djjdnap

Make your own ring terminals

lol.... I bought 6 of them and I'm like where the FCUK am I going to fit these....

Also, I have a different 0awg fuse holder under the hood and it's nowhere near as big plus another one from darvex which wasn't as big either... anyway, so I wire it up and put the fuse in after it''s connected.... ?

Yeah the were to put them is on my mind. What I'm planning will require 14 fuse holders, so figuire that kind of space.

I wire up my amps, and before I mount the fuse I use a test light across the fuse connections so it keeps from sparking when you put in the fuse.

any danger to fusing the wire before connecting it???

any danger to fusing the wire before connecting it???

Possibly, and you'll loose a fuse if it touches ground.

Of coarse all connections should be done with battery disconnected.

lol.... I bought 6 of them and I'm like where the FCUK am I going to fit these....

Also, I have a different 0awg fuse holder under the hood and it's nowhere near as big plus another one from darvex which wasn't as big either... anyway, so I wire it up and put the fuse in after it''s connected.... ?

Yeah the were to put them is on my mind. What I'm planning will require 14 fuse holders, so figuire that kind of space.

I wire up my amps, and before I mount the fuse I use a test light across the fuse connections so it keeps from sparking when you put in the fuse.

how do you mean ???

There probably bigger so they dont melt.

Ive had some that have melted pretty bad before.

More material = better heat distro.

It shouldn't spark that bad, if thats the case just touch the power wire to the + battery terminal first.

It sparks...

Then connect it to the fuse

oh... I've never encountered an issue disconnecting and reconnecting my power wire going to the rear. Never removed the fuse either... Should I have any issues cuz of that?

usually when u install a new amp it will have i guess u could call it surge current.

Kind of like installing a new battery and it sparks a little bit from the cars electric system..

not a big deal honestly

gotcha.. I mean when I do the alternator positive to the battery positive I will make sure to maybe spark it with the stock wire first? maybe that will be good enough... lol .. But I thought that it didn't spark for me if I have the negative terminal disconnected... Could be wrong though :peepwall:

I think you need to go more custom with that amount of fuses. Get a chunk of copper or 2 and just make your own, should be better on space and possibly cost less. Just some bolts and wood even, can't be too hard to make what you plan on buying, right?

I think you need to go more custom with that amount of fuses. Get a chunk of copper or 2 and just make your own, should be better on space and possibly cost less. Just some bolts and wood even, can't be too hard to make what you plan on buying, right?

Maybe what I'm thinking at this point is premature, I'll be thinking more on this as I get closer to the point of building.