Sign in to follow this  
Kickin Kia

NSPL TRUCK/SUV1801-3600 World Record. 152.1Db@49 Hz, 3157 WATTS OF CLA

Hey Guys. I set a new World Record in NSPL Truck/SUV 1801-3600 Watt Class. 152.1Db@49Hz and 3157 Clamped watts. Team Nemesis Derrick filmed my record run. Enjoy.

Edited by Mark LaFountain
fixed video

Impressive :drink40:

Thanks man. Thanks for fixing the link as well.

Nice score!!

I'm not sure if you have your equipment posted anywhere, but I'm very interested in what you used to get that score if you don't mind :drink40:

Nice score!!

I'm not sure if you have your equipment posted anywhere, but I'm very interested in what you used to get that score if you don't mind :drink40:

Thanks man. I don't mind at all. I have 2 Sundown Audio SAZ-2000D's and 2 Sundown Audio Nightshade 15"V1 subwoofers. I had a little over 400 watts to play with, but did not want to take the chance of going over 3600 watts.

Nice score!!

Thanks man. I don't mind at all. I have 2 Sundown Audio SAZ-2000D's and 2 Sundown Audio Nightshade 15"V1 subwoofers. I had a little over 400 watts to play with, but did not want to take the chance of going over 3600 watts.

oh NICE!

Sorry I've never competed, but interested, so they clamp your amps first then you have to play at that wattage? Or how does it work?

Nice score!!

oh NICE!

Sorry I've never competed, but interested, so they clamp your amps first then you have to play at that wattage? Or how does it work?

They put a clamp meter and a multimeter on your wires, you do your run, then they calculate your wattage to see if you are at the correct wattage or at least under it. Of course, there is a chance that you go over the wattage in your class and you have to pay to rerun to try and keep your wattage in your power class.

Nice man, i like that kind of judging keeps it on a level playing field. Sure 2 people might both have 2 12's, but one is running 4000 watts and the other 1200, i know that the build has alot to do with scores also, but without power you cant make scores.

Nice man, i like that kind of judging keeps it on a level playing field. Sure 2 people might both have 2 12's, but one is running 4000 watts and the other 1200, i know that the build has alot to do with scores also, but without power you cant make scores.

Thanks man. There is definitely more in it. I am curious what it will do on a full tilt burp. My amps have put out over 5,000 watts when strapped.

Great stuff!! Congrats!! :drink40:

Nice score! :fing34:

Thanks Jacob. Thanks for making awesome products too.

I have gotten in debates with SPLeague as they know how these clamping classes work...

They set the meters to peak hold.. that is UNFAIR!

The meters will peak at different times resulting in the judge mis-understanding what just happened and saying the equipment put out a LOT more power than what it really did.

Example-

Let's say you have an amp that is wired to 1 ohm and is putting out 90v\90a.

Well, at full tilt, it will not put out that voltage because of the low wiring load, it will put stress on the voltage rails and cause it to sag.

So let's say it is putting out 90A because the least resistance is built at the beginning of the burp.

Now, the current will start to roll off because the sub is starting to heat up or the terminals are or it is clipping...

When this happens, current will back off and voltage will start to rise...

Now the dmm peaks at 90v but the current has dropped significantly...

Resulting in a false output score by far.

Meaning, you didn't put out that much power, it's less than that.

I have gotten in debates with SPLeague as they know how these clamping classes work...

The meters will peak at different times resulting in the judge mis-understanding what just happened and saying the equipment put out a LOT more power than what it really did.

Example-

Well, at full tilt, it will not put out that voltage because of the low wiring load, it will put stress on the voltage rails and cause it to sag.

So let's say it is putting out 90A because the least resistance is built at the beginning of the burp.

Now, the current will start to roll off because the sub is starting to heat up or the terminals are or it is clipping...

wow, very interesting...

Are none of the judges aware of this? Or could this just vary by different comps?

Are those 2Kd's strapped? at what ohm?

Believe it or not they are strapped at a quarter ohm each, but my cone rise is 4 ohms so the amps are fine.

Example-

If that is the case, then that is an awesome score with less power.

Edited by Kickin Kia

My future plans are 4 SA-12's and 2 SAZ-2500D's Strapped. If my SAZ-2000D's produce good results with the SA-12's, I will keep them instead.

Example-

This argument has gone around for a while.

I understand what you're saying and I agree. However, this is how NSPL judges their classes and with everyone being clamped the same way, it is about as close to fair as you can get. May not be 100% accurate, but makes for good competition.

ok, since we agree, check this out-

So you already know that the "clamped numbers" they are saying is actually higher than it really is...

This can cause concern for putting people in too high of a class.

Well, you can't use the argument they do it for everybody.. why? here is a great example-

Just gonna make up somethin here..

Let's say 2 people were tryin to be in this 1800-3600w class.

the first guy has 2 Fi SSDs ran off of 2 sundown 3500s strapped @2ohm.

the 2nd guy has 4 Fi SSDs ran off of 2 sundown 3500s strapped @2ohm

Assuming they had the same electrical and impedance curve, the 1st guy with the 2 SSDs will clamp WAY more power out than the first guy.

Why?

Because 2 ssds will go into insane power compression which will cause a massive increase in impedance.

From the beginning to the end of the clamp during the burp, the voltage and amperage would have peaked at different times resulting in a false peak and higher than actual wattage output.

the 1st guy is actually putting out less power, but will clamp in peak hold as if he's putting out more.

We have tested this many times and at worst there is a difference of around 200-300w. It's not as bad as it's being made out to be.

Sign in to follow this