard.

I have a few more bases to cover on it but more information soon and also prototypes in the works :)

Little more information for you guys...

We expect about 1500 more watts than the actual output of the SAZ-4500D on a 12v system... output section was expanded from 16 to 24 MOSFETs (same part # units) so it is extremely over-built in this regard.

I have a few more bases to cover on it but more information soon and also prototypes in the works :)

Sounds pretty serious, as if the 4500d wasn't enough :P

About 6K and 12K with two linked?? Sweet!!!

That sounds like it is going to be a monster! 6K on a 12v system i would love to see what it will do on a 18v system!!

Are you using the buildhouse the 4500d uses now?

I would assume so since he will be utilizing the same casing. Not sure if Zenon builds anything over 5K.

Please don't answer the question if you don't know a 100% answer.

Assuming and being not sure isn't a good way to post information.

Its not like nobody here knows the answer to my question.

Also, just cause it has the same casing style doesn't mean its the same buildhouse. I'm sure Jake can build cases then send em to the buildhouse of his choice.

Please don't answer the question if you don't know a 100% answer.

Assuming and being not sure isn't a good way to post information.

Its not like nobody here knows the answer to my question.

Also, just cause it has the same casing style doesn't mean its the same buildhouse. I'm sure Jake can build cases then send em to the buildhouse of his choice.

I do know 100%!

Read the quote below!

The NS-1 will retain the build-house and casing style of the 4500D.

But you posted I assume, that's not knowing. Now if you would of posted that in your post, I wouldn't of said anything.

Maybe I should of put Jake in my post, cause I'm only really asking him.

Also, I'm pretty sure Zenon makes amps bigger than 5k. ;) I'm pretty sure they made a 7kw a few years ago, and also two 5k in one heatsink. I had a password for Zenons website, I'm not sure if it even still works or I would double check.

Yes, same factory as the 4500D.

More info... triple 1/0 inputs to efficiently handle the full current draw of max power on 18v :drink40:

Seems that factory does well with high output amp.

Will you have proto in 3 weeks? I need to email you. I got a semi favor to ask.

The size of the NS-1 will be larger than the 4500D length-wise but it's not twice as big or anything -- I've said many times in the past that I don't like SUPER large amps for reliability, practicality, and repair cost reasons. I am estimating under 30" long right now depending on final layout considerations.

Verified the length will be ~28.5" or so -- so it's really not a whole lot physically larger than the 4500D (which is quite large already, especially in width as we do not stand our FETs up vertically).

Sweet! Not much bigger at all!

I love the clamp downs vs. clips as it looks to be more reliable.

please, more info!!!! lol

Any more info?

Also will they be available in the uk?

Any more info?

Also will they be available in the uk?

When in stock our UK distributor can get any item we have.

I will post up more information once samples arrive of the NS-1

How's pricing going to compare?

It would be nice if price didn't increase. ;)

I'd probably buy one that way.

It's definitely going to cost more -- power is climbing significantly.

I dont get something tho

Let say this NS-1 is 6k, and with the 4500D discontinued, there will be a huge hole in between the 3500D and the NS-1.

Will something actually fill in between?

I dont get something tho

Let say this NS-1 is 6k, and with the 4500D discontinued, there will be a huge hole in between the 3500D and the NS-1.

I wouldnt say a huge hole, personally the 4500Ds were for competitors really. So in reality going from a 3500 - 4500 watt amp wasnt really a plus. Dont get me wrong they were selling but for their target audience they were geared at the demand for more power is needed daily. A 6k or 7k watt would be a hit for any amplifier company these days. Just my .02

I dont get something tho

I wouldnt say a huge hole, personally the 4500Ds were for competitors really. So in reality going from a 3500 - 4500 watt amp wasnt really a plus. Dont get me wrong they were selling but for their target audience they were geared at the demand for more power is needed daily. A 6k or 7k watt would be a hit for any amplifier company these days. Just my .02

Hmmmm

Didnt think about that, seems reasonable.

True, the audience for 4500D were mostly hardcore competitors so it makes more sense to ditch the 4500 and go for more power since thats what these audience looks for.