bakedboy08@yahoo.com

Got my Fi bl but something wrong??

i dont know what magnatized is, iv figured out that when i go on my deck and turn on the loud to low is gets alot louder, im not sure if its just not enough gain going to it or not but i have the gain half way and bass boost off, i wish i knew the max of the sub so i can see if i just need to turn it up more or not, but some songs just sounded like crap when turned up more then half, is it safe with the loud set to low?? it does sound like its gettin better but i know it could do so much more, just dont know if its safe to turn it up more or not, really wish i knew someone that knows alot about stereos but i dont know anyone and the stereo shops just say the settings look fine but that doesnt help me

leave loudness off it will just clip and stuff

i dont know what magnatized is, iv figured out that when i go on my deck and turn on the loud to low is gets alot louder, im not sure if its just not enough gain going to it or not but i have the gain half way and bass boost off, i wish i knew the max of the sub so i can see if i just need to turn it up more or not, but some songs just sounded like crap when turned up more then half, is it safe with the loud set to low?? it does sound like its gettin better but i know it could do so much more, just dont know if its safe to turn it up more or not, really wish i knew someone that knows alot about stereos but i dont know anyone and the stereo shops just say the settings look fine but that doesnt help me

leave loudness off it will just clip and stuff

yea but with the loudness off its like the sub isnt even playing really, i have no idea what to do cuz i know the bl should be way louder, dont really wanna put gain over half way but it doesnt hit at all without the loudness, i wish i knew the limits of the sub

leave all the EQ settings in radio at zero make sure RCA'S to amp from headunit are set to SUB OUT. I had a P1000-1bd so knobs in amp are pretty much the same, crossover at amp turn dial to about 12 o'clock and gain around 2 o'clock position and see what you notice. are you sure you have the right D1 or D2 version of sub you might be wiring to 4ohm...

just hook up ONE coil by itself see if its louder... OR take a 9 volt battery and pop test each coil touch the 9 volt with the positive on positive and negative on negative on ONE coil it sub moves outward then its right then touch it on other coil with + on + - on - and see if that coil pushes the cone out..

Turn your box around and fire the driver towards the trunk. Sounds like a cancellation issue.

You have been given many different ideas to try and all you ever come back saying is that everything seems to be set right and that you know it should be louder. Please take the advise people are giving and then come back and tell us what happens when you try them. People will be able to help you troubleshoot things but without a little help on your end the problem will never be fixed.

you should check your fuse on the amp maybe you blew it and its not getting enough current

miller i have been trying everything people have said, i turned the box around and it seemed to make it a little better, when i turn the gain all the way up it does get alot louder and i dont know where i can download a 30hz test tone to play in my car. i mean if its just the gains are set too low then the amp isnt very good cuz you shouldnt have to turn the gain up to 3/4 the way on your amp to achieve full output from a sub, when i had my jl 500/1 hooked up to my 12w7 i only had the gain up 1/4 the way and it sounded about the same as when i have the gain half way on my bl. im thinking its just the amp but is it safe to turen gain 3/4 the way up as long as sub sounds fine?

I dont mean to chime in but JL slash amps have balanced differential inputs so you dont need to turn the gain high on them whether you have 2v preouts or 4,5 volt preouts. These guys are right and they are very knowledgle. What voltage preouts do you have on your headunit and do you have the sub out on your headunit turned up all the way? Also you really need to take the peoples advice and check your wiring on the sub and the wiring to the amp. I did the same thing and wired wrong and fried a coil on my sub. BL's are really good subs, and I'm sure FI would not send you a defective sub. If the situation continues you need to contact them.

If you don't have a 30hz tone, download this, http://beta.stefanhinote.com/30hz.mp3

get the 30 hz tone from here.

What's your sub setting on your headunit set to? Try turning that up to get more preout voltage to the amp if it is set low

I'm pretty sure fi has the concept of magnetizing their motors down before sending them out so I wouldn't worry about that

yes i knwo they are very knowledgeable and i have been listening to every word they say and do it, iv checked the wires on my sub 3 times and it is perfect, the deck isnt a very good one its like 4 years old pioneer only 2 preouts not sure what volts and i dont know what you mean by is my sub out turned all the way up?

pioneers are usaully 4 volt if im correct and the gain knob is supposed to match the headunit volts so at full gain your amp is .2 v which would clip and burn out the sub why dont you wire the sub at half ohm and see what happens

Your gain knob is there to match the voltage sent out from the headunit. You may need your amp to be 5/6 of the way up while someone else only needs it 1/4th of the way up. Turn your loudness off as that is just like a bass boost just set on your headunit instead of the amp. The point of doing what shizzzon said was to see if it was your amp settings and you saying now that it gets louder when you took his advise would show that you more than likely have your settings wrong. You may need to turn your gain up or adjust some of the settings on your cd player. What model cd player do you have? Most of those can have the sub adjusted from about +6 to -25. Check to see where that is at as it should be about 0. Knowing what all the setting you have on your cd player can help us narrow down if maybe something is wrong on that.

Well that cd player has 2.2 volt preouts so your gain will have to be turned up a little bit more than the average unit now as most aren't that low so your gain may need to be turned up a bit. I thought you said you only have 2 outputs. This model has 3. Are you sure you have it plugged into the right output? I have done stupid things like that by accident before. You say hpf is off is your lpf off also? I see it has a direct sub button. When you hit that what are all your options and what are they set at?

when i sit the sub button it just pops up my bass adjustment and that is set to 0, when i do turn up the gain it does get louder but it just doesnt sound right like it hits really really hard but not too much sound, like it sounds like its gonna pop haha idk if thats just how the sub is or if its getting over loaded like i really wish could hear another bl somewhere so i know what the limits of the sub is

If I was so far away I would be happy to let you hear mine. Are you using an ipod on this? If so are you using the aux port or do you have the ipod adapter? May want to check your lpf. Maybe turn your lpf on your amp all the way up and you the one on you headunit so you know it is set right. Turn the eq settings back to zero and see what that sounds like. im not sure what frequencies it canges with low, mid, and high.

I wonder if it has a sub level thingy or is the bass?

Your amp gives more than 1000 watts at 2 Ohms ? Or at only 1 Ohms ?

Maybe you're giving the sub less than 500 watts. But it should be loud on 500 too !

Good luck !

Your amp gives more than 1000 watts at 2 Ohms ? Or at only 1 Ohms ?

Maybe you're giving the sub less than 500 watts. But it should be loud on 500 too !

Good luck !

I thought that too so I looked up the model and the new one is rated at 1000 watts at both 1 and 2 ohm and 700 watts at 4ohm. Must be a new thing Rockford is doing to get more competition in the 2 ohm market for mono amps.

I don't know if this has been checked yet, but chances are you unhooked your battery to install the amp.. right? Did you forgot to change the settings on the head unit once they have been reset

yes im using a ipod with the aux, im not sure if i have a lpf on my headunit or amp haha, on my amp theres 3 knobs 1 for gain 1 for punch eq which is the bass boost and another that says freqency hz that goes from 35 to 250, on my head unit i have a hpf but not sure where the lpf is