bakedboy08@yahoo.com

Got my Fi bl but something wrong??

Low pass is to cut the higher notes out so for you sub and that would be the frequency knob on the amp. you just have the high pass and low pass switched around in your mind. According to the pioneer site you have a low pass filter on the cd player and it should be accessible through the sub button on the headunit. Check your ipod seetings and the eq on that because if you have bass reducer on then you may be hearing a large decrease in sub output. Just turn your ipod eq to off.

alright ill check some stuff out and play with it while im at work cuz i drive for a living and ill get back to you guys when i get off, i really really appreciate everyone trying to help me its nice to have people to talk to about this stuff cuz where im at theres really knowbody with subs that i know except for the stereo shop and you guys know how that goes haha

im thinking maybe i have both amp and headunit lpf set on but would that make a huge difference? how do i just use my headunit lpf should i turn the amp one all the way or all the way down?

Turn the one on your amp as high as it goes so everything below that is passing through and turn the one on your headunit to whichever frequency you want it at. I think you can adjust the slope too so mess around with those until you get the idea of where you want it and where it sounds good to you.

alright ill see but i dont think that has anything to do with the output, also on the back of the bl theres that thing that says custom car audio, thats supposed to stay on right haha?? just a quick question

ok haha just wanted to clear that up, trying to minimize everything i can that might be wrong, im guessing its either my old headunit or my amp, man i wish i would stop having stereo problems lol

At least you are able to get some advise here. Let us know what you find out and hopefully you can get everything back and running like you want it to be.

ok cool and thank you everyone ill be back in a few hours to let you know if i have achieved twice output with clean sound hehe, hoping i dont have to buy a new deck cuz this one is pretty old

Most headunits now have built subwoofer level you should have that turned all the way and you should have the gain on the amp turned wide open.

1) unhook sub wire from amp

2) us a double A or a 6 volt battery and tap each end of wire to battery terminal, positive wire to positive terminal and negative wire to negative terminal.

3) sub should move out.

A)If sub moves out then you have other problems.

B)If sub does not move out go to step 4

4) remove sub from enclosure and repeat step 2 on each individual coil.

A)each coil should make the sub move out.

B)if each coil does not make the sub move out you have a broke woofer.

ALSO WHILE THE SUB IS OUT MAKE SURE THE RED POSITIVE TERMINAL ON EACH COIL IS ON THE LEFT. These subs are hand made and it is possible the terminals could be backwards making the sub out of phase if you wired + to + and - to -

I order a btl last year some time an when I recieved it I had alot of problems like you! It end up not being magnetized, idk if you tryed to put anything metal near to see if it will pull it in or not but it's worth a try! They don't have that problem very often but they will take care of the problem for you if that's it!

Most headunits now have built subwoofer level you should have that turned all the way and you should have the gain on the amp turned wide open.

ummm iv never heard of that?? Do you have a logic explenation for this?

so if metal does stick to the magnet then is that good or is that bad cuz metal does stick to it

If metal does stick to it, that means your speaker is magnetized. Do NOT turn the sub setting all the way and crank the gain wide open.

I would test each coil independently using the battery method mentioned above.

I think everyone is over looking the real problem. He just set his gain halfway, with no testing whatsoever. He said it got louder when he turned up his gain but he didn't think he should have to do that. He has a 2V HU, he'll need to turn the gain up pretty high for that..

This should end the thread right here... TURN UP YOUR GAIN.

I think everyone is over looking the real problem. He just set his gain halfway, with no testing whatsoever. He said it got louder when he turned up his gain but he didn't think he should have to do that. He has a 2V HU, he'll need to turn the gain up pretty high for that..

This should end the thread right here... TURN UP YOUR GAIN.

Perhaps, but that wouldn't explain why his previous drivers were WAY louder with the same gain setting, unless they were wired differently...

ok guys i think iv solved the problem, the reason i havnt wanted to turn up the gains was because it just sounded like it was being stressed and sounded like crap, the reason why i think is because on my amp i had the lpf set at 80hz ok, then i just found out today that my h/u has a lpf also and was set at 100hz, so if im right that would equal 180hz, because alright i cant turn off both completely but i turned my h/u to 50 and then my amp to 65 and it sounded soo much better i think cuz it was letting all those midbass notes into it cuz it really didnt sound right, but now that i turned my h/u to 50 i would feel soo much better turning the gains up because it sounds real clean. i was playing lil jon lovers and friends and before it wasnt gettin those bottom notes it was just winging the high bass notes i can hear in my door speakers, so im guessing i need a new h/u with higher preouts and be able to turn off the lpf on it

I order a btl last year some time an when I recieved it I had alot of problems like you! It end up not being magnetized, idk if you tryed to put anything metal near to see if it will pull it in or not but it's worth a try! They don't have that problem very often but they will take care of the problem for you if that's it!

A speaker is electromagnetically driven, if there is no magnetism, it won't work, period. He IS getting sound form the woofer.

ok guys i think iv solved the problem, the reason i havnt wanted to turn up the gains was because it just sounded like it was being stressed and sounded like crap, the reason why i think is because on my amp i had the lpf set at 80hz ok, then i just found out today that my h/u has a lpf also and was set at 100hz, so if im right that would equal 180hz, because alright i cant turn off both completely but i turned my h/u to 50 and then my amp to 65 and it sounded soo much better i think cuz it was letting all those midbass notes into it cuz it really didnt sound right, but now that i turned my h/u to 50 i would feel soo much better turning the gains up because it sounds real clean. i was playing lil jon lovers and friends and before it wasnt gettin those bottom notes it was just winging the high bass notes i can hear in my door speakers, so im guessing i need a new h/u with higher preouts and be able to turn off the lpf on it

Not sure what slopes are used on your amp and headunit, guessing 24dB...

Any way, if the lpf on the head unit was set to 100hz then it was reducing the amplitude of anything higher then 100hz being sent to the subwoofer. Then your amp's lpf was set to 80hz and was reducing the amplitude of anything higher then 80hz.

So between the two crossovers, the subwoofer would mainly be playing 80hz and below.

So hu lpf at 100hz and amp lpf at 80hz Does Not mean 180hz...

But if the lpf on the amp was set much higher then 80hz then it would have made the subwoofer play midbass frequencies, and this could of made it sound bad.

pull the sub out of the box, and take a picture of how it is wired. it still sounds like a wiring problem to me. do not disconnect any wires.

nah its really hard to get the sub out cuz its a flush mount box and iv already pulled it out twice i know for a fact its wired up right that wasnt the problem, the problem was i didnt have the gain up high enough because it sounded like crap and i wasnt comfortable turning it up anymore but now that i have the lpf on h/u at 50 hz and lpf on amp at 65 hz for some reason it sounds sooo much better and id feel comfortable with turning it up, right now im just lettin it break it but once i turn it up a lil bit ill let you guys know how it turns out. I really appreciate everyone trying to help me its awsome to know you have advise on here about your sub cuz almost all the shops around me havnt even heard of Fi before sadly haha.

Check the sub settings on your headunit and check the settings on your amp. The headunit usually has a feature to turn your subs up or down and they may be turned down. Make sure you are sending the correct frequency range to it I'm sure you will be looking from a subsonic filter set to 30hz up to anywhere from 60-100hz. The gain knob needs to be adjusted to the headunit.. it may need to be turned up to 3/4 of the way depending on the signal coming from the headunit. If you have a dmm then I would check to make sure you are getting the correct ohm load to the amp. you could also check the voltage you are getting out of the amp to see if it is from the sub or the amp.

Dang.. I was definitely late. Shizzzon has good advice just make sure you have it turned down before doing this.

Use dmm and see what your ohms are coming out of the box.