Sign in to follow this  
An-i-no

In need of a fairly large 2 channel.

I'm working my Audioque 4x90 to death. I need a big 2 channel to temporarily run my 2 SA-12's. The only thing I come across that really catches my interest are Rockford's. The New P500-2, older P550.2 and T3002 are serious dopeness. I'm not worried about a subsonic because they're sealed for the time being. I don't mind not being able to give them 750-800 per but I do want to give them atleast 250 each. I was looking at the Sundown 125.2 but I don't know just how much it does at 4ohm bridged.

Oh and I'm not worried about the money I'm spending on this amp and spent on the sealed box cuz they'll both go into my gf's car when she gets it. When I do get a mono it'll be somewhere in the 3k range for 4 SA-12's.

(Rant starts here :peepwall: )

WTF happened to these massive 2 channels? I'm looking at old discontinued Rockford and Hifonics and they have 400x2's, 850x2's and 1kx2's!!! The old Power series 2 channels are 2 ohm stable bridged and some others are even 1ohm stable bridged! I came into the game too late, I would've definitely jumped on those. One of these big Rockford 2 channels has a damn MINI ANL ONBOARD FUSE....I've NEVER seen that ever...I guess they didn't sell, or people figured out how to wire several subs to a single mono. Oh well.

Sundown SAX-200.4 :ughdunno:

Hot damn I forgot a budget!!!

$300 Max please!!! Oh and I'd rather have a 2 channel at 4 ohm mono because If I had a 4 channel I couldn't get the impedance right with Dual 4's.

Wait... you lost me. You have d4 sa-12's right? Why do you want to run them at 4 ohms instead of 1 ohm? Especially if you're going to buy a monoblock later...

I'm working my Audioque 4x90 to death. I need a big 2 channel to temporarily run my 2 SA-12's. The only thing I come across that really catches my interest are Rockford's. The New P500-2, older P550.2 and T3002 are serious dopeness. I'm not worried about a subsonic because they're sealed for the time being. I don't mind not being able to give them 750-800 per but I do want to give them atleast 250 each. I was looking at the Sundown 125.2 but I don't know just how much it does at 4ohm bridged.Oh and I'm not worried about the money I'm spending on this amp and spent on the sealed box cuz they'll both go into my gf's car when she gets it. When I do get a mono it'll be somewhere in the 3k range for 4 SA-12's.(Rant starts here :peepwall: )WTF happened to these massive 2 channels? I'm looking at old discontinued Rockford and Hifonics and they have 400x2's, 850x2's and 1kx2's!!! The old Power series 2 channels are 2 ohm stable bridged and some others are even 1ohm stable bridged! I came into the game too late, I would've definitely jumped on those. One of these big Rockford 2 channels has a damn MINI ANL ONBOARD FUSE....I've NEVER seen that ever...I guess they didn't sell, or people figured out how to wire several subs to a single mono. Oh well.

Sundown SAX-200.4 :ughdunno:
Hot damn I forgot a budget!!!$300 Max please!!! Oh and I'd rather have a 2 channel at 4 ohm mono because If I had a 4 channel I couldn't get the impedance right with Dual 4's.

lol.... :peepwall:

I will look into Audiopipe.

If I have a two channel and run them at 4 ohms bridged I'll get the most power out of the amp. If I have a 4 channel I'll have to wire each coil to 4 ohms on each channel. That's less cost effective, I checked.

Lol I wasn't clear. I anticipated people saying that I'm wasing money on the sealed box and this amp I wanna buy but It's really only temporary. I didn't mean "fuck a budget" lol.

EDIT: Multiquote gave me a headache. All replies are in order lol

Edited by An-i-no

I was looking at the Sundown 125.2 but I don't know just how much it does at 4ohm bridged.

Rated for 400w.

But if you can get a 4ohm load, you can also achieve a 1ohm load. So why not just simplify life and get a mono amp?

I was looking at the Sundown 125.2 but I don't know just how much it does at 4ohm bridged.

Rated for 400w.

But if you can get a 4ohm load, you can also achieve a 1ohm load. So why not just simplify life and get a mono amp?

Here goes my semi-retarded answer.

I've been shopping for a few weeks and the best deals I come across are 2 channel amps. The mono's that I do come across that fit my price range aren't 1 ohm stable and make next to no power (compared to the 2 channels) at 4 ohm. Of course I could just do a AP1500/1800 or a Soundstream Rubicon 1.1600 for cheap power but I'm more interested in the 2 channel for what I might do in the future. It could turn into a front stage amp, I'm not quite sure yet. A mono can only be a mono which is what's driving me away from them.

EDIT: When I mean best deals I mean around 175-200 shipped, whereas a ohe ohm stable mono of the same power range is 230+. This excludes Audiopipe, Soundstream, and some other's I'm sure, but they're just not what I'm looking for.

Edited by An-i-no

Crescendo has a sale on their 1000c4, $195 shipped. It will do 500x2@4ohm.

Hot damn that's what I'm talkin about.

Fudge...just did math in my head and I don't have the coils for that. Dummy me.

Edited by An-i-no

Hot damn that's what I'm talkin about.

Still does you no good. Its a four channel amp.

Don't have any experience but I'd be curious on these, although a little out of your price range.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18880_Boston-Acoustics-GT-2300.html

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-8622-gt-2200-boston-acoustics-2-channel-900w-gt-series-amplifier.aspx