Mr_Jones

RL-p 15" Surround

Hello all, I bought a soundsplinter RL-p 15" probably 4 years ago? Anyway it was meant to go into a home audio project that never quite materialized and it sat on my work bench instead. During this time it seen cold temps as I live in canada and maybe have seen some things hit it I guess I dunno anyway the surround now has one small crack in it and another spot where there is a crack that is not all the way through the rubber yet. I am going to temp repair it with a silicone type glue from the back side of the surround but am interested in finding a new surround for this subwoofer. If any one can point me in the direction of one that would be much appreciated. I am slightly concerned though since this sub has never even seen power and didn't see any abuse and still has cracks and weak spots developing in the surround.....how is it going to hold up in my car over the next winter? Anyway future thanks for any info, and its a shame that soundsplinter has run into production troubles the sub looks like a beast and seems to have a small following...can't wait to have it thundering.

Can't just get a surround, would have to buy a whole recone kit. Silicone should do the trick. Looks a little ghetto, but works. :)

The felxible glue will be applied from the rear of the speaker and will not be noticable at all, as it is you cannot hardly find the crack in it after its glued no one will be the wiser unless it gets worse over time which I fear....

Can't just get a surround, would have to buy a whole recone kit. Silicone should do the trick. Looks a little ghetto, but works. :)

actually you can, its risky

but go on ebay and search

ROBOTUNDERGROUND

he sells all the TC, SSpliner, And OEM parts

i has the same problem on my RLS subs, they need an armoral, or some type of leather cleaner. or they really do crack

ROBOTUNDERGROUND

i has the same problem on my RLS subs, they need an armoral, or some type of leather cleaner. or they really do crack

Thanks for the info, I did put a good thick coat of mothers protectant on it today to try and help revive it......

ROBOTUNDERGROUND

Eh' i wouldn't risk it, personally.