SteveCasbeer_18115

The Newb to SSA

Hey guys my name is Steve and I am new to the SSA scene. Iv been into car audio for as long as I can remember. I have always had a stereo myself and enjoy helping friends with theirs. Was looking to buy a Sundown-SAX1200 for my W6's. Bought one from SSA and found the SSA forums so I though I would join up and introduce myself :) The sundown will be replacing my Orion 600D so I cant wait to hear the difference in power! Im glad to be here and joining a great community!

Thanks, Steve

:WELCOME: to the forum! Good choice on amp as well.

:WELCOME:

Welcome

What part of PA?

Welcome to SSA Steve. Your order is processed, and as soon as we have tracking, we will update you. :)

Welcome

What part of PA?

I dont mean to confuse people aparently I made two account and I got confused with the facebook login thing haha. I am very close to you though. I live outside of Williamsport :)

Welcome to SSA Steve. Your order is processed, and as soon as we have tracking, we will update you. :)

Awesome. I will be honest I didnt expect you to jump into my new thread haha. Awesome though thank you. I cant wait to receive the amp. I hear nothing but good things about Sundown and its nice to support a growing business with great products!

Thank you all for the welcome party. Glad to be here :thanx:

Edited by casbeer87

Cool maybe we can get together at some point.

Cool maybe we can get together at some point.

Yea that would be awesome. I was hoping to get my system where I wanted it for this summer and maybe take it to some shows for some SQ stuff but iv got no idea or have no done anything like that before. Iv just kinda been a lone wolf around here doin my own thing. I dont have to many friends that are into the stereo scene. Would also be great to get someones opinion, tips and ideas towards my system that's got experience. Be nice to get some criticism as well :)

Edited by casbeer87

Same here. My truck draws some attention when I turn it up. I plan on upgrading my subs here in a couple of months.

Haha I have no doubt that it does. Gota love that bass :woot: I just work with what iv got. I am not even close to being the loudest but I always provide the challenge for people to sound better than my stereos as a whole. I love crazy bass I just like my music with it as well lol. Im thinking another $1000 into mine and ill have it where I like it. My biggest problem is I cant seem to find any H.O. alts for my 2004 Sentra and thats probably what ill be needing after the addition of the Sundown to my system.

Edited by casbeer87

You may not need an ho alt. Maybe just an extra battery. Have you heard of spookhaven haunted house?

You may not need an ho alt. Maybe just an extra battery. Have you heard of spookhaven haunted house?

Right now my lights dim and I only have 600rms split between the two W6's also with my 4-channel pulling 320rms. I didn't plan on running a second battery but I suppose that's a possibility for sure. I would def. need help in choosing the right battery isolator and what not. I would still feel a lot more comfortable with more amperage from a better alt though. I thought I killed it the one night because it just kept making a whining noise and pulsing my headlights randomly. Only did it then and I haven't experienced it since so I got no idea what it was up to.

I have heard of it but I have never been to it or even attempted to find it for some reason. I guess im no fun haha.

Have you tried putting a larger battery under the hood? I am guessing your alt is very small.

I was just curious.

Have you tried putting a larger battery under the hood? I am guessing your alt is very small.

I was just curious.

Yea I used to have the factory battery in there lol. Iv got a bigger one that did help on the dimming but it still does it. I was thinking of droppin a Kinetik HC1400 in there (biggest size that will fit up front). I believe my alt is 110 amp. I would have to look it up again.

All I use are carquest agm batteries. 3 total.

Nem seems lonely... but he didn't invite me to his house!!!

Nem seems lonely... but he didn't invite me to his house!!!

All SSA members are welcome to come and visit anytime. I am always willing to show how things work and how the show is put on. :)

When does your house open for business? Or is that only during Halloween season?

Welcome! :eek5wavey: