ChicoPendejo

Subwoofer decision

Ok Im torn between 2 diff. subwoofers. I have a 2010 civic coupe with about 8 cubes of trunk space i believe. I'm primarily looking into either a single FL Fi Q 15 or a Ascendant Audio Havoc 15. I'm planning on running this sub on a SAZ 1200D that im pickin up next month, electrical will be upgraded soon (big 3 bigger alt possibly & better batt.) & enclosure would be built later most likely roughly 4.5 cubes @ anywhere from 28 - 34 Htz. I cant decide which sub to get, any other suggestions would be appreciated. What I want are

1. Single sub

2. take roughly 1k rms without exploding into a fiery mess

What are you looking for in this setup? Are you looking for the louder between the two? What is your reasoning for choosing between these two options?

I thought the Fi Q and the AA Havoc were quite the same !

:peepwall:

I thought the Fi Q and the AA Havoc were quite the same !

:peepwall:

Very much so. I believe they say the Havoc has a little better low end.

Not the same really, just built by the same person. One company is dealer only (AA) and the other is open to the public to allow customers to customize their own woofers (Fi).

If you want a custome driver to your liking then go with a Fi and if you want a dealer based driver then go with AA. Its a toss up between both drivers but each fit your goals well, just flip a coin if your stuck between the two. Look under either Fi or AA's section on here and you will find a couple threads like these that will give your more information between the two drivers, they have been brought up in a comparison/contrast a few times before.

The FI Q 15 will be the cheaper of the two even if you get every option it will be cheaper, and hold a lot more power than the Havoc.

The FI Q 15 will be the cheaper of the two even if you get every option it will be cheaper, and hold a lot more power than the Havoc.

I would say the same Fi makes some great subs. :eek5wavey:

I never heard an Fi or AA sub but I can tell you my XCON 15 is a beast. It would be suitable for your enclosure and power requirements. I pound on it daily with 1800wrms. I do not have a 1800w max amp I have a 3kwp set for 1800wrms, big difference. XCON takes it all day no problems.

I just got done fixing a roof brace that the XCON vibrated until it split ;)

Fi Q fully loaded cheaper than xcon but will take your amps power.

Also I have run a pair of ssd 15s with 1100rms to each and they never even got hot smell.

Fi Q fully loaded cheaper than xcon but will take your amps power.

Also I have run a pair of ssd 15s with 1100rms to each and they never even got hot smell.

Dont mislead the op. Price was never mentioned as a factor.

dp

Edited by edouble101

Im mainly wanting the one that is better sounding musically but still loud. I also read up a little on the XCONs and those look amazing as well. As for price good ole financial aid pell grant money is paying for this (after it pays tuition 7 books ofcourse) so it doesnt really matter too much. Its just a overall hard decision coz all 3 look amazing in their own rights

Q, Havoc or Xcon ? I would go Xcon. Not saying the others are not good. I had an Icon (was in the same category as the old Q) and I change for an Xcon on the same power : I loved the change !!! The bass was heavier, louder...

The XCON is a SQ driver with great output as are the Q and Havoc.

Q = Can be customized and bought direct from Fi.

XCON = buy direct from SSA with great customer service.

AA = Will need to locate an Authorized AA Dealer.

Also be careful if you've never built a box before... you may have 8 cubes of space inside your trunk, but your TRUNK OPENING may not be big enough to fit a 4 cubic foot box inside (realistically 5-5.5 cubes external dimensions). I've made that mistake before and was pissed at the week of work that was wasted!