Sign in to follow this  
bubblecaprice

Decisions, decisions...

So, I've finally gotten an idea of what I want. I'm really looking into the Fi BL 15'' subwoofer. I'm going to be pushing it with a Sundown SAX-1200. But, I've heard that the Q is almost a better alternative. Could someone please help me on which one to decide? And where could I get an enclosure that would really make the sub loud? Thanks!

-Austin

Well the bl is really geared towards spl more than sq but it also sounds damn good, the q is a sq driver that gets loud. So if I were you, I would get the bl. Also if you have someone build a box from fi's specs then it will be loud and sound Hella good.

Who told you the Q is a better alternative and why did they say that? The Q and BL were designed and intended for different applications, however they're not a night and day difference from one to the other. Drop both into enclosures that are optimally designed and built for each and you're not going to notice a drastic difference in the overall sound between the two, but you will notice the BL getting louder for each click of the volume.

Generally anytime someone asks which to get, we suggest the BL. The reason being is that there's been too many users out there who bought the Q's and weren't satisfied with the output. As it says on Fi's website the BL is covering the gap between the Q and BTL. It still sounds great, but with the ability to exceed the Q's in output. You should get the BL and be sure to build the proper enclosure for it. You won't be disappointed.

Sign in to follow this