hardballer7

Ported enclosure sealed from trunk to armrest pass through

Vechicle is BMW 7 series... The cabin is so well sealed, that not much bass has been entering the cabin of the vehicle. It's stuck in the trunk. I'm thinking about doing a new ported enclosure that would face the rear seats, and is completely sealed from the trunk. Hopefully, it will force more air through the armrest ski-pass...I'm trying this because I don't really want to slice up the rear deck. So the question is, should I leave a few inches between the box and the rear seats or build the port so that it extends into the ski-pass and seal that as well? The goal being maximum output, of course... Any help is greatly appreciated.

going there the back deck would be the best way,but I don't blame you not wanting to cut up your car. What kinda subs are you running

A single 15" Memphis Mojo (new style) for now. Depending on how it sounds, I may switch to either a 15" Xcon/Fi BL or 2 12" Icons/Fi Q's

Seems like there is a few of us BMW owners looking to do this same exact thing lately. I have worked on mine, but the length of the aero port needed to be to long for my liking, or my sons for the matter. So i put it off. But i am looking at doing one now so i can help out the owners owners and give some insight to it. If you get it done soon let me know, would like to see what you have come up with.

Iv heard that doing this with 2 subs instead of one and angle the 2 subs towards each other and having them point to the front of the car. Also seal them to the back of the arm rest so the trunk does not rattle. I also would try and make it from wood so it would fit to the arm rest hole.

Seems like there is a few of us BMW owners looking to do this same exact thing lately. I have worked on mine, but the length of the aero port needed to be to long for my liking, or my sons for the matter. So i put it off. But i am looking at doing one now so i can help out the owners owners and give some insight to it. If you get it done soon let me know, would like to see what you have come up with.

I'm at my wit's end bro! I've been on every Bimmer forum out there and everyone I've talked with is less than satisfied with the way the trunk is insulated. I'm hoping that it will make a difference...if not, I'm just gonna keep it the way it is because I love the car otherwise... what did you do to your Bimmer? What year/series is it?

I hate that the cabin has NO ACCESS to my trunk.

I still feel the bass, but I hear and feel so much of it trapped in the trunk.

I wish I had a pass through or fold down seats :(

I ran a single 12 in a bandpass box ported threw the back deck so it would be hitting the back window it got down but the box builder said two subs is how he normaly does it but he would do what ever I wanted I had an 01 325i but I would do what I suggested in the last post

Can you get to your trunk threw the arm rest I just assumed you can

I had a kia with the armrest passage and was looking for something similiar to force more sound thru the opening. I was working on building a bandpass with port thru the passage. I know that they are more complex to build but in theory all the sound comes from the port which would be straight thru the passage and leaving almost no trunk rattle. Just an Idea.

Can you get to your trunk threw the arm rest I just assumed you can

Yea. My car has a ski-pass access..... Apparently all BMW owners ski. Lol

I had a kia with the armrest passage and was looking for something similiar to force more sound thru the opening. I was working on building a bandpass with port thru the passage. I know that they are more complex to build but in theory all the sound comes from the port which would be straight thru the passage and leaving almost no trunk rattle. Just an Idea.

I thought about that, but it's way more complex. Also, I was under the impression that if I did a bandpass enclosure I wouldn't get the frequency response I'm looking for from 30-40 hz.

Rofl that's funny but yea man I would agree with bowtieguy on this I had the bandpass in my bmw iv seen it in a caprice also it will get loud man its probly your best bet

I thought about that, but it's way more complex. Also, I was under the impression that if I did a bandpass enclosure I wouldn't get the frequency response I'm looking for from 30-40 hz.

the response will be based on your tuning, it is a complex build but would be well worth it in the end. Think about it, all bass is sent into the cabin area via ski passage. Advantage = no trunk rattle. The bigger you can build the box the better the response curve is.

You can pull the carpet off the back of the seat and cut a few of the triangles out of the plastic backing on the seat. Then glue the carpet back with contact cement. The below vehicle sounded real weak with two flatline 12's. It was a night and day difference afterwards.

m5001.jpg

m5069.jpg

I dont understand what you did there

Did you take out the carpet from the trunk? Like all of it and then make holes?

If I had a ski pass only I would do a bandpass for sure.

I dont understand what you did there

Did you take out the carpet from the trunk? Like all of it and then make holes?

No, I said to take the carpet off the back of the seat.

Finished the build.....and it turned out AWESOME!!!!! Here's the link to the other forum where I posted it.

My link

47252dfb-c7f9-fe36.jpg here's the before pic

47252dfb-c82b-5026.jpg here's the after pic

47252dfb-c850-9273.jpg here's a shot from inside the vehicle

47252dfb-c871-2c50.jpg here's what's inside! 15" Mojo

looks great..... amazing work done by them.... :fing34:

looks great..... amazing work done by them.... :fing34:

My homeboy Baer does awesome work.

Very nice install! :drink40: