sundownz

Jeep is Back... One SA-15 / 153.5 dB

Glad I didn't sell the ol' Jeep... I took a small portion of the day to actually mess around with my own setup so I don't go crazy and hate stereos *laughs*

I am building the back battery / amp rack for a forward firing SSNW setup and I was initially scared that it would hurt my scores with the Magic Box until I start on that -- of course I haven't clamped power yet... but this is the best score I've ever done with an SA-15.

What I'm using is a Dual-2 copper coil SA-15 that I used to measure T/S for the official spec sheet I made -- this one is identical to the production run due next month; which only differs from what we sell now in that it has a shorting ring and a different shape pole flare.

I am going to try another click soon but had to share this before I risked tearing the woofer up :thumbsup:

IMG-20110414-00520.jpg

IMG-20110414-00521.jpg

IMG-20110414-00519.jpg

IMG-20110414-00522.jpg

Video is in process of uploading to YouTube.

Some more photos :

CIMG4877.JPG

CIMG4878.JPG

CIMG4876.JPG

* One more click ! Sub still okay... will charge and try yet another :)

Well that is all the SA-15 has in it as it sits ! I tried another +1 and did the same 153.7 but the graph was all nasty on it.

That is all the testing I can do for today -- gotta get back to work ! I may try moving things around and whatnot next time I get a chance to work on it.

Well that is all the SA-15 has in it as it sits ! I tried another +1 and did the same 153.7 but the graph was all nasty on it.

That is all the testing I can do for today -- gotta get back to work ! I may try moving things around and whatnot next time I get a chance to work on it.

Tuned in for results. I need to do the same thing!

very nice :fing34:

very nice!!! These SA series are some serious monsters!!

Sweet, maybe I got a chance to do a decent # with 4 of these. Won't have that much power. :( Yet!!! :D

is that 2-3500 or 2-45000's?

2 3500s

45000ds would be impressive amps, period. :P

Nice numbers for a 600 watt driver, eh'? :drink40:

Nice numbers for a 600 watt driver, eh'? :drink40:

You know that's right!!!

That is plain impressive! I have no magic box for my pair but I am hoping to get some decent numbers. I will need :morepower1: though.

YouTube - Sundown Audio SA-15 7,300 watt Burp 153.6db

YouTube - Sundown Audio SA-15 7,300 outlaw burp 156db

Power was clamped this weekend -- ~7300 watts legal and Outlaw. Sub is just fine.

I was a bit worried about Outlaw as I didn't test it until that video at the show -- was not sure how it would load -- but the SA-15 proved itself again !

Yet another size of the SA series scoring points!! Over 7K pushing a 600 watt sub, Sick!!!

Yet another size of the SA series scoring points!! Over 7K pushing a 600 watt sub, Sick!!!

:trippy: :trippy: :trippy:

Wow nuts!

What frequency was that score at?

Hmm...care to share what a magic box is?

Wow nuts!

What frequency was that score at?

Hmm...care to share what a magic box is?

I believe 53hz.

Yep, 53 Hz :)

I call it the Magic Box as I've yet to put any sub in it in any vehicle that it won't do a 150 with utilizing minimal tweaking and fair power... with bigger subs it will break 150s with under 1500 watts in the Jeep and as low as 1200 watts in my CRX.

Kerfed port and rounded off edges with pvc, less turbulence or of the sort. Assuming inside edges are rounded off too :P Still impressive if you can put it in almost any vehicle and do 150s with that amount of power :drink40: