Sign in to follow this  
dbsupra

Soundstream Rubicon 2.250

I need a new 2 channel to drive some 6.5"s in the doors. I need something on the small side and not looking to spend a lot. Mind you I don't want some Walmart brand $30 specials either.

Anyway, back in the day I had a Soundstream Lil' Wonder amp. Loved that thing to death. I know several of the bigger companies back when I got into car audio (late 80's ish) have really gone downhill in terms of build and quality.

I came across a Rubicon 2.250 that will fit the space requirements and the power I need. Not familar with anything they have made in the past few years. Are they still pretty decent?

Not looking to compete or anything like that. Just looking for something to better drive my speakers (60wrms/120wpk) than deck power. Don't need any bleeding ears, just some clean sound.

Thanks!

I don't know enough about the new SoundStream yet to speak on them, but they seem to have a number of happy customers. Sundown's SAX-125.2 is a very tried and true 2 channel amp and the Stetsom TH2120 is a pretty nice deal. If they don't interest you, Zapco has the ST2, pretty small chassis amp and comes from an excellent brand, if you can find a REF 200.2 or AG200.2 used, that would be awesome also. I am a PG fan too, and here are two very good options for the money:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Phoenix-Gold-Xenon-100-2-2-Ch-Amplifier-X100-2-300Watts-/290532660628?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item43a5189594

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Phoenix-Gold-RSd250-2-Car-2-Channel-Amplifier-Amp-/300542480966?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item45f9ba5246#ht_1816wt_1139

All i know the old soundstream was usa built.

The Sundown SAX-125.2 is a great amp.

No experience with new Soundstream but there are other members that run them and I have not heard anything bad about them.

Audiopipe get's alot of good reviews from members who run them.

Thanks for the help!

I looked at some of the other amps mentioned, and they are a little big in size or what I want to spend or both. I may look into one of these for one of my other cars.

I really do miss being able to buy directly from the mfg. Retail pricing sucks lol.