bakedboy08@yahoo.com

Got my Fi bl but something wrong??

ok so i got my bl today, i ordered the dual 1 ohm and wired it up in series to get a 2ohm load. I have a RF t1000bdcp which puts out 1400 watts at 2ohms. so i went to hook it up and play it with the gain set half way no bass boost and the infrasonic filter is set at 28hz with a box tuning of 33hz at 2.5cbft. When i turned it on to play it you can barely even hear it?? I dont know whats wrong but i had a power acoustik 10 in there before and it hit waaayy harder then my new bl. I know i wired it up right i hooked up a wire from neg on one side to pos on other side, then pos to amp pos and neg to amp neg. Can someone please help me out on what could be wrong i just dont understand i thought these were suppose to be louder then the 12w7s??

Ummm.... was the RF amp just installed or was that there with your previous subwoofer setup?

Are your hpf and lpf set right? Also... subsonic filter is supposed to be set 2-3 lower than box tuning. :)

Edited by swagger_wagon468

Are you sure you have the voice coils wired correctly? If you have one out of phase from the other it will barely make a sound at all.

It sounds like that is the problem to me, you really should triple check to be sure. Just my .02

Probably have a coil wired out of phase..if you play it for much longer like that you'll end up roasting the coils.

Triple check your wiring.

med_gallery_40_461_3516.jpg

yea thats how i have it wired but like its just not that loud like my door speakers over power it, do they have to break in first or should it be alot louder cuz my w7 was waaayyy louder off the same amp

Something HAS to be wired wrong, plain and simple. If I want them to my Q's can run right over the top of my components anytime at volumes low enough that you can barely even notice them moving, and if I had the BL's it would be even more of an issue. The sub will get plenty loud, don't worry about that, but you really really really need to check all your wiring cuz something just isn't right.

How's the cone excursion? Few mm? Alot?

checked the wires again and they are all perfectly wired, the cone movement is barely anything, im thinking maybe its the amp orsomething i mean cuz i know it should be alot louder then what it is

it's apparent it's not out of phase.

do this- BUT DO NOT LEAVE IT LIKE THIS!-

Turn gain clockwise all the way.

Turn LOW PASS FILTER clockwise all the way

Turn SUBSONIC FILTER counter-clockwise all the way

UNPLUG ANY remote knob coming from the amp.

Tell us what happens.

You run a risk of destroying the sub by leaving your amp like this if and only if it really starts to get loud.

What i need to know is if it gets considerably louder, like a LOT louder...

IF it is, it's your settings or the remote knob on the amp set wrong.

Check the sub settings on your headunit and check the settings on your amp. The headunit usually has a feature to turn your subs up or down and they may be turned down. Make sure you are sending the correct frequency range to it I'm sure you will be looking from a subsonic filter set to 30hz up to anywhere from 60-100hz. The gain knob needs to be adjusted to the headunit.. it may need to be turned up to 3/4 of the way depending on the signal coming from the headunit. If you have a dmm then I would check to make sure you are getting the correct ohm load to the amp. you could also check the voltage you are getting out of the amp to see if it is from the sub or the amp.

Dang.. I was definitely late. Shizzzon has good advice just make sure you have it turned down before doing this.

Edited by Miller

leave it on then, do not turn it off

it has been on, just dont know what to do cuz all the settings seem to be where they should i thought these were suppose to be louder then the w7, when i sold my w7 the guy pulled it out of my car and hooked it up in his and it was sooo much louder then in my car and he had a jl 1000 and mine was ran off of my rf t1000bdcp, so idk if tis my amp or not but the amp is brand new, maybe there just not that good?? idk cuz its rf's best series 1000watt amp so i really dont know what it is.

Put a 30Hz note in it, turn the volume up a little less then halfway..make video of sub moving...upload to youtube...post here.

don't make all of us drive to california and diagose the problem with all this cheap gas prices goin on right now..

on some mono block amps it says to wire the sub on the outside positive and negative terminals does fi test the subs before they ship

i dont know what magnatized is, iv figured out that when i go on my deck and turn on the loud to low is gets alot louder, im not sure if its just not enough gain going to it or not but i have the gain half way and bass boost off, i wish i knew the max of the sub so i can see if i just need to turn it up more or not, but some songs just sounded like crap when turned up more then half, is it safe with the loud set to low?? it does sound like its gettin better but i know it could do so much more, just dont know if its safe to turn it up more or not, really wish i knew someone that knows alot about stereos but i dont know anyone and the stereo shops just say the settings look fine but that doesnt help me