inkfx

15s in the DTS

Indeed! Once I start reworking my frontstage I'll give you a holler. I just dont know what I'd do with the extra set of tweeters since I'd be using it as a rear fill. I dont wan't to modify my doors at all. I'd like to do straight drop-ins if possible. I also need to pick up a Sundown 125.2 or similar. I may even be able to cram a pair of Neo 8s in the rear door, who knows. Trial and error FTW! I'd love to have a full Sundown Caddy.

Alright guys so sorry I held you up on the inverting of the subs but here it is.

First up a couple more shots of the Nightshades.

imag0051b.jpg

imag0052l.jpg

Getting the first sub into position and screwed down. Flipping these upside down was a reminder on how heavy these beasts are!

imag0053vx.jpg

2nd sub kind of in place, took a quick second to catch my breath and snap a photo.

imag0054yj.jpg

2nd sub locked in position and ready to be wired up!

imag0055ap.jpg

Mmmmmmm Sundown motors. mmmmmmm

imag0056um.jpg

Last side shot here didnt come out to well but whatever, I'm posting it anyway because I know how much you guys love pics.

imag0057sp.jpg

I must say that inverting them made a noticeable difference. I really did not expect that. The subs "hit" sounds much more profound now. My friend told me it sounds like something is trying to come out of my trunk but all I could say is I need :morepower1: . Hopefully in the next few weeks here I can get this SAZ-1500D sold and get set up to purchase a SAZ-3000D or SAZ-3500D. I was looking at the SAZ-2500D as well but I think I rather go a bit bigger and spend a little more than regret it later, so that's my game plan. I hope yall enjoy the pics!

cool pics, way to show off the chrome baskets on the OG Nightshades

That caddy must have one monster of a trunk to be able to fit two inverted 15's. It's looking good though

cool pics, way to show off the chrome baskets on the OG Nightshades

Thanks. The HTC Inspire can take some decent pics when you get the hang of the focus. My wiring job was kind of ugly but the size of these things are enough to not notice. lol

That caddy must have one monster of a trunk to be able to fit two inverted 15's. It's looking good though

Yeah the trunk is definitely a good size. I still need to get a new box build going as I'm not super happy with the current one. It works and sounds good, I just know it could be better. After having them inverted, I'm re-thinking how I want to go about the new build.

damn it i miss them already!!!!

yeah i figured that box is so tiny any air space saved on displacement would help in a huge way..as soon as you put some real power that box is OUTATHEEE

o yeah did you insure that the surround cleared the box while installing??

looking good how about some pics with the box layed down.....

That's nuts lol your trunk hates you. :morepower1:

Looking good. Are you going to take it out the Heatwave show in Austin next month?

damn it i miss them already!!!!

yeah i figured that box is so tiny any air space saved on displacement would help in a huge way..as soon as you put some real power that box is OUTATHEEE

o yeah did you insure that the surround cleared the box while installing??

looking good how about some pics with the box layed down.....

Yeah I went over to the shop I got it done at and asked them what if I blow the box apart. They assured me that would be impossible. :roflmao: They were so confident that they told me if anything happens to the box due to the bass they would build me something new. Real funny part is, the front baffle is already starting to separate from the box. I noticed small gaps forming when I was doing the remounting. I have the next two days off so I'll most likely go over there tomorrow and talk to them some more.

The surround clearing was my major concern. I spent about 30 minutes poking around and listening to see if I could spot any issues and didn't see one.

The box is leaning forward now that the subs are inverted. I guess that's what 130lbs+ of subwoofers will do. :dancing:

That's nuts lol your trunk hates you. :morepower1:

I'll get real hate from my trunk when the power and box size increase. The back of my ride already sits lower due to the weight of the subs alone, even with my auto-leveling rear suspension. :ohnoes9:

Looking good. Are you going to take it out the Heatwave show in Austin next month?

I really, really, really want to. I'm supposed to work that weekend but I'm trying to get the days off. I have a week of paid vacation coming up and if all goes as planned I will be completely free from the 20th-27th.

I really, really, really want to. I'm supposed to work that weekend but I'm trying to get the days off. I have a week of paid vacation coming up and if all goes as planned I will be completely free from the 20th-27th.

Uh, that was 2 too many "really's". Really. :| Well, the show lands on the 22nd thru the 24th. If you can make it, shoot for Saturday the 23rd. I'd like to see as many members there as possible. :fing34: