An-i-no

Need a tweeter.

:suicide-santa: One of my my Hertz HSK-165 tweeters came loose and I slammed it in the door... The housing cracked but it still plays. I was just wondering if there was anything I could replace it with that would work crossed at 3500 on a 12db slope? Replacement tweets are not an option. Don't need a lecture on buying authorized either. I bought these knowing there was no warranty.

Lots of options. What crossover and what form factor?

There are tons of options that can work for you. What's your budget, and how off-axis will they be?

What they said. Need more info.

Those are pretty reasonable crossover requirements, so there is going to be an abundance of options.

Oh wow. Got the pros in here. Well I'm not sure I have the concept of on and off axis yet. ON axis means pointed at me right? If so then yes, the right tweet is aimed straight at my face, the left is a little off,kinda pointed behind me to the left. I dont have enough amp channels to run active so I need them to run off of the Hertz passives, which is crossed at...yknow. I'm down for a lesson so hit me with everything.

EDIT: The passives ARE crossed at...cmon brain.

Edited by An-i-no

Not such a good idea to use another drivers passive crossovers and replace things.

If you are 100% sure that the crossover is at X frequency, based on Y impedance, and has no extra tapering/l-padding/filtering then you "could" but the likely hood of it sounding good isn't so much. You can measure the crossovers or dissect the signal path and reverse engineer them to pick a driver, but personally I'd just not use those passives and either run the set active or buy the replacements for the set.

Not such a good idea to use another drivers passive crossovers and replace things.

If you are 100% sure that the crossover is at X frequency, based on Y impedance, and has no extra tapering/l-padding/filtering then you "could" but the likely hood of it sounding good isn't so much. You can measure the crossovers or dissect the signal path and reverse engineer them to pick a driver, but personally I'd just not use those passives and either run the set active or buy the replacements for the set.

Hmmmm...I kinda expected that. While I have your attention, what makes a passive crossover different from say the high-pass on my amp? If I ran the set passive, then ran active at the same xover point, why would it make a difference? I wanna replace these with the AA Carbon set, so I wanna know before I dive into the Active Club.

Depends on the passive, the "extras" I posted above are what could make it different. You could use the passive for the mid and the active for the tweet, but that takes a 4chn amplifier then and not just 2. Passives are also very impedance dependent and actives are not.

Depends on the passive, the "extras" I posted above are what could make it different. You could use the passive for the mid and the active for the tweet, but that takes a 4chn amplifier then and not just 2. Passives are also very impedance dependent and actives are not.

Makes sense. Thanks.