Sign in to follow this  
mendezm9

Need update on Alt status

Ordered a 270xp alt almost 5 weeks ago for a 2004 300m. Was told there would be no wait but you were behind 2 weeks so I should get it once you guys were caught up. Two weeks went by and I got a phone call from Kyle saying you did not have parts in stock and were looking at 1 to 2 weeks. It has been two weeks and now on to the third. Have sent multiple emails that have gone unanswered. Robbie did reply via pm that he would look into it but have not heard since. Just wondering what kind of time frame I am looking at right now.

Thanks

If I remember correctly I thought I gave you a call letting you know that Stan made a mistake and we actually didn't have an alternator for your vehicle yet and that we were at least a month out. We are still in the midst of developing it and Robbie is head on getting it completed. I'm really sorry but I can't get you something that we don't have yet. I will be more than happy to give you a refund if you would like your money back if needed though. Let me know. :)

If I remember correctly I thought I gave you a call letting you know that Stan made a mistake and we actually didn't have an alternator for your vehicle yet and that we were at least a month out. We are still in the midst of developing it and Robbie is head on getting it completed. I'm really sorry but I can't get you something that we don't have yet. I will be more than happy to give you a refund if you would like your money back if needed though. Let me know. :)

Yes, I did get you voicemail. You said we were looking at 1 or 2 weeks though and that was 3 weeks ago. You now say a month. Is that a month from when the phone call was made three weeks ago or a month from now? When I submitted my ticket I got a reply from both you and Robbie. Robbie said parts were almost always in stock and there wouldn't be any delay in shipping. He never said anything about parts needing to be developed.

I am not looking for a refund just my alt which I thought I was getting three weeks ago.

How does the name matter? If its for a 2004 300m you should know if you have it or not without the name.

I am finding DC going further down the tubes with C/S

J

How does the name matter? If its for a 2004 300m you should know if you have it or not without the name.

J

Well, maybe because we had two orders for the same vehicle and engine within a day of each other?

Screen%20shot%202011-04-22%20at%203.59.23%20PM.png

Just saying.....

As for the OP, I just spoke to him on the phone about the situation.

Did talk with Kyle, basically he doesnt know the status until Robbie comes in. My question of why it was never mentioned it still needed to be developed still went unanswered. I understand one person there making a mistake but all three stated parts where there and it would be built as soon as they got caught up. I had heard good and bad stories about DC. I guess I was hoping for things to have gone a bit smoother than they have. Will be updating this as I receive info.

J

Well, maybe because we had two orders for the same vehicle and engine within a day of each other?

Screen%20shot%202011-04-22%20at%203.59.23%20PM.png

Just saying.....

As for the OP, I just spoke to him on the phone about the situation.

And you don't know the status of even one of them? Just to be able to say, right now we are working on two of them. They both should be finished by blah blah blah. Its simple C/S Bro. Add in not knowing shit till rob shows up, and its a recipe for bad c/s man. You guys all really need to know whats going on at all times. Not just one or two people.

I know if I am working on something, everyone knows where its at and what the time line is. They don't have to wait on me for an answer. I mean shit keep a damn tracker of stuff, and update it everytime shit happens. It really is not that fuckin complicated man. I know I am being a complete prick, but I expect better than Iraggi C/S from you guys. I know SSA and car audio in general is not your main squeeze. And thats GREAT. But damn man if its this bad here, I have to wonder how bad it is for everyone else.

J

Any update? It has now been 7 weeks I believe. Hadnt posted anything since Kyle said Rob would most likely give me an update on Tuesday or Wednesday of last week when he was back in since he was supposedly working on it. Have not received an email or phone call from anybody at DC power. It has now been a week since then and still no new info.

Miguel, this was MY fault.. I pulled up your original ticket and didnt check the actual ticket and followed Stans original reply. We never *had* an alternator for the 300M, just the 300C. In any event, I'll have the alt built tomorrow and just need to get the rear support bracket made so it *should* ship by the end of the week at the latest.. Again, this one's all my fault, I should have checked the info more closely. Either way, you'll have a new 270XP in your hands very, very soon.. Rob

This is now the third time I have been lied to by DC Power. Spoke with Kyle and he said 3 days until I got my alt and that was a week ago. I waited a week since he said that would be the longest I would have to wait and still nothing. I want my alt. I paid 600 to have an alt in 2 weeks its been 8. Please contact me either here or Kyle has my phone number.

Sorry to hear that, I'm waiting myself.

Sent you a pm Rob.

This is now the third time I have been lied to by DC Power. Spoke with Kyle and he said 3 days until I got my alt and that was a week ago. I waited a week since he said that would be the longest I would have to wait and still nothing. I want my alt. I paid 600 to have an alt in 2 weeks its been 8. Please contact me either here or Kyle has my phone number.

Miguel, you were NOT lied to, you were given the best information we had that WE were given. Us lying to you COMPLETELY different than giving you the best educated guess on a timeframe based on what we were told. I do not appreciate being called a liar when that's not the case..

For what it's worth, your alternator shipped today as I told you most likely it would and you will have it next week.. Thanks again for your business and your patience.. Rob

Miguel, you were NOT lied to, you were given the best information we had that WE were given. Us lying to you COMPLETELY different than giving you the best educated guess on a timeframe based on what we were told. I do not appreciate being called a liar when that's not the case..

For what it's worth, your alternator shipped today as I told you most likely it would and you will have it next week.. Thanks again for your business and your patience.. Rob

I spoke with Kyle on May 3. It was then that he told the alt was done and was just waiting on the bracket before it could get shipped off. I repeated the statement and asked just to make sure, he said the bracket was the only thing holding it up.

A week later I post on facebook, whoever posts up said that nothing was done a week ago but now the alt is done now and the bracket was the last thing needed.

DCWallpost.jpg

I was lied since I was told the alt was done and was just waiting on the bracket then a week later I am told nothing was done a week ago but now it is and the bracket is the last thing needed.

I do not appreciate paying 600 dollars for an alt which I am told by Stan, Kyle, and you is in stock and then getting anything until 9 weeks later. Like I stated before, I was never looking for a refund and I was not wanting to put any other alt in my car. I would not have minded the wait IF I was told that from the beginning. I got responses from all three of you, confirming the alt was in stock, before I put my order in to try and prevent exactly what happened. At this point, knowing the alt will be awesome, I would still consider my experience with DC Power as negative.

I got my alt today. wont be able to install until next weekend though. One thing I was wondering about is that i thought alts came with test sheets so we could see what we could expect from it at idle. there was no such sheet in the box...

I got my alt today. wont be able to install until next weekend though. One thing I was wondering about is that i thought alts came with test sheets so we could see what we could expect from it at idle. there was no such sheet in the box...

Mine didn't come with one either, but mine perform perfectly! I've seen some issues with customer service from DC but that is it. There products are outstanding and their customer service isn't bad MOST of the time. I have had 0 issues out of my alts and am glad I went with DC power.

Just wanted to put in a good word.

I'm running their 250 sp's in a triple configuration btw.

:fing34:

Edited by holley2346

If we don't have an individual part number set up in the dyno then we can't print them for some part numbers which would be your case.. 270XP's all run within about .3% of each other, so if you want something for reference, look here: https://www.dcpowerinc.com/performance_sheets/270-XP.png

It won't be more than 1-2 amps above or below those numbers, and in most cases they run within .1-.3 amps of each other unit to unit.. Please let us know what you think when you get it installed.. Rob

So I finally got some free time to install my alt. Got my old one out and while looking at both of them I noticed that the hole for the bolt on the bottom side is was smaller than the one on the oem alt. The bolt is a 15 but is way to think for the hole on alt is more about an 11 or 12. I need Kyle or Robbie to call me and let me know what's the next step here... Do I need to send this back? I was hoping for no more issues after it took so long to get it but I guess not. I tried calling the number I have for Kyle- (951-602-5378), no answer, tells me Kyle is busy. Alt is for a 2004 Chrysler 300m special. My number is 515-745-8344

I did think about taking it somewhere local and getting that whole made bigger but I don't want to get screwed later on by having them say I changed the alt so I am responsible for anything resulting from that.

Factory Alt

IMAG0641.jpg

270XP- The black bolt is a size 15 and that hole is more like a 11 or 12.

IMAG0643-1.jpg

Also the plug is not the same spot. I realize it could just be in a different spot not affect performance but after all I went through, I'm wondering if they just sent me something to shut me up for a while. Is that actually suppose to be on the side or is it the wrong alt?

IMAG0644.jpg

Edited by mendezm9

Miguel you weren't sent something to just make you shut up. The plug wont have an issue. Just yours comes out the back while this one comes out the side. It won't affect performance in any way. If you're comfortable with drilling out the hole (because it doesn't look like it's tapped) to match the other that's fine otherwise call me on monday and i will send you a RMA and we will take care of it ourselves.

Thanks for the quick reply. If it is not tapped I will go ahead and do it myself. Would really like to get it installed as I've had it for a while now and haven't had a chance to.

Sign in to follow this