Frostedflakejake

Me Complaining

So at the end of summer 09' I bought my 18" BTL. The U.F.O. style magnet right? So it took me about 8 months to gather supplies and get it running and I loved it! i always told myself that if i found another one for sale for around $350 I'd buy it and say good-bye to my rear seats and hello to hearing loss! But I never really found one and about two months ago I decided I wanted to try something new! Expand my car audio experience! It sounded like a great plan so I sold the BTL and bought two SA-15's. built my box up, and besides me not having ports caused USPS screwed me, I'm bumping again! But guess what? In the past 3 weeks it seems like I've watched four U.F.O. style magnet 18" BTL's go for sale all around $350 :suicide-santa:

I hate it when crap like that happens! Oh well... maybe I'll loose the rear seats and do a quad 15'' set-up, but boy am I ever sour about those 18''s! I only needed to wait a little longer! Oh well :ughdunno:

haha! happens to the best of us man!

but I'm positive you'll enjoy those 15's!

Sounds like my kind of luck.

Bad luck !

Try to sell what you have and get 2 btl N2 :peepwall:

Good luck !!!

The SAs are not bad at all.

But the btl is a fantastic sub. I love my N2.

shyt sucks... how bout this, my girl broke up with me and I had to move back home... Now I can't do ish since there is no real freedom at home. today I go to mess around with some settings with my amp and I hear a huge metal crash!!!

WTF!! I look up my mom hit my car door since it was open and she didn't notice! FML! :suicide-santa: :suicide-santa: :suicide-santa: :suicide-santa:

Just save up for the BTL's or grab some BL 4" models.

what your mom killed your door? man that isn't cool but post a pic...

wait she hit your door with her car as in tore it off?

Don't mean to thread jack Frosted.... but this is some shit I woke up for today...

DSCN0300.JPG

DSCN0302.JPG

DSCN0301.JPG

DSCN0294.JPG

DSCN0295.JPG

DSCN0296.JPG

HOW the bloody HELL did that happen lol and she didn't even notice.... she must be a female driver LOL.

man that sucks, how much would that cost to fix (your door that is) maybe just a rubber hammer and call it a day!

Well I wish it was just cosmetics bro... but the door does not close fully unless slammed... When I did the sound deadening this past fall the door would close with a light push and sounded fantastic too... I don't know what it would cost but obviously I am not making any insurance claims...

The plus side of this is that the car does not look like it has a nice audio system now with all the dings n my door and paint scratches from bad drivers in parking lots... It's amazing what can happen in a mall parking lot these days without anyone noticing... :suicide-santa: :suicide-santa:

Hammer..dolley, beat that shit back down, hit it with some rage gold, upol primer and then take the door off to get it painted at a body shop :)

You can bend the door back straight on that car..anything new a few good tugs will line it out within reason

hmm.... maybe I can take on this task on my own and have them paint it... I guess... :peepwall:

Thanks for that post Must

hmm.... maybe I can take on this task on my own and have them paint it... I guess... :peepwall:

Thanks for that post Must

Just ship your door to Fi car audio's address...

:D

I'll drive down there and help ya'll with computer work.... lol

There is a catch, vegas or virginia? :P

There is a catch, vegas or virginia? :P

VA no problem... I'll get outta the house and maybe spend doe on shyt I don't need like more woofas... lol

Ouch that sucks about the door :(

I think I'll probably save up and do quad SA-15's. But before i even do that i have to install my aeroports first!

More bad luck? Walked up to my car for a calming drive to discover that someone stole my rear ball hitch... :WTFBubble: Who does that?!?! Really!

Damn, hope your luck turns around. What did you do to get karma on your bad side?

My luck with car audio has just been bad! And i do mean luck, I don't mean stupidity. I made a thread a loooooong time ago about it, I can't find it at the moment so i'll make a short comprehensive list of whats gone wrong. Hopefully i can remember it all:

1) Iraggi sent me the wrong Alternator

2) db-r sent me an amplifier that really didn't work. Chris handled it realllly well though so I don't mind that. Plus, even if it was working I would have blown it anyways, which i did end up doing after he fixed the mistake that I had no control over.

3) UPS sent my battery to the wrong address and never told me. how do i know? They took the old box it was in (which had obviously been left outside of someones house in the rain) and stuck it inside of a new box. They even left the old shipping label with the wrong address on it. It really freaked me out. When you get a box with a battery inside and the box is wet you can start to worry!

4) SonicElectronix failed to tell me that they need to do a credit-card verification on orders over $500 untill i asked them two weeks after i ordered my products why they hadn't shipped out yet.

5) USPS delivered some ring terminals from Knu-Konceptz in a package that looked like it was handled by a Siberian Tiger. Only about 1/2 of the terminals were still in package. Knu hooked me up and sent me 2x as many terminals as my original order in another package! :)

That's all i can remember right now... I know i'm missing something! I'll edit and add it later if i remember. I have done some stupid things though of course, like frying my outputs on the SAZ after i got it back from db-r.

I do not know why i have bad karma around me :( I'm a pretty decent guy, at least i thought so!

at least you have your equipment to work with ,,,

Back in the late 90s, I went to a show in Memphis just to get about close to $4,000 worth of Car Audio Equipment stolen form me at the hotel ... I think the insurance paid for just under half ... Way it goes I guess, better to have bad luck than no luck at all ... :drink40:

Well I wish it was just cosmetics bro... but the door does not close fully unless slammed... When I did the sound deadening this past fall the door would close with a light push and sounded fantastic too... I don't know what it would cost but obviously I am not making any insurance claims...

The plus side of this is that the car does not look like it has a nice audio system now with all the dings n my door and paint scratches from bad drivers in parking lots... It's amazing what can happen in a mall parking lot these days without anyone noticing... :suicide-santa: :suicide-santa:

Damn your car flexes :lol2: , Have you tried to wash the car to see if the water seeps inside?

So instead of starting a 3rd thread about karma striking me again, I decided to just post again in this one!

I've been looking for a new front stage amp for about 2 months now. What did i want? A kinda old school/ old school Rockford Fosgate amplifier that did around 125 wrms at 3ohms. Why didn't I find one? My budget was about $60 and that was just simply too cheap, I didn't expect to find one, but I thought it was worth looking for. Finally yesterday I gave up the search and bought a used Pioneer GM-5400t on ebay for $30.00. Guess what sold on ebay today for $38.00?

Ebay LInk (not sure if that link will work but it should) ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! A Punch 500.2 sold for 38 stinkin' dollars?! :suicide-santa:

Oh well. Someone got a hell of a deal. I wanted that amp :/

Those were some damn good amps

x2

Bad thing is everybody always lost the end caps

Well i have some good news! The shipping actually went well on the Pioneer! That usually doesn't happen for me. It also looks brand spanking new! Should be able to test it by Monday, i want to deaden my doors first. Hopefully it works flawlessly! We all know that outside appearances have little to do with whether or not the insides are damaged. I heard some complaints about the Pioneer running really hot and not truly being 2ohm stable. The Pro 60 SE's are 3 ohms and I'm going to build an amp rack for the Pioneer and the JBL (it appears i need to add that to my signature) and utilizing some PC fans I have laying around from an old server. Should be fun, eh? :)

100_3664.jpg

100_3665.jpg