SilveradoSS_BTL18

Fi BTL 18 Rattle noise

Ok my Fully loaded Fi BTL 18 started making a rattle noise coming from the subwoofer. still hits hard but when it hit the highs you can hear a pretty loud rattle from the sub. lemme kno if you kno what it is

Take a vid and post it up.

Hard to say without hearing it.

Are you sure it's the sub?

Take a vid and post it up.

Hard to say without hearing it.

Are you sure it's the sub?

^ this. It helps me to tell if its the sub if i disconnect the the RCA's from the amp(s) that power your speakers so that all you can hear is the sub. Helps me alot!

edit: also listen with all doors and truck/hatch open

Edited by Frostedflakejake

There's not much that could rattle on the sub...

Have you checked the spiders to make sure they are in good condition? Its possible the glue would of failed and cause a rattle.

Best thing to do is take the sub out the box, and free air it.

There are two things it could be here.... both have happened to me and just sound like a little rattling on high notes. That is *IF IT IS THE SUB

1.) Dust cap is coming loose and is vibrating, causing the sound you are hearing

2.) You have gassed the voice coil (by powering it incorrectly) and some windings are sliding off the bottom of the former (mine played for a few weeks like this).

Case 1 you can get you some epoxy and get the dustcap back where it should be.....

Case 2 you get to learn how to recone a subwoofer (super easy)

If it's the dustcap it will eventually come completely off, in which case you'll just have to epoxy the entire thing back on.

:fing34: